Devil’s Highway- May 11th - 12th

Chameleon

Aloha Donna

My brother and I and maybe couple of other cars are interested in going. 2-4 cars total.

We are thinking about staying at Hanagan's Meadow Lodge Friday (May 11) and Saturday (May 12) night. We have stayed up there the last two times we went up there to drive Devil's Highway and had a blast. I would be interested in comparing your room rates at the location you picked.

We all live up in Prescott so maybe we can meet you in Payson if that's the way you are going on the way up.

Hey Pam,

That would be cool. Yes, I am going up through Payson. Can you give me a drive time estimate for your group from Prescott to Payson? That would help with planning.

Here is the link to where I am staying: http://bestwesternarizona.com/hotels/best-western-sunrise-inn

Once this gets closer, if other folks are actually joining, I'll post up departure point and time in the first thread and then we can figure out a Payson meet point/time. . . :3gears:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chameleon

• Jon

• coconut girl

• jack52r

coconut girl

Hi Pam! :howdy

If you'd show up for this you could see her in person. . . just sayin' :P

Hi Jim :Jake:

I actually saw Jim a couple of weeks ago.

Your's and Cherye's presence was greatly appreciated.

Google map says drive time from Prescott to Payson is 2 hours and 20 minute. $10 says we can beat that time.

I am a definate maby. Will know for shure after this week-end. Francy has to pick up her father from Sky Harbor the 11th so can not go but does not want me go with out a co-driver. He will let me know by monday. If I go will dropping off in Morinci to see my son and my buddy to see his brother. :toetap:pensativo:

VenomOnWheels

. . .We are thinking about staying at Hanagan's Meadow Lodge Friday (May 11) and Saturday (May 12) night. We have stayed up there the last two times we went . . .

Pam,

Did you participate in any of the annual Devil's Highway runs with Velocity Vettes?

My wife and I usually stay at Hannagan Meadow (lodge or cabin) and hope to do so again on May 11 & 12. A couple of the lodge rooms are actually cheaper than the Best Western and the accommodations, scenery, and serenity are beyond comparison.

Regarding meet-up points, when we've done this in the past west & east valley Phoenix folks would take US-60, meet-up with southern Arizona folks at Florence Junction, and continue on US-60 through the Salt River Canyon into Show Low. Prescott folks (and some northeast Phoenix folks) would take AZ-260 to Payson where they'd meet-up with the northeast Phoenix folks who chose to take AZ-87 and then proceed together to Show Low. For the last couple of trips we all met at Mama Bear's restaurant in Lakeside for lunch.

We're looking forward to this cruise.

Dale & Christine

. . .We are thinking about staying at Hanagan's Meadow Lodge Friday (May 11) and Saturday (May 12) night. We have stayed up there the last two times we went . . .

Pam,

Did you participate in any of the annual Devil's Highway runs with Velocity Vettes?

My wife and I usually stay at Hannagan Meadow (lodge or cabin) and hope to do so again on May 11 & 12. A couple of the lodge rooms are actually cheaper than the Best Western and the accommodations, scenery, and serenity are beyond comparison.

Regarding meet-up points, when we've done this in the past west & east valley Phoenix folks would take US-60, meet-up with southern Arizona folks at Florence Junction, and continue on US-60 through the Salt River Canyon into Show Low. Prescott folks (and some northeast Phoenix folks) would take AZ-260 to Payson where they'd meet-up with the northeast Phoenix folks who chose to take AZ-87 and then proceed together to Show Low. For the last couple of trips we all met at Mama Bear's restaurant in Lakeside for lunch.

We're looking forward to this cruise.

Dale & Christine

As noted in the original post, the route is up through Payson - meetpoint for that will be somewhere around Fountain hills. If you want to take another route, that's cool, but the route for anyone who wants to run as a group with me on this is up through Payson. Lunch stop is TBD the day of the run by the folks who actually show up for this. . .

coconut girl

Pam, Did you participate in any of the annual Devil's Highway runs with Velocity Vettes? My wife and I usually stay at Hannagan Meadow (lodge or cabin) and hope to do so again on May 11 & 12. A couple of the lodge rooms are actually cheaper than the Best Western and the accommodations, scenery, and serenity are beyond comparison. We're looking forward to this cruise. Dale & Christine Yea...both times were with Velocity Vettes. I am going to contact Lynn and Steve and see if they are up for going. They were out of state the last time I talked to Lynn a couple of weeks ago. Hannagan's Meadow is one of the most beautiful places in the White Mt.

WHOO-HOOOOO I am 100% in. Making my reservation at the Sunrise Inn now for the 11th and the Morenci Motel for the 12th. My friend Richard (SPOT)) Edwards will be my co-driver. I am certain he will be compatable with all as he is a car guy, Hot Rods up to this point, but hope to change his ways with this trip. I will be checking to see when the met-up time will be so I can plan my departure so I can go to Casa Grand and pick up Spot, then head up to mee with you all. WHOOO HOOOOO :banannarainbow:

Yo Donna, we may go with ya! we won't know for sure until next week.

coconut girl

I have now become a maybe for this event!

That would be great. What does it take to change the maybe to going?

Yo Donna, we may go with ya! we won't know for sure until next week.

Cool! Hope you can make it! :thumbs

I have now become a maybe for this event!

That would be great. What does it take to change the maybe to going?

:agree . . .the answer to Pam's question is. . .???? :toetap

wickedfastvette

Waiting on date for my grandaughters birthday party. But its looking like it wont be that weekend.

Vetts full of gas, all shined up, bags packed, and have to wait 'til May 11th :toetap I am like the Atheist that died. At his funeral, he was all dressed up with no place to go. :angel:lol

Vetts full of gas, all shined up, bags packed, and have to wait 'til May 11th :toetap I am like the Atheist that died. At his funeral, he was all dressed up with no place to go. :angel:lol

:lol

While you're waiting there's the ACE Dam Rally on April 21st and the Wickenburg/Bagdad loop on May 6th. . .

At the Dam Rally I would get so Dam lost I would never be Dam seen again. I did not realize Goodyear was so far West it was in Yuma.

Did the hotel give you a special rate at all?

Room Rate Subtotal: $71.39 USD ($80.75 with tax)

This is the rate I got for booking 21 days in advance and paying up front. Browse through the rates on the hotel's webpage and there might be some left. . .

Booked a room at that Best Western. Got a double queen bed non-smoking room if anybody wants to split the room with me. The room was $80.99 plus 13.11% tax. FYI, I use a CPAP machine and even then sometimes I snore.

Booked a room at that Best Western. Got a double queen bed non-smoking room if anybody wants to split the room with me. The room was $80.99 plus 13.11% tax.

FYI, I use a CPAP machine and even then sometimes I snore.

I got ther same thing and rates.

Marana Rich

At the Dam Rally I would get so Dam lost I would never be Dam seen again. I did not realize Goodyear was so far West it was in Yuma.

That's not such a bad thing. :welcome: