Devil’s Highway- May 11th - 12th

Chameleon

Having a blast so far! Lots of cops from Heber to Show Low. I'm currently sitting at the Show Low McDonald's waiting on everybody to catch up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chameleon

• Jon

• coconut girl

• jack52r

Having a blast so far! Lots of cops from Heber to Show Low. I'm currently sitting at the Show Low McDonald's waiting on everybody to catch up.

Yeah, we got seperated by traffic. Then Jon was wondering where we were, and we were at Pizza Hut wondering where he was! Little miscommunication there. Less motorhomes the rest of the way, had fun taking turns playing bear bait with Jon. Heading out in about an hour. It is beautiful up here!

Sorry we didn't make it, been a hard week. Have a most most awesome cruise :3gears:

Smokies are probably on the hunt for the Z06-CTS-V clique, who blasted off earlier this morning for the charge up the hill. I hope everyone has a safe and uneventful LEO'less trip :thumbs

Just got home. The trip was awesome. Weather was perfect, and from Hannagan Meadow to Morenci, there was only one vehicle (a motorcycle) traveling our way. Jon scared the crap out of him and when I came up behind him he slowed down and waved me around. :lol Aside from that, zero traffic going down the hill.

Apparently met the Vic Clic outside Safford, they were eastbound and hammer down.

Lot's of LEOs out, but no personal interaction. Which reminds me, HEY JON, :howdy thanks for the very timely warning, I tip-toed past undetected. . . :cool .

On a side note, Jack brought his friend Spot along. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard, but I think I am scarred for life from some of the things I heard. :blink I will certainly never look at chickens or peanut butter again quite the same.

:photo:

lunch stop in Show Low

Posted Image

Then Jon joined us

Posted Image

The motel was pretty nice, and they knew it :lol

Posted Image

At the motel

Posted Image

Jack and his friend Spot

Posted Image

Jon decided to black out his side markers

Posted Image

The group at Hannagan Meadow

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was going 115 when I came up on that one cop near Florence Junction. He was pretty well hidden in the brush, but I saw the top of his cruiser. My brakes did their job. :banannarainbow:

It was AWESOME! We need to do this again. We need to check out Swift Trail that goes up Mount Graham. It's just south of Safford and is 33 miles each way of VERY twisty roads.

Check out the link: http://byways.org/explore/byways/11298

Put some acrylic covers on my side markers in the hotel parking lot:

Posted Image

Saw a deuce and a half for sale. Decided to take a pic. Some dude and his daughter drove up and starting talking to me about the car. I think he was from West Virginia, because I could swear I heard banjos in the background as he talked.

Posted Image

Hannagan Meadow up near Alpine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Desertdawg

Wish we could have been there, Flagstaff was nice on Friday but not as nice as it is on top were y'all went.... Hopefully next time. Thanks for sharing the pictures....

Sure sounds like you all had a fun time. :thumbs Jon, did you get price/info on the 2 1/2 6x ?

oldmxdog61u

Nice trip! Thx for the pics. The road up mt graham is another nice twisty, just a bit far to get there unless your making it a long day trip from the westside. Hmmm. U gave me an idea for a loop run to mt graham then down south to bisbee and overnite there, then over thru the wine country then over 60 miles of twisties in aravipa then up tp the observatory (very fun twisty) then back on the big tarmac full of fornios.

Thanks Donna!! Had a great time. I am sorry you will be scarred for life. I did my best to house break Spot but failed. However, he claims I taught him everything he knows. NOT TRUE!! I got back about 1300 today. Thanks again. Nice to have met Pam and Scott. My total trip was 853.3 miles. If Spot should get a Vett, he should not be allowed to be an ACEr as this fourm could not handle the both he and some unnamed personalities already here or the fallout if he and those persons all participated in an event. Jack

coconut girl

It was AWESOME! We need to do this again. We need to check out Swift Trail that goes up Mount Graham. It's just south of Safford and is 33 miles each way of VERY twisty roads.

Set it up Jon, My brother and I are in!

We also had a great time. Devils Highway is always fun. Great meeting everyone. My first trip out in a while and I needed it.

Sad what the fire last summer did to the area. I have been going up there for years and it is changed forever.

Saturday after Devils Highway my brother and I went back up to Edgar around the other way, up Turkey Creek through New Mexico. It was a very nice road also. Stopped at Luna Lake. The mountains all the way around it were burnt sticks.

Friday 250 miles

Saturday 265 miles

Sunday 250 miles

Total 760 miles

old yeller

Looks like everyone had a great time. That road up Mount Graham is VERY twisty. Not a good idea to have breakfast then drive up the mountain if you get my drift. Part of the road near the top was still dirt a few years back but very beautiful scenery. At night on top of the mountain, you can see the lights of Phoenix. I had to drive up there for two weeks straight and spend the night watching the telescopes.

Looks like everyone had a great time. That road up Mount Graham is VERY twisty. Not a good idea to have breakfast then drive up the mountain if you get my drift. Part of the road near the top was still dirt a few years back but very beautiful scenery. At night on top of the mountain, you can see the lights of Phoenix. I had to drive up there for two weeks straight and spend the night watching the telescopes.

:pensativo: I think this qualifies you http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jias.gif to be trip leader. . . :P

coconut girl

:pensativo: I think this qualifies you http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jias.gif to be trip leader. . . :P

The comment in brown was actually Jon's.

But I do think Jon would make an excellent trip leader!

The comment in brown was actually Jon's.

But I do think Jon would make an excellent trip leader!

Actually, my comment was directed at Joe (old yeller) because he's been there and the rest of us haven't. . .