1981 Corvette 700R4 swap

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Doing a 700R4 swap into a nice clean 81 vette. Stock they have a TH350 so no over drive. The built 700R4 has a 70% over drive and a 2200 stall with lock up and nice low first gear a 3.06 so they are great for performance and MPG and over all fun to drive. More pix coming as the install goes.

Oh Yeah ... he's gonna love that swap ..... way more fun to drive .....:partydance: looks like some exhaust work mite be necessary as well ...... I've got a slightly used cat back if ya need it ....... Good job man !!!

Bromley's Corvettes

I hear you his exhaust is a joke Billy Bob has been busy lol. The piece of garden hose is funny lol. The welds well all I can say is the guy must not of had a welding helmet lol.

Guest badbobs95

Oh Doug, that's a piece-a-cake. I could do that in my sleep. Of course I would be dreaming since I couldn't even try it awake! :smilelol:smilelol

The body & paint look to be in good shape. He will definitely have fun with that upgrade.

The fancy plumbing is NOT my fault....(guess it's my fault that it's still there...)anyway...very excited about this swap! :facepalm:

Bromley's Corvettes

Wowza. That collector-bobulation is a new candidate for http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/ :facepalm:

Good lookin' shark! She's in good hands now. Git 'er done Doug. :partydance:

When I saw the piece of garden hose I was like Posted Image I mean that's the best you could come up with lol. Makes me look real hard at the rest of the car to see what else Billy Bob has done. The car is real clean nice paint and interior and wheels and under the hood looks clean. Front susp was missing a few cotter pins but no big deal the worst that could happen is something could fall off while driving lol. No shock to me I have worked on lots of cars over the years that looked great from the top and put it on the lift and its like its not the same car lol. Like the top does not match the bottom. At least in this case the car is in good shape just needs some love. Posted Image

Posted Image Great looking C3 !! Like most of us, without lift access, the underside usually is not a big priority ..... But am certain with the work you're doing and what Alan sees under there ... things will change .....

not to Posted Image ... but he gets hooked up with Corvette Performance, he can get some personal lift time to do some real detail work ...... #justanidea Posted Image

LINKY

Final Effort

Wowza. That collector-bobulation is a new candidate for http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/ :facepalm:

Good lookin' shark! She's in good hands now. Git 'er done Doug. :partydance:

When I saw the piece of garden hose I was like Posted Image .

Like the top does not match the bottom. Posted Image

In life you will find that many times the TOP doesn't match the BOTTOM LOL :lol

Bromley's Corvettes

700R4 is in. New flex plate and sealed up the rear main and new TQ converter and drive shaft. Also added a deep cast alum pan holds 2.5 extra qts and has a mag drain plug. Next need to mod the shifter and hook up T.V cable and brackets and s.s flex dip stick and wiring harness for lock up converter and presser gauge. Also going to replace the motor mounts they are all dried out. Getting there more pix coming soon.