For the active and vet's amongst us, which branch of the military ?

FNBADAZ06

For those who've served, which branch of the military did you/do you serve with ?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Extender32

• P51tj

• Bigfoot

OK, 2 Years active duty Army, 19 years Air National Guard. How do I vote that ???

Shazzam !!!!!!!!

I'll change the poll rule so that you can make more than one selection :thumbs

Don't want to cheat you out of 2......or 19....years, depending on how you look at it :smilelol

edit: The poll will now allow multiple selections, Big Tom !!!! :usa:

Guest Mikey

To avoid the draft and end up in the Viet Nam jungle, I enlisted in the Navy when I was 17 yrs old (Kiddie Kruiser). Was a sonarman, 3rd class petty officer. Spent 6 months in the combat zone and got $65 a month for "Hazardous Duty Pay" since it was only a "police action" and not a declared war so we didn't get "Combat Pay"! Hated when the hippies in San Francisco called us "baby killers". Glad our guys are being treated better now and not being degraded for being a soldier.

Amen Mikey .. the pendulum has swung a bit from our days. I still get my hackles up a bit when some bubblehead 'news' flack starts goin on about someone comin home. We sure as HELL were not welcome. -Frank aka GE

FNBADAZ06

I would've thought we had more than 23 active members who were/are military, but not suprised to see that the AF leads in the poll.

• 11 months later...

Cross, that's a strange number of years to do service. Why'd you leave after 10? You were half way to retirement.

Retired Air Force; 20 years, 1 month and 28 days. Davis-Monthan, Ellsworth AFB, Kirtland AFB, and now Luke AFB (last 2 as civillian). Many boondoggles along the way to include Japan, Korea, Alaska, England, Germany, UAE, Saudi, Kuwait, Oman, and Egypt.

Mom and Dad both served, worked in the Pentagon where they met.

Mom had an officers burial a couple of years ago in El Paso.... (I never knew she was ranked that high)

Super big Thanks to all of you have served, or are serving now!!!

Air Force Reserve - 2 years

365th Detachment Southwest Texas State University

Temporary Duty at Edwards AFB

Dad retired from USAF 1968, Langley AFB, VA after assignments in Da Nang, Chanute AFB, Chicago, IL. Marshall Islands, Harlingen TX, and San Marcos, TX Gary AFB.

Found out after he passed away, he had planned to enlist in the Navy, but the recruiter office was closed the day he went into town. Since he lived on a farm, he decided not to waste the trip and went into the AF recruiter office across the street, enlisted and went to ATC school then OCS and got his wings.

20 years USAF where livin in tents, aint for us!

I agree!

:flag I love the fact that ACE loves and supports Veterans! :usa:

20 years USAF where livin in tents, aint for us!

I agree!

:flag I love the fact that ACE loves and supports Veterans! :usa:

And ^^^^^ This is the truth^^^^^ Always has been, always will be

USN here '67-'71.

You were in the Navy at the same time my Uncle was; he was on the USS Saratoga.