Soooo veterans....

Guest Sidewinder

Guest Sidewinder

What do you think is gunna happen to our health care benefits? Or are most of you here on Medicare :smilelol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Buccaneer

• Ted Y

• oldmxdog61u

I was talking to a truck driver who delivers to where I work. Through his work his medical is $12,000 per year for him and his wife. He declined coverage and is fined $750/year for that. His wife just had eye surgery and the hospital discounted the surgery 50% and let him make payments interest free. Plus free presciptions. If he would have had insurance, it would have cost him $2500 deductible plus 20% copay. He actually came out cheaper since the surgery was only $3000 after the discount.

I don't think much is going to happen. Everything I saw was for the "uninsured." Only time will tell.

Don't get me started!! All I'm going to say is that the quality of health care will drop dramatically for all.

My wife says the costs to the hospitals to comply with these laws mean more patients per doctor and nurse. There will be impacts to the level of care you receive. More charity cases for the hospitals to pay for.

"They have the right to go on hunger strike. It will be good for their health,"

I go to the VA Hospital here in town when I need to .. parkin is a challenge, ..my Doctor likes to do stream of conscience blabber so I have to speak clearly and direct the conversation to get her to notice what I am there for, .. nice lady but I am not into the 'this may sting a little' BS for a fact :) Was told awhile ago that Nurse's make the worst patients. I try to live up to that .. LOL. -Frank aka GE

Saw the news this morning just before I went to a job interview. WOW! Was I shocked...kind of on the outcome of the court decision. :facepalm: Not sure how it will directly effect me/us yet, but I'm sure it's going to get ugly no matter what. Nice way to get it passed though, don't call it a tax and have it pass and and have it called a tax. :banghead

I don't think much is going to happen. Everything I saw was for the "uninsured."

Only time will tell.

Instead of paying obscene costs for private insurance you could just drop that coverage, take the federal $750/year fine(if you have a job that offers health care), and just put that money in the bank you would normally be paying for insurance.

My cardiologist may retire early. He doesn't want to become a government employee by being told when and how he has to work and what he can charge. I'm glad I saw him yesterday, instead of today.

. Nice way to get it passed though, don't call it a tax and have it pass and and have it called a tax. :banghead

Appears the court did it right ..... the question was .. is it constitional /??? because their perception is that of a tax ... then they're correct .... to Tom's point ....

thus putting it back into the hands of the public (us) .... November is coming ....... #justsayin Posted Image

It would be nice if someone could actually print or say how this will really work. They say that those that have insurance already will not be affected, but those that chose not to will now have to become insured. Based on the court's statements about there will be no criminal, civil or penalties for refusal to buy/pay, then how is it mandatory? The whole thing has me so confused, I don't know what to think.

oldmxdog61u

So, we couldn't afford the health care system we had, but now having the government in the middle will give us affordable healthcare? Broughgt to you by the same folks who gave us the us post office, the DMV, medicare, the IRS, and oh, say "fast and furious"? What a cluster.

It is not only the penaltys that will get you, it is also some of the other items in the bill effecting your homes and the taking of funds from medicare and cutting the amounts doctors will receive and the number of patients they will be required to see, and the panel to approve your needs when you are over a certain age for a procedure. Now it will be cheaper for the employer to drop his insurance and just pay the penalty, Also if you make over a certain amount your penalty will go to $1,095 per year collected by the IRS. Good Luck to our children......... Old guys like me will be gone before the true costs are known....... If you have grand children please go and tell them you are sorry for what we have done to them...

It would be nice if someone could actually print or say how this will really work.

They say that those that have insurance already will not be affected, but those that chose not to will now have to become insured. Based on the court's statements about there will be no criminal, civil or penalties for refusal to buy/pay, then how is it mandatory?

The whole thing has me so confused, I don't know what to think.

Just know that with the government involved you be paying much more for much less!

You may not have to buy the gov plan but eventually enough people will opt out of private plans that the price will skyrocket and you'll be forced into the gov plan.

Marana Rich

I wrote a lengthy response, but it probably was too political. TriCare costs will increase dramatically. For those over 65 and in medicare part b, I think those costs will go up. Also, presently no payment for tricare when paying in part b, I expect that will change also. If you don't pay part b, you lost tricare eligibility.

oldmxdog61u

Anybody remember "you have to pass it to read it?" Or my favorite "I am here from the government to help you?" Ha.

Well, I made it all the way through the thread due to the Veterans tag. Then I realized how much I enjoy my boycott of the news. Ever since becoming a member of law enforcement, I have stopped watching due to the straight up inaccuracies fed to the American public. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying this in a political sense. I am simply saying that I have enough to stress about without having to worry about every little "newsworthy" thing that a given network wants to put their spin on. I have also enjoyed NOT cementing myself into a stance based on half-informed nits reading off a teleprompter that was written in the first place by agenda driven networks. (Oh god, I DO sound like wack-o). The way I see it is this: agree or disagree if you like, but at this point we have a bunch of rumors and will just have to wait and see how it turns out. Also, when it does turn out, would someone let me know. No news keeps me in the dark a bit on current events :hunter

TriCare costs will increase dramatically.

Agreed and Oli says not to ask him or get him started, but he will hit it on the head for ya!!!

Thanks for the little chit chat Oli and Marlene, I believe yins to be right on.

Well, I made it all the way through the thread due to the Veterans tag. Then I realized how much I enjoy my boycott of the news. .... when it does turn out, would someone let me know. No news keeps me in the dark a bit on current events :hunter

you and I are in the same boat.

I haven't watched current news for over 3 years.

too much in my immediate life to be worried about the 1/2 truth that is fed in 10 seconds sound bytes.

Looking forward to meeting you at an event some day bud.

cheers

chad

oldmxdog61u

Well, you have skin in this game for sure. Haven't watched the talking heads either for years. More of a reader myself.

Guest Sidewinder

I put the veteran tag on the post so it wouldn't spin off into some obscure thread, since that never happens here haha. I guess what I meant was do you (vets) think we vets stand to lose what we have and be forced into a plan of suffer the "tax" or keep what we have and pay a premium etc. I could care less about some half truth newscast or some babbling idiot on the radio too. Rich, that's what I was askin :thumbs

I wrote a lengthy response, but it probably was too political.

TriCare costs will increase dramatically. For those over 65 and in medicare part b, I think those costs will go up. Also, presently no payment for tricare when paying in part b, I expect that will change also. If you don't pay part b, you lost tricare eligibility.

Oh Shit Rich! Don't get me started about "NoCare"...sorry, I mean TriCare. I've been battling them for a while now over some medical bills that they want me to eat when they are clearly wrong and even admitted it. :facepalm: It has now been over two months just to get an MRI done...OMG!! :banghead I know we (vets) will probably take it in the ass with the new ObamaTAX and TriCare, it's just a matter of how much?

Here's a good one fer ya. Out of nowhere my wife gets a letter from TriCare saying that she no longer can see our primary doctor here in Gilbert that we've been seeing almost since we've lived here to a doctor at Luke AFB. Oh shit, that went over like a turd in a bunch bowl with the wife. Had to make many calls to TriCare to straighten that one out. :facepalm: I think Oli was/is SPOT ON! :thumbs