New head lights.

DvC

I know this probably wont be all that popular with you guys or c5 guys in general but i think the c5s worst feature is its pop up headlights. I decided to buy some fixed lights to "fix" what i saw as a problem. with just the halos on it looks awesome. the lights could be aimed a little better but i think youll agree the original lights' output was nothing to write home about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

love the halos

love the projector beams/light cannons

hate the wart like enclosure.

sorry

there are just not that many options for the c5

if you could crack them open and paint the housing the same color ad the body that would be a step in the right direction.

by the way in one of the reflections of on the car paint i can see your penis showing.

HA! made you look!

Whats strange is as against these lights as I have always been I bought a set for 123.xx shipped off eBay and started installing them tonight. However I got them so cheap because they were chrome and well... I hate chrome. So BigPaPa (Now BigGrandPaPa) and I took them apart, sanded, cleaned, adhivse sprayed and painted them Semi Gloss Black. Hopefully tomorrow I can install mine too. I however was thinking of cutting off the plastic lens and running them without it because I think it might lower ti enough that the look is one I like more. We shall see. Either way I had not seen the Halo model, its different.

Pop up headlights were iconic Corvette. Do I miss them? Yes Do I like the light output of the C6 over any popup? oh he'll yes. Teh halos look cool :thumbs

I was never a fan of the depo lights. I thought they looked cheap due to the exposed screws. I agree with Dwayne about the pop ups so I added HIDs the stock housings and added HID driving lights. It was a big improvement over stock.

What's really scary is, that I agree with teh Chad's post...I just can't deal with teh hunchback of Notre Dame bubbles....but they would look better body-colored. Here's teh way I'll go if I ever get around to finishing any of my projects: http://shop.radioflyerinnovations.com/Bi-xenon-Radioflyer-ACA-Projector-Headlights-015.htm

Guest badbobs95

Whats strange is as against these lights as I have always been I bought a set for 123.xx shipped off eBay and started installing them tonight. However I got them so cheap because they were chrome and well... I hate chrome. So BigPaPa (Now BigGrandPaPa) and I took them apart, sanded, cleaned, adhivse sprayed and painted them Semi Gloss Black. Hopefully tomorrow I can install mine too. I however was thinking of cutting off the plastic lens and running them without it because I think it might lower ti enough that the look is one I like more.

We shall see.

Either way I had not seen the Halo model, its different.

I know a guy that has a black C5 and bought the same lights (I think). He painted the tops of the lights black to match the car and it actually looks great. Anyway, whatever trips your trigger is what I always say. My new C5 has more mods than you can count on one hand and I love it. Posted Image The best part is you can always go back to stock or change to something else.

This is true I kept my stockers because I still think no matter how I mod these I am not going to really like them... but for the price I felt it was worth a shot and I have to admit BigGrandPaPa's have great light output. But if I can not get it to look good in my opinion I will just do the HID Fog Light's upgrade and leave the Headlights down or get those Housings that go in their shell.

Well I will admit the light out put is amazing I was going for this look:

Posted Image

However I found an issue... the projector lenses when hit by the sun would start melting the housing without the covers... wonderful. So there goes my idea of running without the covers. I put them on last night but I think I am just going to sell them and buy the housings that fit into the stock pop ups. (I am not baller enough for 1000 Radio Flyers)

spend a few bucks....get em done right

Posted Image

Cross, message me with some better pics of them if you sell. I may take em and experiment

I wonder how they might look in a Carbon fiber or even a wrap to see what it looks like, there is a company here in Phoenix that does the real carbon..... On a side note it would seem to me that if the light itself was moved back in the housing a flat clear cover could be installed unless there are clearance problems below, its hard to believe no one has done it yet.

You can't move the projector back much as the inner fender is there. The Radioflyer Stealth Light Cannons use a smaller sealed projector out of a BMW if I remember right. He then uses the lens cover off the Breathless lights (and the Breathless ones are gawd-awful lookin). And ya, they flush, but I'm not crazy about his shroud design, and they are expensive, and they take forever to get.

This is what they look like...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can't move the projector back much as the inner fender is there. The Radioflyer Stealth Light Cannons use a smaller sealed projector out of a BMW if I remember right. He then uses the lens cover off the Breathless lights (and the Breathless ones are gawd-awful lookin). And ya, they flush, but I'm not crazy about his shroud design, and they are expensive, and they take forever to get.

This is what they look like...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that, I like!!! seems though, that they need a little TLC in the seam department...reveal adjustment

You know sitting here I think the Frog Eye Depo style might look better if the angel was not so aggressive, such as make is more gradual that it is now.

I've always liked this car... Custom fit NSX headlights. As I remember he has like 4 grand into the conversion, so I'm OUT!! But it is sexy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've always liked this car... Custom fit NSX headlights. As I remember he has like 4 grand into the conversion, so I'm OUT!! But it is sexy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one I like...the rest :U

I'll keep my pop-ups too.

You know sitting here I think the Frog Eye Depo style might look better if the angel was not so aggressive, such as make is more gradual that it is now.

aggressive angels...like Charlies angles?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like the painted to match ones better

• 1 month later...

I know this probably wont be all that popular with you guys or c5 guys in general but i think the c5s worst feature is its pop up headlights. I decided to buy some fixed lights to "fix" what i saw as a problem. with just the halos on it looks awesome. the lights could be aimed a little better but i think youll agree the original lights' output was nothing to write home about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Real beauty are these led lights?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Real beauty are these nice led lights?

From where you got these lights