'89 Vert for sale

HarleyPat

My friend Carol in L.A, has a high milage 89 for sale Red / Black / Black 197K miles but she says they are 'Girl Miles' :smilelol (don't hate me Donna those are her words not mine...I've seen you drive remember :eddie2: ) Anyway here are some pics. What do you ACEholes think it's worth and anyone here interested?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:cool

Guest badbobs95

Depending on what needs to be done and what has already been done, with 197K on the clock she might get $5K for the car. Sucky economy and all. That's about the best she can hope for. Posted Image

She mentioned she would take 5K for it...I'm almost tempted to buy it and make it a project car ... I know I'm :crazy

Before reading the comments I thought 5 grand... After reading the responses, I'd say we are in agreement...

She knows the high mileage is going to cost her. Any thoughts on whether this would make a good project car for that price? I tried KBB but they will only let me go back to 1992 :facepalm:

If you know the person very well and have seen the Vette in the past, I would say you would be o.k. buying it. If it was some unknown vehicle, I would pass due to the high mileage. That is just me though.

She knows the high mileage is going to cost her. Any thoughts on whether this would make a good project car for that price?

I tried KBB but they will only let me go back to 1992 :facepalm:

It's a known fact that you can swap an LS3 into it, if you feel like more power. :yesnod I just don't think the hydraulics to make it a lowrider are gonna be real easy.

She knows the high mileage is going to cost her. Any thoughts on whether this would make a good project car for that price?

I tried KBB but they will only let me go back to 1992 :facepalm:

It's a known fact that you can swap an LS3 into it, if you feel like more power. :yesnod I just don't think the hydraulics to make it a lowrider are gonna be real easy.

Come on now, who would be crazy enough to put an LS3 in a C4? :facepalm:

Guest badbobs95

Pat, at this point, the only thing the car is good for is a build for auto-crossing or the strip. It will never have any decent resale value. Remember the polo 91 project I started and finished? It really was beautiful when done and only got $6500 for it. About 2K less than I had into it and I did all the work! Personally, I would pass unless you want to strip it and get into auto-crossing. C4s do handle very well if you give it some HP. Posted ImagePosted Image

If I had a bigger garage I might think more seriously about it but since the 2 cars and the bike take up all the space I have I will pass. Just wanted to help her out with any info you guys might be willing to share. I will pass on the info to Carol. And yes Dawg I have a friend....ok so maybe the only friend but a friend none the less! :yesnod Hope to see you all again next time I'm in town. :yourock: Back to work for me.

I am curious about it any more pictures?

Also I have 2 questions:

Posted Image

1) What is this?

2) Is this a Clutch Master so I can assume this is a manual?

Elliot, why don't you come to my place and I'll just kick you in the balls, and save you the 5 grand. Glutton for punishment....

Not being very mechanical I can't tell you what 'This' is however it is a 6 speed manual trans. :yesnod I'll ask her if she has any more pics.