Soooo veterans....

Guest Sidewinder

We have the opportunity to fix this in Nov. or deal with it until we die. Oh crap, with the death panels for the elderly, I better get started on my will now.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Buccaneer

• Ted Y

• oldmxdog61u

Is the cost going to go up and you receive less, you can count on it. But that is not the only thing you are going to get. You will be paying a 3% tax on the sales price of your real estate sale and 1% tax on every bank transaction you do. So automatically you just took a 1% cut in your pay, just to have your paycheck deposited in your bank account. There will then be a 1% tax everytime you make a bank transaction, write a check or pay a bill. These are just two of the new "TAXES" you will be making that are hidden in the medical bill that got rammed up your you know what. My only other comment: If I remenber my history correct we fought a war once before in 1776 that dealt with "tax without respresentation". If seems to me that is just what happened to us again, does that mean we are going to have another revolutionary war?

OK folks. Some were for reopening this thread and others were against it. I think there is a real potential for discussion that is factual and informative. The topic on this thread is Veterans health benefits. We WILL stick to this topic. For the purpose of this discussion, any off topic posts, attempts at humor, hijacking, overly political opinions about which politicians are good or bad, and personal attacks will be immediately removed. I don't want ACE to be an angry place. I'm all about peace and harmony. I think this is a place for friends who enjoy cars. It is also a place to share information. Offensive remarks, attacks, political, religious topics and comments have no place on this board. There are other forums on the Internet for that stuff. I have faith the members of ACE can do this and behave. If any of you can't, I and my angry staff of trolls will lock you and your account down faster than Oli can hit 7000 RPM on a straightaway. If you don't think you can handle this, stay out of this topic. Send me a PM if you want. I also will not prevent any non-veterans from participating. Everyone will be held to the same standard here. Your sledgehammer, Ted Yoder

Is the cost going to go up and you receive less, you can count on it.

Agreed, both for vets and the general public.

You will be paying a 3% tax on the sales price of your real estate sale

Through my rudimentary research this is false to an extent. This will not affect roughly 98% of the population. It applies a 3.xx% sales tax rate if you profit $250,000 or more single and $500,000 or more as a couple (don't hold these to exact numbers). Most people will never see this.

1% tax on every bank transaction you do.

This is 100% false. This was a separate bill done prior to the whole health care bill being introduced by current administration. It was sort of re-introduced but not attached to the health care bill and has had little to no support on either side.

Sorry I have no input on this, I have not read the bill. Neither has our representitives. Just saying...

Here's my opinion... health insurance should be a more affordable option for people who want it, and shouldn't be required for people who don't want it. I for one am one of those people that likes having insurance just in case, and yes I have used it and it saved me a ton of money. Just because you're in relatively good health doesn't mean it can and will last forever or that accidents don't happen. But, if you choose not to have insurance that's your choice, not mine and it should be Obama's either. It should be an option to people who can afford it, and maybe some sort of help for those who can't for some government program or something (wait, don't those already exist?). I know my opinion may not make a lot of sense but it's all about choices and the individual making them, IMO

I know you meant well, but this is about Veterans health benefits and not the general populace.

It really is hard to say what will happen but I belive that Tri Care may, and I do say may, get more jammed up. I've heard a few vets say that they will go to Tri Care if their present Employer based health care costs raise too much. Again, how much will it go up on both sides is yet to be seen. I at this time have elected only Tri Care Prime and did not elect employer based health care, for which SWA pays me about $50 a month to not take. The total cost of this whole issue will take time to figure out, and hopefully won't hurt or at least not real bad! I'm being sarcasticlly optomistic!

I wrote something here, and the *&^%$# forum ate it when I went to post it. "The webpage cannot be displayed." :banghead I'll try again letter when I get over being mad.

Well ok .. Back in 1990 the Government seized the Mustang Ranch in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now these same types who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling whiskey near Las Vegas are running health care, among other things. I expect it will be a disaster, as usual. -just sayin -Frank aka GE

Guest Sidewinder

Now some states are sueing. If the state rejects it, vets will probably be forced to still play ball. Hurry up and wait.

I know you meant well, but this is about Veterans health benefits and not the general populace.

Disregard me, as I didn't read this very clearly.... :banghead

My amended statement.

Veterans should have whatever healthcare they require with minimal to no out of pocket expenses. It's the least we can do for them.

Guest Sidewinder

I am going to keep checking the VA website for info. I will post the link when they post info.

Marana Rich

Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Law, TRICARE Protected

NAUS Weekly Update – 06/29/12

Thursday’s Supreme Court decision upheld the Individual Mandate portion of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, including a provision that requires people without minimal healthcare insurance coverage to buy private insurance or face a tax of up to $750.

To address rumors and potential confusion, TRICARE beneficiaries will not be fined or required to purchase additional coverage to meet the minimum essential coverage provisions of the healthcare law.

The healthcare law, upheld by the Supreme Court, provides a specific exemption for TRICARE beneficiaries from the requirement to buy private insurance or pay a $750 tax for failure to add coverage.

Because the original healthcare legislation did not exempt TRICARE beneficiaries, NAUSworked successfully with House Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton and Senate Personnel Subcommittee Chairman Jim Webb on a separate, follow-on bill that says TRICARE meets essential standards.

The NAUS endorsed Skelton-Webb measure amended the original healthcare bill and was called the TRICARE Affirmation Act. It was signed by the President in April 2010 to protect people in the military healthcare program from being penalized for not having private insurance

Nothing in above to stop them from doubling, tripling, quadrupling enrollment fees.

Good info Rich. Where do you find this kind of information so I can try to keep myself updated?

Nice find Rich! I'm willing to bet though that our premiums or some other fee goes up. I can't believe we're not going to take a hit.

Guest Sidewinder

Thanks Rich! This was the intention of the thread to begin with. It' s been a real eye opener.

I am all for: giving the many lower-income and previously uninsurable persons access to health-care coverage that simply didn't exist before, This is America after all, every American should have access to health care coverage and it’s about time they did something about the Fee-for-service paradigm and insurance abuses. And for the hospitals, it was meant to give individual accountability for their own coverage. I welcome this change. I dont have a problem taxing the wealthy. http://factcheck.org/2010/04/a-38-percent-sales-tax-on-your-home/

Guest Sidewinder

Chip please see the title of the thread. I doesn't say veterans only but is refering to veterans healthcare.

Chip please see the title of the thread.

I doesn't say veterans only but is refering to veterans healthcare.

Yes, I am a veteran, and is my opinion on the subject. I also wanted to clarify Seans post on the real estate tax with an informational link.

Well this was another great program for all of the Illegal Mexican's coming to this country. All we do is hand these criminals more and more reason's to come shit all over our country. So now the normal Joe who works hard is screwed again. Hopefully Obama will not be reelected and this program can get squashed by the next administration.

I am all for: giving the many lower-income and previously uninsurable persons access to health-care coverage that simply didn't exist before, This is America after all, every American should have access to health care coverage and it’s about time they did something about the Fee-for-service paradigm and insurance abuses. And for the hospitals, it was meant to give individual accountability for their own coverage. I welcome this change.

I dont have a problem taxing the wealthy.

http://factcheck.org/2010/04/a-38-percent-sales-tax-on-your-home/

That's right! This is America and you deserve money that others work hard for!

Guest Sidewinder

Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Law, TRICARE Protected

NAUS Weekly Update – 06/29/12

Thursday’s Supreme Court decision upheld the Individual Mandate portion of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, including a provision that requires people without minimal healthcare insurance coverage to buy private insurance or face a tax of up to $750.

To address rumors and potential confusion, TRICARE beneficiaries will not be fined or required to purchase additional coverage to meet the minimum essential coverage provisions of the healthcare law.

The healthcare law, upheld by the Supreme Court, provides a specific exemption for TRICARE beneficiaries from the requirement to buy private insurance or pay a $750 tax for failure to add coverage.

Because the original healthcare legislation did not exempt TRICARE beneficiaries, NAUSworked successfully with House Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton and Senate Personnel Subcommittee Chairman Jim Webb on a separate, follow-on bill that says TRICARE meets essential standards.

The NAUS endorsed Skelton-Webb measure amended the original healthcare bill and was called the TRICARE Affirmation Act. It was signed by the President in April 2010 to protect people in the military healthcare program from being penalized for not having private insurance

Nothing in above to stop them from doubling, tripling, quadrupling enrollment fees.

While I do share some of the opinions of others on the thread, I believe Rich hooked us up with the required info.

Let's Gordon Ramsey this bitch.

IBTL