Pavilions/car show etiquette

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

WTF is it with people. So yesterday I'm at the Pavilions with the DeLorean. I'm standing behind the car and some woman just decides to hop in on the driver's side! I was stunned. She was having a very friendly conversation with the owner of the DeLorean parked next to me, so I thought she (and her male companion) were friends of his, so I decided not to release the verbal ass kicking that ready to fly out of my mouth. Looking back I should have. So after they leave I asked my fellow DeLorean owner what the deal was, and he didn't know them. He thought I must have told her it was okay. Then he was shocked that she just took it upon herself to just get in somebody else's car.

Then later I look over and this other woman who's holding a conversation with another DeLorean owner parked on the other side of me has her fat azz parked firmly against my passenger door! This time I said "Excuse me, but could I ask you to please not lean against my car". She quickly moved away with a sincere "Oh gosh, I'm sorry" like it was an accident!

WTF are people thinking?!?! Let me ask you, what do you think would happen if "Ms. Azz on my door" just happened to, oh let's say come out os a grocery store just to find me casually leaning against her car while having a conversation with someone. Uh huh, she'd have a fit! Or what do you think would happen if the first woman was at the store, and she has her door open to, let's say load groceries or something, and I, a total stranger, happened to walk up and get inside her car uninvited? Yea, that's right, I'd be calling one of you up for bail money.

You'd think because under normal circumstances those actions are rude to very inappropriate that it would occur to people under the circumstances of visiting a car show where there are a lot of expensive and unique cars, NOT to do such things. I mean "HELLO?" Goes without F'n saying, right? Or so you'd think. Again, WTF is wrong with people.

:rant:

Couldn't agree with you more Dan! I think there's a general disregard for others property these days. I was out there one day when I found a woman sitting in a lawn chair behind my car and the chair was rubbing against the rear of my car. This woman was the wife of one of "us". She was sitting there talking to 3 other women and none of them said a word to her. I was as kind as I could be but she knew I was pizzed!

3,503 lbs of trouble
I was out there one day when I found a woman sitting in a lawn chair behind my car and the chair was rubbing against the rear of my car.  This woman was the wife of one of "us".  She was sitting there talking to 3 other women and none of them said a word to her.  I was as kind as I could be but she knew I was pizzed!

Guest Sidewinder

Too bad I was not around, I would gladly tell someone to get the "f" off my car or ANY OF YOUR cars as well. I don't go to car shows to make friends. I go with and for the people I already consider to be friends and if I don't know you, then don't touch my ride. If you do, Ill ask you nicely the first time, the second time, well, ask Mark, he can tell you what happens. (He has had to "bail" me out a few times.)

Sorry to hear the stories though. There have been a few times I have had to ask a few car show peeps to not LEAN against my car though at the pavs. Probably why I stopped going in the first place. The disrespect was pizzing me off as well.

But dang it, I have missed hanging with the pals and I don't mind going if I know I have you all to get my back with these "maroons." And you can count on me to do the same for you.

Tanya

Guest XLR8TNC5
Too bad I was not around, I would gladly tell someone to get the "f" off my car or ANY OF YOUR cars as well. I don't go to car shows to make friends. I go with and for the people I already consider to be friends and if I don't know you, then don't touch my ride. If you do, Ill ask you nicely the first time, the second time, well, ask Mark, he can tell you what happens. (He has had to "bail" me out a few times.)

Sorry to hear the stories though. There have been a few times I have had to ask a few car show peeps to not LEAN against my car though at the pavs. Probably why I stopped going in the first place. The disrespect was pizzing me off as well.

But dang it, I have missed hanging with the pals and I don't mind going if I know I have you all to get my back with these "maroons." And you can count on me to do the same for you.

Tanya

At first I thought Mark had been hanging with you a little too much. He was giving off a little of the Tanya attitude but then I realized it was really you.

Just keep posting, this could get interesting. I for one can tell you apart! :D