65 hot rod vette 5-speed install

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Installed a 5-speed in a sweet 65 that has a 435h.p and tq 355c.i Edlbrock performer r.p.m package. Also upgraded the brakes to a Willwood dual master cyl. It runs and drives great the 5-speed is so much fun. Next a 355 rear end and the car will really be a blastPosted Image Dave is planing to take it to Central and test out the new 5-speed and heavy duty clutch Posted Image

Great gearhead candy! Friend of mine back in the day useda run a primer black '65 roadster w/13:1 compression, 4-gear and 4.56's out back ... first gear was a blink of an eye! Once it hooked up it really plastered me in the seat hard. Was one of the few cars on Central that could actually beat down my '67 Hemi GTX failry regularly until I cammed up and started playin with my first tunnel ram. .. we useda race on 3rd Street every time we did a change on our cars :) -Frank aka GE

• 2 weeks later...

So.....what's the driving impression with the changes? Is it a new Tremec? If so, it will shift smoother as time goes on. I used the repro shifter so it would look stock, but don't really like the short handle. Maybe, as it breaks-in, things will be nicer.

The shifter broke in pretty quickly and it drives super smooth on the freeway. The only part to get used to was how fast and hard the clutch engages in first gear! Great fun so far, thanks Doug.

Bromley's Corvettes

Your welcome Dave. You have a real cool ride enjoy Posted ImageOnly thing left to do on your vette is a new Quick Fuel 750c.f.m carb and it will really fly Posted Image