Total Recall (2012)

ChadC

yea they rebooted this one.

..damm

Posted Image

Posted Image

local movie blog says

Small correction. As I understand it, this is NOT supposed to be a remake of the Arnold movie, but rather be a movie based on the original novel the Schwarzenegger movie was based on, Phillip K. Dick's "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale". The distinction is important because the old Total recall (the Schwarzenegger movie), was only loosely based on the original novel and was quite different from it. This is supposed to be true to the original story, which is more action packed and intrigue filled and less fantastic.

..ill wait till Blue Ray for this one.

anmracing2

If it is sooooo much closer to the actual story why not just call it the orig name of the book? Better yet, how about something different all together so ppl don't get confused and wonder why they aren't watching a remake of an old movie? Now that I think about it, I liked the old movie, it was fun, action packed and "fantastic"..... Now we'll get to see it with lots and lots and lots of CG. The way it was meant to be seen.... What's the big deal about making a movie close to what the book is like anyways???? I for one am not a book worm so I'm not going to rush out and get the book, wait, I mean I'm not going to download the book on my kindle (I don't really have a Kindle, I'm just making a funny) and read it, then pick apart the movie. I'm enough of a scifi nerd that I knew the name of the book even back then but even way back then I didn't have any interest in reading the book. I think back then we had actual book too. Man, I must be old.... I wouldn't mind seeing it on the big screen but if we don't, it's definately going on the Blue Ray netflix list.......

Now that I think about it, I liked the old movie, it was fun, action packed and "fantastic".....

Man, I must be old....

They'll never surpass the cinematic excellence of the nose-bug extractor scene.

Posted Image

And, yes....you are.

• 2 months later...

Ok, IMHO this movie was great. Great cast, great premise, great call backs (3 breasted hooker). If you go to this expecting or hoping to see a remake of Curious George gets Mars an atmosphere you will be let down. Instead, go with the mindset of "Harold and Kumar go to best buy and find out one of them is a super-badass who gets to be with BOTH Jessica Biel AND the girl from Underworld". Ok, not really but Harold IS in the movie for a bit. To be honest, both of these movies follow the same THEME without the latest iteration simply throwing some modern tech at it and once again NOT explaining why the handprint had to have the last two fingers pushed together. COMMON, WAS IT SUPPOSED TO BE MARTIAN OR WHAT? DID THE GUY WHO WROTE THAT ENDING GO ON TO WRITE LOST? In conclusion, Excelent movie with fantastic action, beautiful supporting cast, and a main character that will truly have you asking: Why can he speak flawless english in a movie but has an irish accent so thick in interviews I am amazed noone is after his ceral. Yup, ended on a lucky charms joke. BOOM :yesnod edited for spelling