1978 Vette Hot Rod project

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Whooo Hoooo it drives great lots of power and never gets over 180. Your going to have some fun Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

Its finished waiting to be picked up Posted Image Its a blast to drive now 435h.p and tq is fun in a vette Posted Image Next week he will be calling me for new rear tires lol.

So I have a question, why mount the coil there would it not get hotter than if it was off the motor like on the firewall? Just curious, looks very nice as always Doug.

Bromley's Corvettes

I don't usually mount a coil on the intake but the customer already had that round style coil and the intake has bolt holes to mount it. It does not seam to make any difference on performance or how long the coil lasts. The intake never gets over 180 so not a problem. If I was doing a new IGN install I would mount a small square style coil in the wiper cowl. Thanks customer is very happy like a kid at X-mas lol.

Doug is right about being,"happier than a kid at Christmas". Hell, I am happier than dog penned with a pack of bitches in heat. This car rocks. It is everything Doug and I discussed and more. Night and day difference and it is now the Corvette it should have been before the EPA neutered it back in 1978. Doug has gone above and beyond the call of duty on every level. Great communication, real attention to detail, solid suggestions without ever any up sell and I feel very fortunate to have a guy with this level of knowledge and experience working on my C3. This forum has helped me with lots of shared experience and getting introduced to Doug Bromley has been without a doubt the best thing for myself and my C3. I am now really looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future with a car I am proud and pleased to drive. THANK-YOU Doug for a job well done! Much Respect, Chris

Looks good, Doug!

Thanks your next lol. Posted Image

Sounds good....I'm signed up for Prescott Vette show, have a room booked...Looking forward to way fun weekend...Hope my "issues" are resolved by then !

Bromley's Corvettes

Doug is right about being,"happier than a kid at Christmas". Hell, I am happier than dog penned with a pack of bitches in heat. This car rocks. It is everything Doug and I discussed and more. Night and day difference and it is now the Corvette it should have been before the EPA neutered it back in 1978. Doug has gone above and beyond the call of duty on every level. Great communication, real attention to detail, solid suggestions without ever any up sell and I feel very fortunate to have a guy with this level of knowledge and experience working on my C3. This forum has helped me with lots of shared experience and getting introduced to Doug Bromley has been without a doubt the best thing for myself and my C3. I am now really looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future with a car I am proud and pleased to drive.

THANK-YOU Doug for a job well done!

Much Respect,

Chris

Your welcome Chris have fun with your new and improved vette Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

Looks good, Doug!

Thanks your next lol. Posted Image

Sounds good....I'm signed up for Prescott Vette show, have a room booked...Looking forward to way fun weekend...Hope my "issues" are resolved by then !

You can bring it in on monday morning. I talked to Huges in phx if Bow Tie does not want to fix the leak I will just have it done hear in town. I wont be buying anymore trannys from Bow Tie they don't seem to really care that one of there new trannys leaked from day one and I have to keep R&R there unit. They sent me a T-shirt for all my time and trouble lol. A white t-shirt I cant even were because I am always working on cars lol. The freight back and fourth to CA will be a lot more the having it fixed in town. When I pull it out again I will call them and see what they want to do. Hang in there it will get fixed with or with Bow Ties help. At least the tranny shifts great and no other problems just need to stop it from leaking.Posted Image

"happier than a kid at Christmas"

Bet you slept in it last night, din't ya...... :yesnod

"happier than a kid at Christmas"

Bet you slept in it last night, din't ya...... :yesnod

What sleep, lol.

Went out for a romp through New River early this AM. She is breaking in nicely and the temp never got above 170!

Trying to take it easy on tires and drive train or I'll be replacing this original TH350. It is a challenge not to bust loose with all this power you put into my car, LOL. Thanks again Doug, Chris

Bromley's Corvettes

Trying to take it easy on tires and drive train or I'll be replacing this original TH350. It is a challenge not to bust loose with all this power you put into my car, LOL.

Thanks again Doug,

Chris

LOL I see a tranny up grade in your future Posted Image

Well, a 700R4 would really make it rock!! So happy with the one Doug put in my car !!

I would love that and need to budget for it for sure. I am loving this built up motor!

Chris

Bromley's Corvettes

Well, a 700R4 would really make it rock!! So happy with the one Doug put in my car !!

Happy to hear its working great and not leaking Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

I would love that and need to budget for it for sure. I am loving this built up motor!

Chris

If you think its fun to drive now wait tell you have a 700R4 with a 306 first gear lol. Posted Image Glad to hear your enjoying the new power and having fun with it. Have you checked your header bolts?

Bromley's Corvettes

Nice project!!! Doug worked on my 1978 6 month ago... Nothing but the best from Doug!

I see a 435h.p combo in your future Posted Image

Doug did similar work on my '65. You will be really happy. My engine is now a year old and running perfect. A recent observation by the guys at classic who did my paint was, this was the best running carbureted car they have seen.

I ended up having Doug put in a TKO 500 with a 3:55 rear. Couldn't be happier. (Especially since I now have it under a fresh Stinger!)

Chris

If you think its fun to drive now wait tell you have a 700R4 with a 306 first gear lol. Posted Image Glad to hear your enjoying the new power and having fun with it. Have you checked your header bolts?

Yes, all the fasteners are staying in place so far, don't ask me how, lol. This car ROCKS!

Chris