For the active and vet's amongst us, which branch of the military ?

FNBADAZ06

For those who've served, which branch of the military did you/do you serve with ?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This ought to be interesting :smilelol I never personally served in our Country's armed forces, but I'm an Air Force brat. My pop's recieved his commision in 1962 upon finsihing college at the University of Southwestern Louisiana (in Lafyette, La.), and upon seeing that Vietnam was becoming a reality (and an impending draft), completed the Air Force's Officers Training School at Maxwell AFB, Alabama...entering the Air Force as a Second Lieutenant. When he retired after 25 year's of active duty service as a Colonel, he went to work in the Government with the Department of the Navy and later the Department of the Army. Started at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio. Went to Andrews AFB in Maryland. Onward to Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson. Wisked away to Fuchu and Yokota AFB in Japan. Back stateside to Langley AFB in Virginia. Finally, back home to D-M in Tucson and his 1st retirment. Newport News, Virginia and San Diego, California for what seemed like permanent TDY during those years when he was with the Navy Department....and ultimately, Ft Huachuca in Sierra Vista (living in Tucson) with the Department of the Army until his final 2nd retirement from working. Edit: Fixed spelling of Corps and added both National Guard units to selection list. Also allow more than one selection for those who've served in mulitple services :rockon2:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Extender32

• P51tj

• Bigfoot

...and I'm going to guess more AF ACE'holes than any other branch.

20 years USAF where livin in tents, aint for us!

You musta' not voted, as I only see one flyboy....and that was T-Buc :facepalm:

20 years USAF where livin in tents, aint for us!

You musta' not voted, as I only see one flyboy....and that was T-Buc :facepalm:

:facepalm: fixed

52 years and 58 pounds ago the AF said I was too skinny, but the Army wasn't that picky. :lol

23 yrs, 6mo, 15 days in the AF baby. Where's the remote? Minot AFB, ND Geilenkirchen AB, GE Charleston AFB, SC Barksdale AFB, LA McGuire AFB, NJ Luke AFB, AZ (Retired)

Nine years and nine months US Navy. Stationed in Orlando, Charleston, Seattle, and San Diego. Visited Australia, Tasmania, Singapore, Hong Kong, Hawaii, Dubai, and Bahrain. I was a nuclear trained mechanic. Which let me get a job at Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant in Operations.

Victor, like you Kim and I are both AF brats. I just missed Vietnam (thank god for a 265 lottery number) so I went into LE instead. Hey, someone had to stay here and protect the women and children.

USAF Electronic Countermeasures troop, 1972-1986 Davis-Montham Udorn-Thani RTAFB (part of the 432nd Tac Recon 'Mig Killers' ..Fall of Saigon, Mayaguez Incident, snipers on the perimeter, fun when your young an dumb) George AFB (one of first 6 ECM troops to train for the F4G Wild Weasels) Seymour-Johnson AFB (4th TFW ..these guys were the best I ever had the honor to be part of) Taegu (K2) (KAL 009 shot down while I was in the air to Taegu ..my family thought I had bought it till I was able to dispel that rumor) Castle AFB (the absolute worst people I had ever been subjected to, I got the *HELL* out and glad of it) Numerous Blue Flags, Red Flags to Nellis, etc ..a great Crested Cap to Ramstein, Germany in '81 (NATO HQ bombed one fine morning, woke me right up) Dad was forward radio observer for Patton's 3rd from D-day to VE day, then he txferred to USAF ..was weird to see a Msgt with infantry badges and bronze star an such :) Great Grandfather was a Major in Civil War Uncle was on the 'Canal with 1st Marines Another flew B-17's in the 8th Younger Brother was over at NKP workin in Crypto in USAF -Frank aka GE

Marana Rich

Victor, Sometimes I think there is no hope for you. The Marines are a Corps (pronounced core). EVERYONE knows that except you and Obama, he called Navy Corpsman Corpseman, you call us a Corp. Anyhow, I served a short while in the CORPS. 1961, San Diego for Boot Camp, Camp Pendleton, CA for advanced training. 1961-1962 Iwakuni, Japan. Visited Okinawa and the jungle of P.I. during that tour. 1963-1964 Camp Lejeune, NC. Got out of there as fast as I could. 1964-1966 Naval Air Station, Memphis, Tennessee (actually in Millington) 1967 Okinawa, Japan. Stopped off for a short time before going to: 1967-1968 The Republic of South Vietnam (that other war) 1968-1970 Kansas City, MO 1970-1974 Folsom, PA. 1974-1975 Okinawa, Japan Visited the P.I. Iwakuni, couple other places during that tour. 1975-1981 Headquarters, Marine Corps, Arlington, VA. 1981-1985 Naval Security Group, Washington, D.C. 1985-1991 Okinawa, Japan. Returned to visit the P.I., Camp Fuji, Iwakuni, multiple times. Retired. 1991-1992 A well deserved rest. I spent temporary duty multiple times at military installations on Adak, Alaska, in Scotland, Misawa, Japan, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Pensacola, Fl, San Angelo, Tx, Hawaii, Guam, Spain, Panama, and a couple of unmentionables. I have spent time at Midway Island, Wake Island, Kwajalein, Since 1992 I have worked for the Marine CORPS in Okinawa and my present location.

Victor, Sometimes I think there is no hope for you. The Marines are a Corps (pronounced core). EVERYONE knows that except you and Obama, he called Navy Corpsman Corpseman, you call us a Corp. Anyhow, I served a short while in the CORPS.

1961, San Diego for Boot Camp, Camp Pendleton, CA for advanced training.

1961-1962 Iwakuni, Japan. Visited Okinawa and the jungle of P.I. during that tour.

1963-1964 Camp Lejeune, NC. Got out of there as fast as I could.

1964-1966 Naval Air Station, Memphis, Tennessee (actually in Millington)

1967 Okinawa, Japan. Stopped off for a short time before going to:

1967-1968 The Republic of South Vietnam (that other war)

1968-1970 Kansas City, MO

1970-1974 Folsom, PA.

1974-1975 Okinawa, Japan Visited the P.I. Iwakuni, couple other places during that tour.

1975-1981 Headquarters, Marine Corps, Arlington, VA.

1981-1985 Naval Security Group, Washington, D.C.

1985-1991 Okinawa, Japan. Returned to visit the P.I., Camp Fuji, Iwakuni, multiple times. Retired.

1991-1992 A well deserved rest.

I spent temporary duty multiple times at military installations on Adak, Alaska, in Scotland, Misawa, Japan, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Pensacola, Fl, San Angelo, Tx, Hawaii, Guam, Spain, Panama, and a couple of unmentionables. I have spent time at Midway Island, Wake Island, Kwajalein,

Since 1992 I have worked for the Marine CORPS in Okinawa and my present location.

Damn, Rich.......sorry 'bout dat.

I fixed the spelling. :)

Damn, I didn't know we were going to list all our stations, bases, forts, camps and TDY's. Some TDY's are a fog btw. :facepalm:

I am 2 yrs in, Luke is my first base. I work in the backshop tearing the pw f100-220's down.

UNITED STATES ARMY! Basic training, Ft Puke La. Military police training Ft Gordon Ga. Viet Nam, June 1964, assigned 560 MP Co, Tan Son Nhut AFB, & Vinh Long assigned to 114th Avation Co. Served part of air crew (door gunner) on a UH1-B slick. June 1965 Ft Sill Okla. Dec. 1965 Viet Nam again. Assigned to 560th MP Co (again) sent to Vung Tau. Dec 1966 enlistment up. I would say something bad about the maggots, anchor clankers, or sea go'in bell-hops but I won't. If you are a Vet, Welcome Home Brother!

Thank you to all who served. I'm currently in the Amphibious Insult Unit. Just wait until I see you in a swimsuit. (Ba Dum - Tish!)

Closer than I thought, though only 17 have cast a vote so far.

I was expecting to see someone mention that the poll choices omitted the National Guard. Maybe it's not too late to add it in.

I was expecting to see someone mention that the poll choices omitted the National Guard. Maybe it's not too late to add it in.

Good point. I orignally thought those who served in those units would select their command, being it Air Force or Army.

I will add them.