• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chameleon

• Jon

• coconut girl

• jack52r

Great drive. Eva and I did it in 2009. Stayed a few nights at Hannigan's Meadow Lodge and drove the 191 for a couple of days. Beautiful scenery including deer, turkeys and other game. Made 100's of pictures.

oldmxdog61u

Well, did this in a fj40, a datsun fairlady, a cb400, r-90,r-100, z-10, and various others. What a spectacular route! That said, wish I could break free to go in my C-6! You will have a blast! Much more fun than the last timr in my wifes 4runner with a carsick rottie. Flopping around ion the back with our border collie and manchester terrier cleaning up after her. That dog was green!

coconut girl

Made reservations at the Best Western. Already to go except I need to get my parking brake adjusted. You don not want a wimpy parking brake on Devils Highway! I changed my Avatar to a photo I took the first time we went to Devils Highway in October. We woke up to 4-6 inches of snow.

Chameleon
:bump: First post has been updated with meet points and times. If you are one of the 'maybe' folks, please post up if you are coming or not. Anyone else thinking about this run, come on! :driving:

As much as I'd like to make this run, I am not going to be able to do it this time. You guys and gals have a good time and be safe. :driving::howdy

Uggh. I'm going to have to drive in rush hour traffic for that meet time. Oh well. A worthy sacrifice.

Chameleon

Uggh. I'm going to have to drive in rush hour traffic for that meet time. Oh well. A worthy sacrifice.

I don't know the route you are planning to take, but you might consider taking the 101 loop around the north side of town. You can then exit at Shea Blvd and take it east to Beeline Hwy.

You'd still have to deal with the I-10 in from Tonopah, and this route is little longer than going straight through town (less than 10 miles difference) but except for the westbound part of the Agua Fria (between 83rd Ave and I-17), you would mostly be going in the opposite direction of the morning traffic. Just my two cents. . .

Sounds good. I'll do that. Thanks. PM me your number in case I run late or into issues on the way.

I don't know the route you are planning to take, but you might consider taking the 101 loop around the north side of town. You can then exit at Shea Blvd and take it east to Beeline Hwy.

You'd still have to deal with the I-10 in from Tonopah, and this route is little longer than going straight through town (less than 10 miles difference) but except for the westbound part of the Agua Fria (between 83rd Ave and I-17), you would mostly be going in the opposite direction of the morning traffic. Just my two cents. . .

Its actually pretty crappy until SR51, just FYI

coconut girl

Aloha Donna. PM sent with my cell phone number. See ya Friday around 11:00ish.

Chameleon

Aloha Donna.

PM sent with my cell phone number.

See ya Friday around 11:00ish.

:howdy

Thanks, PM sent. See ya Friday!

I'm going to stay overnight in Scottsdale Thurday night to beat the traffic. My buddy from LA got a studio at Villa Mirage Resort for a week since it was cheaper than paying for 4 nights. He already went back to LA and left me the room key. Easier than beating traffic Friday morning.

I won't be able to make this one. Getting my new Billy Boat Bullet exhaust with xpipe installed. Have a fun rip!!!

We have family coming out and I have already spent most of my vacation so Looks like we will not be able to make the run this time.

Been drinking Saki and beer since 3pm. Tomorrow might suck but I'm still going. ;)

Been drinking Saki and beer since 3pm. Tomorrow might suck but I'm still going. ;)

Well, if yer hungover and have to stop :U we're not waiting for ya. . . :smilelol

coconut girl

I am saving my drinking brain cells for tonight! All packed and ready to go. Can't wait. See ya around 11:00

I am saving my drinking brain cells for tonight!

All packed and ready to go.

Can't wait.

See ya around 11:00

I might imbibe moderately tonight, but I want to be fully functional for the twisties tomorrow.

I'm saving my drinking for Saturday night after I get home. Bottle of wine and a bubble bath. . . ahhhhhhhhhhh :)

See ya around 11:00!!! :partydance: