Top Gun 2

Desertdawg

Tom Cruise, star of the first Top Gun film, is expected to appear in Top Gun 2, now in the works, and according to recent reports, he'll play the test pilot of a Lockheed Martin F-35 joint strike fighter. Cruise confirmed a few months ago that he was talking with the producer and director of the 1986 film -- Jerry Bruckheimer and Tony Scott -- about a sequel. A Lockheed Martin official said last week at an industry event that a production crew is expected to start filming in the next month or so at the company's flight test center in Fort Worth, Texas. Officials from the film industry declined to comment on the reports.

Posted Image

The new film is expected to feature unmanned combat drones and the pilots who operate them. The F-35, which hasn't yet started deliveries, has been over budget and behind schedule for years, causing some buyers to back out. Latest estimates project that the airplane may not be combat-ready until 2018, and will sell for $122 million.

Guest badbobs95

Tom Cruise, star of the first Top Gun film, is expected to appear in Top Gun 2, now in the works, and according to recent reports, he'll play the test pilot of a Lockheed Martin F-35 joint strike fighter. Cruise confirmed a few months ago that he was talking with the producer and director of the 1986 film -- Jerry Bruckheimer and Tony Scott -- about a sequel. A Lockheed Martin official said last week at an industry event that a production crew is expected to start filming in the next month or so at the company's flight test center in Fort Worth, Texas. Officials from the film industry declined to comment on the reports.

Posted Image

The new film is expected to feature unmanned combat drones and the pilots who operate them. The F-35, which hasn't yet started deliveries, has been over budget and behind schedule for years, causing some buyers to back out. Latest estimates project that the airplane may not be combat-ready until 2018, and will sell for $122 million.

Yet, another delay! I was told I'd have mine by 2015. :crazy I was hoping to drop a bomb on Sheriff Joe and Gov Brewer at their next press conference. :willy:willy:willy

No need to wait.....EDF version of the F-35, complete with vectored thrust (!) are available in the R/C world now :partydance:

Hopefully this one won't be a chick flick! In my opinion this was one of the biggest chick flicks EVER, with small bursts of coolness mixed in. Input a Behind Enemy Lines type plot, and maybe it'll be cool.

I can't remember the last time I watched a Tom Cruise movie. I can't imagine this being worthwhile.

I can't remember the last time I watched a Tom Cruise movie. I can't imagine this being worthwhile.

Tom Cruise has never done a Single Camera Cop Drama filmed in Black n' white based in California.

..so there fore you have no interest.

So many errors with TG1 that I thought it might be a comedy...hope they get TG2 correct! Just how mant "blue tubes" can fire off of station 2??? The F14 must have a rotary launcher!!! lol!

So many errors with TG1 that I thought it might be a comedy...hope they get TG2 correct! Just how mant "blue tubes" can fire off of station 2??? The F14 must have a rotary launcher!!! lol!

"A rotary launcher"...Now that's funny Tim! :smilelol The best part of the movie was the opening scene launching off the carrier...running up the motors, hitting burner and blasting. Reminded me of standing there on the hammerhead launching 111's. :thumbs

Guest Sidewinder

Drone pilots?? Call signs gander and ice cream. Well at least this time they can rent real migs. " My drone is in a flat spin headed out to sea, somebody grab the controls, my shift is over". If you wanna see a real doozy watch a movie called Into The Sun. Dude has a bad guy on his tail and instead of hittin the chaff/flare he wants to eject. There is also flight scenes borrowed from the awesome iron eagle.

There is also flight scenes borrowed from the awesome iron eagle.

I see your sarcasim here!!! :smilelol

There is also flight scenes borrowed from the awesome iron eagle.

I see your sarcasim here!!! :smilelol

What? Iron Eagle wasn't realistic??? I feel so let down. :(

Drone pilots?? Call signs gander and ice cream. Well at least this time they can rent real migs.

" My drone is in a flat spin headed out to sea, somebody grab the controls, my shift is over".

If you wanna see a real doozy watch a movie called Into The Sun. Dude has a bad guy on his tail and instead of hittin the chaff/flare he wants to eject. There is also flight scenes borrowed from the awesome iron eagle.

:LolLol: That's too funny Mark. (wink)... hand me a coke and chips will ya! :rockon2:

So many errors.........

the same can be said for every real life depiction flick.

My dad sat there and tore apart the movie Backdraft, he was a fireman for 24 years.

I've given up pointing out to whoever would listen how many mistakes and fallacies there are in every railroad movie...

So many errors.........

the same can be said for every real life depiction flick.

My dad sat there and tore apart the movie Backdraft, he was a fireman for 24 years.

I've given up pointing out to whoever would listen how many mistakes and fallacies there are in every railroad movie...

What? Now you're going to tell me "Unstoppable" was fake to? I think I'm just going to go jump off a cliff somewhere. :facepalm:

Uh... Tom. Can you come here a second.... :lol

Posted Image

:funnypost:

Ahhhh...No sweat! Jus REBOOT, it'll fly back ok. :facepalm: Got that Coke? :edward:

I guess I could do the same for the movie Hackers... but I keep getting distracted by someone taking her top off.