1978 Vette Hot Rod project

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

New project in the shop a 78 with only 19,500 miles. Doing Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and cam and intake. Quick fuel carb and K&N air cleaner. Car already has headers and side pipes and MSD. IGN. Fun project to more then double the power and really wake up a C-3. Car also has alum rad and a 2500 stall converter and some susp upgrades so great car to have some fun with Posted Image

LOL well its soon to be new and improved Posted Image

...and I've always heard that it is not possible to be both NEW and IMPROVED!

I always thought the 78 pace car paint scheme was cool, really shows off the C3 lines! Making it faster is cool too!

Bromley's Corvettes

The car was back east but only has surface rust. Its a pretty clean solid car just needs some love Posted Image

Does the hood close with that aircleaner? And next upgrade needed in AZ.... DeWitts radaitor!!!

Bromley's Corvettes

It gets super close like only a 1/8 inch I use silly puddy to test the fit and close hood real easy by hand first few times. They say it wont fit. Even on Edelbrock site says wont fit. I been doing it for years and have lots of C-3s driving around with the performer rpm air gap and 14X3 air cleaner. It has to be the right drop base air cleaner most wont work. Customer already has a nice alum rad and we are doing high flow elec fans so he will be all set.

One of our early members here had a 78 Pace car that had a wicked motor in it. I tried setting up a initial tune on it but the stall was too low. I lost touch with the guy ....Wonder if he still has the car

One of our early members here had a 78 Pace car that had a wicked motor in it.

I tried setting up a initial tune on it but the stall was too low.

I lost touch with the guy ....Wonder if he still has the car

There is another one of these up here in Desert Hills. That is the only one I have run into yet.

Chris

Bromley's Corvettes

Up date on hot rod 78 vette. Getting close to running it and braking in new cam.

Doug, Looks great....what do you do for break in with that cam? Any need for me to do zinc additives in the future with this new cam? I'll call you tomorrow to check on a timeline. Chris

Bromley's Corvettes

Doug,

Looks great....what do you do for break in with that cam? Any need for me to do zinc additives in the future with this new cam?

I'll call you tomorrow to check on a timeline.

Chris

I use diesel 30wt for brake in. I drain it right after brake in to make shore there's noting bad in the oil then switch to synthetic. Your rings have been seated a long time ago so really only needed to brake in cam and lifters. It runs great it started right up first try. Timing was real close and it never got over 180 even running it at 2500 R.P.M for 25 mins. It sounds a little different then when you dropped it off lol. I think your going to like it. Posted Image

I am so psyched to drive this new improved shark, Doug. Deeply appreciate the great attention to detail, suggestions and above all - communication. See you soon. Chris