whats your favorite beer

philv

The Left Hand Milk Stout is really good as well......served on tap at Mellow Mushroom. Looks like Guiness but doesn't have the bitter coffee after taste.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SL1D3R

• P51tj

• TheCMSH

• Unreal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Avery Brewing Company: The Maharaja Dogfishhead: 90 minute IPA and 120 minute IPA. All are double or triple strength IPAs. SUPER hoppy and delicious :-)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

St Bernardus Abt 12 is up there, Rochefort Trappistes 10 is phenomenal, Old Rasputin Imperial Stout is probably the best stout I've had. I think my brother is saving me a bottle of Westvleteren 12. That said, if you can find Schlitz in a bottle (don't laugh), give it a try. 1960's recipe when it was the #1 beer in America, and not the same recipe as the kind in the can. Great for American "mow the lawn" beer.

• 5 months later...

Had a Michelob Light last night.

It was pretty gross.

Still searching for good pale/light beers. I have been told to look for pilsners, too.

I'm trying to stay away from the major commercial brands and anything that is heavily imported.

Went to the Arrogant Butcher for lunch and had a Sierra Nevada IPA.

Not too bad, but the hoppy after-taste didn't agree with me.

Next!

Drinking a Big Sky moose drool, it is ok. Kilt Lifter is good. There is no favorite beer, it depends on situation. I've been enjoying San Tan Mr Pineapple in the pool a lot.

Loft...from New Belgium Brewing...good stuff! But, all the beers from New Belgium Brewing are good! Well, I'm biased since that beer is from my neck of the woods.....

Not a huge fan of beer at all, but on occasion I'll drink a Guinness. Typically I stick to Ciders though, BJ's Wild Berry Cider is my favorite. YUMMMM.

If that's your liking, try Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss .......I guarantee you'll love it :thumbs

Posted Image

I grew up on Lienies. Funny, back then we bought it because it was the best of the really cheap beers (Blatz, Hamms, Point). We could get mini kegs that fit in an old steel type wastebasket. Throw then in the back seat and go for a ride. (I know, but it was 35+ years ago). So they sell out to Miller, increase price 10X and call it a micro brew, and now it's a hit.

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale for me. In the winter, their Oatmeal Stout sure is good too. Any Chimay ale as well. Belgiums sure do make good beer.

So true with lots of the craft beers out there. They add a truckload of hops to an average wort and call it good.

So true with lots of the craft beers out there. They add a truckload of hops to an average wort and call it good.

I personally think you're spot on, especially with the IPA's.

That Berry Weiss stuff is pretty damn good.

I'll jump on that bandwagon and add their Summer Shandy leads to a crack-like addiction

I don't like the berry beers. Too sweet. Might as well drink a mixed drink, margarita, or martini.

Costco brown ale was pretty good. Had 2-3 last night along with a moose drool and kilt lifter.

Summer Shandy leads to a crack-like addiction

^^^this^^^ and this comes from a no fruit in beer guy! Oh well that should bring some torment!

Summer Shandy leads to a crack-like addiction

^^^this^^^ and this comes from a no fruit in beer guy! Oh well that should bring some torment!

Yes, I haz da monkey on my back now. Damn fruit!!

Four Peaks' 8th Street Ale. Unless I have the time to brew a vanilla porter or honey blonde.

Dave's home-brewed Honey Blonde Ale - one of only two brews I've ever tasted that didn't give me bitter beer face.

Why hasn't someone setup a beer drinking party to try all these beers? Everyone brings a 12 pack of their favorite.

Why hasn't someone setup a beer drinking party to try all these beers? Everyone brings a 12 pack of their favorite.

And extra beers for the one that does the longest burnout!

That Berry Weiss stuff is pretty damn good.

I'll jump on that bandwagon and add their Summer Shandy leads to a crack-like addiction

Tried that Summer Shandy while we were at Majerle's last night.

It would have been better if our waitress hadn't put a lemon in my beer.

Quicksilver98

Had my first 6 pack of Reds Apple ale this week. Not bad......not what I call a beer but preety good none the less. Reminded me of hard apple cider that we use to get back in Pa.