NW102 Flutter Followed by Closing

Two Fangs

I got ahold of Nick Williams, he says it's the PCM freaking out from the extra torque on the motor the increased airflow has on the bigger throttle blade. The blade moves a larger degree than the PCM allows.

There are calibration tables for it, but neither HP Tuners of EFI Live give you access to them.

As much as I really hate to say this, but Chuck (Corvettes of Winchester) has accessed those tables.

There's also a company in Germany that claims to have up to 18 different throttle calibrations for DBW cars.

Chuck at C0W, wow, yeah, I'd probably rather rig something out of rubber bands I think.

As far as this outfit in Deutschland, do you happen to know their name?

Thanks everyone

I said I hated to mention it. :smilelol

Google "pedalbox". I briefly looked there, but had no interest to dig deeper.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• azz061

• Desertdawg

• HOXXOH

Cool! Your car is a beast and i want to see it go! Makes my car seem so slow! lol

Not on Sunday, it didn't :lol :lol

We had issues with ours. Apparently NW came out with a stronger motor which from what people have said fixes the issue. We need to send ours back to get looked at.

Word from the Camaro crowd is the latest round of fixes are hit and miss at best. Most start out happy, and end up with the same issue. Mine held during summer testing, but it sure kicked my ass this weekend.

I got ahold of Nick Williams, he says it's the PCM freaking out from the extra torque on the motor the increased airflow has on the bigger throttle blade. The blade moves a larger degree than the PCM allows.

There are calibration tables for it, but neither HP Tuners of EFI Live give you access to them.

As much as I really hate to say this, but Chuck (Corvettes of Winchester) has accessed those tables.

There's also a company in Germany that claims to have up to 18 different throttle calibrations for DBW cars.

Chuck at C0W, wow, yeah, I'd probably rather rig something out of rubber bands I think.

As far as this outfit in Deutschland, do you happen to know their name?

Thanks everyone

I said I hated to mention it. :smilelol

Google "pedalbox". I briefly looked there, but had no interest to dig deeper.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Seen a couple of issues as of late with the larger TBs and mucho airflow. Are you sure you really need more than a 90mm hole? How large is the smallest section of your charge piping? Turbos love PRs, I can't imagine that a stock TB is going to hold you back at all but it would certainly get rid of the BS of the larger stuff.

I am 2 inch charge piping per turbo into an intercooler and then a 4 inch inlet pipe. Going to try and see if I can squeeze a larger motor in there, if not, I am going to give the TPIS a try. If no joy, then I am going to tuck my tail firmly between my legs and go back to a stocker.

I am 2 inch charge piping per turbo into an intercooler and then a 4 inch inlet pipe. Going to try and see if I can squeeze a larger motor in there, if not, I am going to give the TPIS a try. If no joy, then I am going to tuck my tail firmly between my legs and go back to a stocker.

Well you got the big pipe but I'm still not sure if the bigger TB would really be netting much. Either way I haven't seen anything else work yet even the newer NW TBs with the stronger motors. Same thing happened on LPM's vette with the NW, would flutter on fast transitions and trip REP. Only thing to fix it even after loosening up the TB diagnostics a ton was to use the stocker.

But the 102 and TB will work fine on a NA motor but not the boosted motor due to the speed of the increased airflow?

Yes no problems there this is only for LOTS of airflow pushing against the blade in a boosted app.

It may be my only choice in the long run. The TPIS guys said they would take theirs back if I could show them a log where the boost was making it flutter. All Nick did was acknowledge it was an issue and say he is working on a fix that will be able to be retrofitted. The TPIS is too new for any sort of track record, but I am willing to put it to the test. Hell, it's only money :banghead I have worked with every table I have to soften up blade reaction, but it still got me. My street testing halfway convinced me I had the issue knocked, but alas. Even though the turbos are in the back, with the AMS1000, they hit hard.

Ok since your both on do i need the short injectors or taller ones for my ls7 to go E85? I purchased hp tuners pro and waiting to hear back on his Siemens injectors to verify size.

Well if youdecide to dump the 102 and the TB let me know it wouldn't hurt my set up and i might gain a couple hp

I have about 80 hours of labor and who knows how much resin in the intake, so it will be staying on the car. But, if you can find an intake, we may be able to work a deal on the TB.

As far as the injectors, shorties are the answer. With your cam, the 60 lb/hr shorties should work, but you will need the "Brown O-rings" from Lingenfelter. You might end up in Pete territory with fueling, though.

Not sure of you noticed or not, but that intake is, well, shall we say bigger, than the one off the shelf. And what is going on inside of it is even more impressive.

I think my cam is alot smaller than his. He seems to be making about 60 rwhp more than mine.

I see, I thought you guys were on par for some reason...

Posted Image

dang dude, you're not kidding, that is smaller (duration and lift wise) than my cam. I have more lobe separation and my valve timing events are way different, though.

I didn't really pay any attention lol! I was more liking the clean look of the coils!

The cool thing about that kit is its functionality, you don't have to do anything other than disconnect the coil harness and plug wires to get the valve covers off.

It is very nice on the road and makes alot of power!

Yep, it looks like a very nice grind to me!

I love the clean look. I am going to spend my bucks getting the car were i want it power wise and then clean up the engine bay. I am not doing any ZR1 parts this go around just keeping it plain stock looking.

I didn't really pay any attention lol! I was more liking the clean look of the coils!

The cool thing about that kit is its functionality, you don't have to do anything other than disconnect the coil harness and plug wires to get the valve covers off.

It is very nice on the road and makes alot of power!

Yep, it looks like a very nice grind to me!

Cool. I am learning all the details now so i can understand builds better for the future

By purchasing hp tuners i will have two tunes to switch from. So i can run E85 and switch to 91 pump gas when needed. Now you have to run the tank as close to empty as you can but thats not difficult. Also i have to increase my injector size.