Heart transplant on my C-4

F22trainer

...at least the pic's are right side up today!

Just Great! As soon as I saw this thread, I went and got my gravity boots on... :toetap

:hat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F22trainer

• Shifty

• LastC3

• Cross

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

No need to tune...it has to be right on! Thanks to the guys at LPM...averaged about 19.6 mpg on the drive Friday. Drove it for a bath first, then off to the Good Guys show to see AnM and the shiny hardware parked on the lawn at Westworld... Whoaa...talk about overload! DAYUMmmmm. As of today, I have 400 miles of break in left....but she pulls HARD and smooth with the new motor. I don't dare stick my foot in it yet, but she puts a tingle in the ol' Happy sac! Now, I need to find time to take care of some other things for which I have already got parts for, like the new front spoiler and most of all those C5 seats courtesy of the Man From Garlic Gulch. It figures things at work would get hectic, but let's just say it came with a promotion this time! :3gears:

No need to tune...it has to be right on! Thanks to the guys at LPM...averaged about 19.6 mpg on the drive Friday. Drove it for a bath first, then off to the Good Guys show to see AnM and the shiny hardware parked on the lawn at Westworld...

Whoaa...talk about overload! DAYUMmmmm.

As of today, I have 400 miles of break in left....but she pulls HARD and smooth with the new motor. I don't dare stick my foot in it yet, but she puts a tingle in the ol' Happy sac!

Now, I need to find time to take care of some other things for which I have already got parts for, like the new front spoiler and most of all those C5 seats courtesy of the Man From Garlic Gulch.

It figures things at work would get hectic, but let's just say it came with a promotion this time!

:3gears:

Right on and congrats!!!

Very cool Michael! Congrats on teh "new" ride! :cheers

It does feel like a "new" ride!! And, thanks for the box I received the day after you mailed it! :yourock:

Very cool Michael! Congrats on teh "new" ride! :cheers

It does feel like a "new" ride!! And, thanks for the box I received the day after you mailed it! :yourock:

Look at it this way, you've just increased your "fan" base by 100%... :yeah:

• 1 month later...

Engine has been running great, but have put less than 750 miles on it since I got her back. Yes, I did have the oil changed at 500 miles. I have started on a few NEW projects to go with the heart transplant! Besides the seat install in progress, she'll be going up on jack stands for a bit of front end work... I will also respray the inner fender skirts, polish all of the aluminum suspension parts, and things like the sway bar brackets and some accessory brackets are going to the powdercoaters. Also the new spoiler will get SS fasteners for mounting.

post-216-004816200 1358473866.jpg

post-216-096812900 1358474645.jpg

post-216-081390400 1358474658.jpg

post-216-093317700 1358474669.jpg

post-216-084958800 1358474679.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got out files and sander before sending these out to clean up all the rough edges and casting marks...see if you can guess the wrapped up parts!

post-216-041987200 1360711809.jpg

post-216-005426500 1360711836_thumb.jpg