Highs and Lows

Bigfoot

Doesn't look like it will happen today. Still sitting here waiting, but no call. Not giving up hope yet, but looks like it will be later. Big thing is that she is on the list and should happen soon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• Marco

She has been taken into surgery...it will be about 6 hours give or take...now is the time for more prayers!!!

Surgery went well and she is doing fine. I still haven't been able to talk to her since, but the docs say it looks very good. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. :angel

That's good to hear Sean, hopefully she is thru the worst of it and its smooth sailing from here.... :thumbs

That's good to hear Sean, hopefully she is thru the worst of it and its smooth sailing from here.... :thumbs

No smooth sailing. According to the docs, a liver is the hardest, most dangerous transplant there is...even over a heart.

Recovery time is expected at 1 year with lots of pain and struggling to regain strength.

We're here to help/push along that recovery though.

She should be in the ICU for about 2 days and another 3-4 in a regular room. After that home and lots of physical therapy. She'll actually start the PT in the hospital before she goes home though.

I thought about a putting a politcal plug in here about insurance, but I won't. :lol

That's good news and thanks for not putting in a political view about insurance. Did I mention that it would have been free here? :facepalm::edward:

That's good news and thanks for not putting in a political view about insurance. Did I mention that it would have been free here? :facepalm::edward:

Actually, with her insurance, the transplant was 100% covered.

That was one big step to get over a major bump in the road of life. Glad to hear the Dr report was so positive. :thumbs

I'm at the hospital now. Man she is booked up to a whole bunch of stuff!!! Still on the respirator. She's still having a little trouble coming completely out of the anesthesia. They're going to try again before too long, but they still stay she's doing really good. All her labs are good etc.

:yesnod:yesnod Looking Good Sean............still praying for her.

I second that. Glad to hear she is doing well. Prayers for everyone.

We're pulling for your Mom, Sean. We know the long, hard road you folks have to travel now, but at least your Mom's on the road to recovery now. Dave

I'm at the hospital now. Man she is booked up to a whole bunch of stuff!!! Still on the respirator. She's still having a little trouble coming completely out of the anesthesia. They're going to try again before too long, but they still stay she's doing really good. All her labs are good etc.

Don't get too freaked if it takes here a while to get off the respirator, they'll want to make sure she's getting plenty of oxygen, does a body good

Man, Sean. I'm sorry but somehow I missed this thread. I'm glad to hear she's doing well now though. Stay strong for her.

All is good Dave. Funny you say to be strong for her...we will actually have to start pushing her soon. She has to start moving and building strength. We're going to have to make her "exercise" and become more active, no matter how much she wants to sit and rest. If she doesn't get moving, all will be for naught. We have to make her strong.