Fiberglass work

Red64

I did notice when my '64 was on a lift this weekend that it has a 4" vertical crack on the rear quarter panel. Any recommendations for a body shop that does 'glass work? I live near Firebird Raceway and I am willing to travel for go to a highly recommended shop. Any recommendations? Speaking of Firebird....has anyone heard if their lease is going to be renewed? Heard some chatter in early December that there was a lease "issue". This is/was second hand information and I am not trying to be a rumor mongerer. Just want to know if I can still see 8000HP nitro cars blasting down the strip. Nothing finer than a Funny car or Top fueler lighting up the tires! Well there is, but I am trying to keep this post clean!

If you don't mind going a little distance (17 & Carefree), then I would highly recommend Award Winning Restoration (602 421 2611). Just tell them Vic with the 66 sent you. Carl did a fantastic job on mine. If you would like to see the work go to Sand's Chevy at Waddell and 303. Buzz Sands liked to car and decided to add it to his Personal inventory that he keeps on the showroom floor. Carl replaced the rear Quarters and did all the bodywork to strip it and correct all the gaps. When you see the car, notice the rear quarters and how they flare while still keeping the bodyline. They are 1.5 inches wider over the rear wheel and allowed me to run 8 inch rims and wide tires without any problems. Carl knew what to do to make it all work.

I'll second talking to Joe at Classic Gold... As far as I can tell, Firebird has zero events planned for April or any date thereafter. We have Feb 2nd secured for our autoX. And a contact at Bondurant said they can't commit to any lot rentals until after the end of March.

Call Tom at Classic Performance Restoration in Mesa, 480-964-3488, for a look at your issue. I'd take my car to each of these recommended shops. That way, you'll get a feel for the folks that will be working on your car. Don't just go by what we say, see for yourself, as you're going to have to live with the finished product. Dave

The Firebird 1/4 mile track will close at the end of their lease in April. I don't know about other functions that lease land there.