For the active and vet's amongst us, which branch of the military ?

FNBADAZ06

For those who've served, which branch of the military did you/do you serve with ?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chanute AFB, Chicago, IL.

FYI, Chanute was in Rantoul, IL, a far cry from Chicago. Close to Champaigne, IL, but not close geographically or culturally to Chicago. I wish it was as my time there would have been much more fun.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Extender32

• P51tj

• Bigfoot

Regular Army, 98G, Ft. Wood, S2 DLIFLC-Monterrey CA, MIS-Fort Huachuca, Airborne-Fort Benning, VIL-Somewhere (I can't tell you where) in Korea

FYI, Chanute was in Rantoul, IL, a far cry from Chicago. Close to Champaigne, IL, but not close geographically or culturally to Chicago. I wish it was as my time there would have been much more fun.

Oops - you're correct...breifly at O'hare, then to Chanute in Rantoul.

I'll swap your Chanute and you can have my Minot.

• 2 weeks later...
F22trainer

Why not - Minot! You would be the second person I have met who did time in Minot...the first was one of my HS military bud's who always joked about how he would never even think of going there...

Extender32

Why not - Minot! You would be the second person I have met who did time in Minot...the first was one of my HS military bud's who always joked about how he would never even think of going there...

Minot wasn't all that bad as long as you don't mind -100 below with the wind chill.

USMC Jul '01 to Jul '06 as an AV8B Harrier powerline mechanic. Joined from here in Phoenix to see the world and got to see everything from Yuma to Second Yuma (Bagram Afghanistan). Kind of sad year as they are decommissioning my squadron, VMA-513, to make room for the f-35's. Farewell Nightmares

Posted Image