to all who have cheered and supported me onward and upward...

F22trainer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F22trainer

• Buccaneer

• HOXXOH

• Marco

and, as of this morning - I've been awarded Palm Springs as my base!!! :rockon2::banannarainbow:

Aw man, that really sucks. I know you were hoping for a super nice place with classy airports and a hot nightlife like Ely, NV or Vernal, UT.

• 2 weeks later...

My Line Check is this week during my next 4 day trip - the final hurdle. I love flying this airplane! I'll be on the N. Cali / S. Oregon hops w/ overnights in Eureka / San luis Obispo and Coos Bay. Most strange of all, is I have already 100+ people below me on the seniority list, I got my base of choice AND I just got awarded a line...never having sat reserve. I'm quite sure going from IOE to holding a line is some kind of miracle - the cutoff was about midway through my training class. :clap

My Line Check is this week during my next 4 day trip - the final hurdle. I love flying this airplane! I'll be on the N. Cali / S. Oregon hops w/ overnights in Eureka / San luis Obispo and Coos Bay.

Most strange of all, is I have already 100+ people below me on the seniority list, I got my base of choice AND I just got awarded a line...never having sat reserve. I'm quite sure going from IOE to holding a line is some kind of miracle - the cutoff was about midway through my training class. :clap

You ROCK Michael! :thumbs Keep up the good work and you'll be rewarded. :partydance:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, perhaps I jinxed myself with this post - it is with a great deal of personal disappointment and sadness that I have to tell all of you that I was not able to successfully complete the final Line Check. My employment has been terminated with eligibility to reapply in one year. :eek:banghead:facepalm: As Winston Churchill said: "...doing your best is pointless. Doing what is necessary is what is required."

Well, perhaps I jinxed myself with this post -

it is with a great deal of personal disappointment and sadness that I have to tell all of you that I was not able to successfully complete the final Line Check. My employment has been terminated with eligibility to reapply in one year. :eek:banghead:facepalm:

As Winston Churchill said:

"...doing your best is pointless. Doing what is necessary is what is required."

:what::eek That is not good news bro and sorry to hear this. :(

Although it is disappointing, when one door closes another opens. SkyWest cutting you loose may be a sign for brighter things in the long-term. You've made it this far, you can and will succeed somewhere else. Best of luck to you.

Well, perhaps I jinxed myself with this post -

it is with a great deal of personal disappointment and sadness that I have to tell all of you that I was not able to successfully complete the final Line Check. My employment has been terminated with eligibility to reapply in one year. :eek:banghead:facepalm:

As Winston Churchill said:

"...doing your best is pointless. Doing what is necessary is what is required."

That blows !!!!! Did they let you know what aspect you weren't successful on ?

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you have another opportunity in the very near future.

Damn dude ..... that sucks ...... lots to remember on these checks though ..... You;ll be back at it in no time !!!!! hang in ....... Posted Image

Suck. sorry to hear dood... But as others have said, keep knockin on other doors. You got through that far, you'll find another deal somewhere. tell them that Big Poppa believes in you, that's all you need....

Well the door didn't slam shut, it only closed part way. Don't be like Heinz Waldshmidt. Keep trying.

Oh man, I just saw this. Wow, that really sucks man. :( Keep on fighting man...you'll get there.

You've fought too hard to give up now. Give it another shot next year.

I haz a sad for ya Michael. I know you and I know you will find this just another challange to overcome. Keep up the good fight and as always, wishing all the best to ya bro!