Problems with Dual Mode Exhaust

HarleyPat

Anyone else have an issue with their dual mode exhaust? Every once in awhile it will stick in an open position when I'm just in normal traffic. Any ideas...thanks in advance. :3gears:

I have the M2W switch and I leave mine open all the time. Sounds way better than when restricted IMO.

One of my remotes went bad and it would not work occasionally, then quit working all together.

Ive seen some aftermarket valves stick but never the factory ones. Have you tried reaching under there when the car is running and manually moving the valves? (without inhaling the exhaust or burning yourself of course)

Ive seen some aftermarket valves stick but never the factory ones. Have you tried reaching under there when the car is running and manually moving the valves? (without inhaling the exhaust or burning yourself of course)

If I knew where to look I would try that. When I turn the car off and restart it the valve is closed. As far as I know it is OEM. :banghead

Dude I didnt know you stepped on it hard enough to open them....

Tell that to the CHP that got me just before Blyth ! :eddie2:

Is that OEM NPP or a Z06 conversion? When it sticks, does it unstick itself if you quickly let off the gas from a higher RPM? When it's stuck and still running, have you looked into (or felt exhaust from) the tips on both mufflers to verify both sides equally have the problem? If it's OEM, does it open at 3500+ RPM WOT? And usually close under that speed?

Is that OEM NPP or a Z06 conversion?

When it sticks, does it unstick itself if you quickly let off the gas from a higher RPM?

When it's stuck and still running, have you looked into (or felt exhaust from) the tips on both mufflers to verify both sides equally have the problem?

If it's OEM, does it open at 3500+ RPM WOT? And usually close under that speed?

It's OEM NPP...I've tried pushing the throttle and then backing off but no luck...seems the only way I can close them is if I stop and then restart the car. Not sure what RPM it starts at...I'll pay closer attention....normally it works fine...doesn't happen all the time :banghead

First swap out the fuse. If that doesn't work, then try a battery disconnect to reset the computer. The stock NPP is set to open the flaps at 3500 RPM and should close below that value.

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, I just purchased a 07 and it came with--Npp in a box with start option. Is this a good thing? I'v had 6 vettes and never ran across this. Exhaust seemed a little loud but my c-5 had dyna-flows so not a lot of difference. Help explain this to me. I would prefer exhaust to be softer sounding till I step on it! THX Dr. Vette

joe@cpr.com

Feel free to swing it by sir and I'll explain it to you :) can't wait to see it. Your c5 was immaculate!