Hobbit

Life's good

I seen this in IMAX 3D the graphics are awesome personally I think to get the full experience this is the way to go. I recommend wearing something comfortable its long 2Hr 45min.

When I first heard there were going to be 3 movies to tell the story I was a bit puzzled. I mean . . the book itself wasn't a long read, nowhere near like reading the Ring Trilogy or even the Silmarillion ( the 'overview' of Middle Earth ..the story of the gods, elves and men's history) How the heck could they make 3 movies worth of the story-telling quality that the Ring Trilogy had shown out of just one book? Well. When it was over it did not seem anywhere near like almost 3 hours had gone by. If anything, it is better than the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Everything. I was captured immediately by the start ..the whole story kept me enthralled right to the very end. Very worthy. Of course ... now I cannot wait for the rest. Gonna drive me nuts. -Frank

We saw it last night. I agree with Frank, sure didn't feel like 3 hours. The additional new parts were very nicely done and seemed to fit into the story just fine. Now all we have to do is wait for part 2.

It was horrifying. Almost as bad as Les Miserables. It dragged on and on, like waiting at a checkout and no cashier.

Took my son Eric to see it in 3d HFR .. ..'immersive' doesn't even begin to describe how good that 3d works. It felt like I was looking through a window with the action happening right outside.. ..a big window. That was open ..cause some stuff came right up into my face! How immersive? There's a scene where Thorin Oakenshield comes into camera from close right .. ..son and I both looked to see who the moron was who was cuttin in front of our view .. ..er... wait ..nm ..he's in the MOVIE .. LOL. ..and so on. For those who don't know what HFR is ..the filming process is done digitially with much higher frame rates. None o' this flicker/tear/artifacting going on when the camera pans across a scene.. seamless suspension of disbelief. It was amazing. Tickets only added 50 cents to the price ..worth every penny. -Frank

It was horrifying. Almost as bad as Les Miserables. It dragged on and on, like waiting at a checkout and no cashier.

You should stick to sandwich making because this was only part 1 of 3 from one book!

You should stick to sandwich making because this was only part 1 of 3 from one book!

I don't make sandwiches!!!! And it was stupid!!! Lol

I don't make sandwiches!!!! And it was stupid!!! Lol

:smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

• 3 weeks later...

Saw it last night.......meh, it's was OK. 3 hours was a bit long. This is also the first movie I can remember where beheading and impalings with a sword leaves no blood on the sword, or the victims.A bloodless battle between two opposing armies.....nice. And, those dwarfs and hobbits are amazing.....they can fall down 300 foot jagged crevaces and experieince nairly a broken bone, or scratch. We, as a species, are jelly fish compared to these guys. And, at the end.....those birds could've saved us on the next movie by flying them the extra 30-50 miles to their destination. :smilelol I think SNL just about covered everything !!!! :smilelolhttp://www.hulu.com/#!watch/447654

Wow that was a waste of $20 and 3 hours. There's no way I'll see the next two movies. That move drug on for no reason other than to split 1 movie into 3 for profit sake. The dwarfs were near useless, couldn't take 3 trolls or much else in a fight. Gandalf had to carry them the whole way. And as Victor pointed out, they could have flown the entire way from the very beginning!! Dumb! LOTR was pretty bad and this was way worse.

Wow that was a waste of $20 and 3 hours. There's no way I'll see the next two movies. That move drug on for no reason other than to split 1 movie into 3 for profit sake.

The dwarfs were near useless, couldn't take 3 trolls or much else in a fight. Gandalf had to carry them the whole way. And as Victor pointed out, they could have flown the entire way from the very beginning!! Dumb!

LOTR was pretty bad and this was way worse.

Exactly how I felt.

Haters, all of you just need a little hobbit lovin...

I never read any of the books.....I was too busy checking out Playboy's in my youth :leaving

• 2 months later...

I finally saw this. I love the book but I didn't like this movie and it's unlikely I'll see the next two. There wasn't enough content for the length of the movie, and I was wishing it was over long before it was. HUGE disappointment.

Agreed. Haven't seen it yet. Fairly certain I'll be disappointed. Still waiting for it to be released to Redbox. Most movies these days are consistently bad. At least they're predictable.

I finally saw this.

I love the book but I didn't like this movie and it's unlikely I'll see the next two.

There wasn't enough content for the length of the movie, and I was wishing it was over long before it was.

HUGE disappointment.

agreed

it was lame. and the names referenced to things, places,races, or objects had no meaning to me.

Watched at Home with a group of friends, They enjoyed the 3D and we were able to take an intermission and have Pizza. The movie its self was a bit of a dissapointment but still had a great time, looking forward to the next installment.