Funny were are the Cardinal fans now?

azz061

I said I screwed up the previous post. I googled it (and attached the link, to boot) and it was wrong. That's where I typed it from. So this time I went to packers.com and did it. Happy? Jeesh I made a flipping mistake and I'm getting chewed out for it. And yes, they did start off 1-2. Ohhhh well. They sort of pulled their heads out and they're playoff bound now so whatever. The year they won the Superbowl they were the 6th seed in the NFC.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azz061

• Z06_Mir

• Shifty

• Two Fangs

Easy, sister. No one is chewing you out here. This is a fun place remember? Say it with me fuuuunnnn. You saw my smilies, right? Don't get so defensive when someone is joking with you and you will smile a lot more. :wacked: :wacked:

Look who Green Bay beat though Mike... especially in the beginning of the season..

Texans in Week 2

Rams in week 3

Vikings week 9

Bears in week 13

Strange, I thought Green Bay lost their first three games.

I believe the Texans were beat in week 6, the Rams in week 7, the Vikings in week 13 and the Bears in week 15...

I just pulled those from Google. I'll go back and look... but I'm pretty sure that GB started out 2-2 or 1-2, not 0-3

From their website:

Week 1 against SF - LOSS (playoff team)

Week 2 against Chicago - WIN (no play offs)

Week 3 against Seattle - LOSS (BULLSHIT LOSS) (playoffs)

Week 4 against New Orleans - WIN (no playoff)

Week 5 against Indianpolis - LOSS (playoff)

Week 6 against Houston - WIN (playoff)

Week 7 against St. Louis - WIN (no playoff)

Week 8 against Jacksonville - WIN (no playoff)

Week 9 against Arizona - WIN (no playoff)

Week 10 - BYE

Week 11 against Detroit - WIN (no playoff)

Week 12 against Giants - LOSS (no playoff)

Week 13 against Minnesota - WIN (playoff)

Week 14 against Chicago - WIN (no playoff)

Week 16 against Tennessee - WIN (no playoff)

Week 17 against Minnesota - LOSS (playoff)

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html?icampaign=spotlight_schedule

Google WTF

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+bay+packers&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS503US503&oq=green+bay+packers&aqs=chrome.0.59j60l3j61l2.2299&sugexp=chrome,mod=2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So Packers have lost to 4 of the teams in the playoffs!

We beat

Seattle at home

New England away

Greenbay away

So we have beaten three of the the teams in the playoffs.

Get your facts jack! And Denver will be out!

I told you in my post you would mention beating the Seabirds, but you didn't mention the trouncing you got by them later in the season. Take your ball and go home embarrassing.

The Pats were beat by the 4 win having Cardnials at home as well, so yeah you're in good company. The 9ers gave up 35 to the pats still and they also gave up 40+ to the Seabirds the very next game. That's not playoff caliber at all.

The Pack was the first game of the season. Grats for winning one before people have it together. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Minnesota also ran you over and the defending champs, who missed the playoffs, also trounced you.

So your record is based of teams that aren't playoff caliber and many of them fired their coaches.

Before I read Drew's post I had a lot to say but he covered it pretty well. Yeah, Green Bay did struggle at parts of the season and they lost to some playoff teams, they also won against teams that were supposed to be better than they were. Yes, GB lost the last game of the season, but that gives them home field AND rumor has it some of their big injuries will be back so they'll hopefully have a full defense. Green Bay went 15-1 last year (losing the Kansas City, I might add) and yet blew it in the playoffs. GB only lost 1 divisional game this season (last game) which is pretty darn good considering IMO they are the toughest division this year with 3 very strong teams and even the Lions weren't terrible this year.

even the Lions weren't terrible this year.

Yes they were, they just had a couple of stand-out players... :facepalm:

even the Lions weren't terrible this year.

Yes they were, they just had a couple of stand-out players... :facepalm:

12 of their 16 games were within 1 possession. 5 of their 10 out of division games were against playoff teams. They deliberately lost vs the Cardinals to acquire an earlier draft pick, since their season was lost by then.

Sun 9/9 St. Louis Rams St. Louis (0-0) W 27 - 23

Sun 9/16 San Francisco 49ers at San Francisco (1-0) L 19 - 27

Sun 9/23 Tennessee Titans at Tennessee (0-2) L 41 - 44

Sun 9/30 Minnesota Vikings Minnesota (2-1) L 13 - 20

Bye

Sun 10/14 Philadelphia Eagles at Philadelphia (3-2) W 26 - 23

Mon 10/22 Chicago Bears at Chicago (4-1) L 7 - 13

Sun 10/28 Seattle Seahawks Seattle (4-3) W 28 - 24

Sun 11/4 Jacksonville Jaguars at Jacksonville (1-6) W 31 - 14

Sun 11/11 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota (5-4) L 24 - 34

Sun 11/18 Green Bay Packers Green Bay (6-3) L 20 - 24

Thu 11/22 Houston Texans Houston (9-1) L 31 - 34

Sun 12/2 Indianapolis Colts Indianapolis (7-4) L 33 - 35

Sun 12/9 Green Bay Packers at Green Bay (8-4) L 20 - 27

Sun 12/16 Arizona Cardinals at Arizona (4-9) L 10 - 38

Sat 12/22 Atlanta Falcons Atlanta (12-2) L 18 - 31

Sun 12/30 Chicago Bears Chicago (9-6) L 24 - 26

Teh final score doesn't always tell teh story though....I like teh Lions, and watched a bunch of their games....other than Calvin, and some decent plays by Stafford, they looked like poopy.

Teh final score doesn't always tell teh story though....I like teh Lions, and watched a bunch of their games....other than Calvin, and some decent plays by Stafford, they looked like poopy.

Well if the final score was 5 points more for the Lions on only 6 games, they'd be in the playoffs. You know they outplayed Houston on Thanksgiving, until the coach dropped the flag. They just can't get past the stupid penalties.

I agree they are not championship calibre, but they're a lot closer now than a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well Mike. I wouldn't say Green Bay are in the same league as the Cardinals either. We won our division, won first game of the playoffs too. Ohhhh well. Not everyone can win the superbowl every year. I'll be back next year, still a Green Bay fan and still always rooting for my team. They fell short tonight, but I'd rather be a fan of a Green Bay team that loses than any other team in the NFL.

Only luck and some surprise offense in teh form of DuJuan Harris even kept them in teh game teh first half, as well as a few well placed passes to Jennings. By teh time Nelson, Finley and Cobb got into teh game, teh offensive line was so tired, they couldn't do anything right. Good job for teh 49rs, I picked them and teh Gheytriots in teh Big Game, but started to doubt during teh season.