ACE C4s

jon1all

I'm out.

But Victor tried to set up a poll awhile back...Linky

I imagine the numbers fluctuate as people trade up.

I,agree with your "trade up" statement. I went from a 2002 coupe, to a 2003 Z06, to my '92. To me, going from a C5 to my '92 C4 was definitely TRADING UP!!! :smilelol

I used to be a C4 guy, until a mesquite tree and I had a disagreement about right-of-way... :facepalm:

Posted Image

But remember part of your red rocket lives on in my C4. The AC compressor.

Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the right thread to ask this, but it is C4 related and hopefully you can give me the right answers. I ran into a new to corvettes guy at the Superstition car show last weekend and he has a 96. Polo green, tan interior, very nice clean car with about 45K on it. The question is...He said he took the top off (targa top) I guess and said at highway speeds 55-75mph the car buffets real bad and feels almost unstable. He said when he put the top back on, it's fine and rides nice and smooth. Does this sound right to you guys? I've never heard anyone saying that before and wondered if that was a common thing on a C4? Thanks for any info on this and sorry for the Hijack. :facepalm:

My 88 is stone solid with the targa off at 75+mph. Not sure what could be going on with this guy's 96. Weird. It's definitely not "normal". My guess is it has something to do with build quality per a given car. I know of some folks who complain that when they take the targa off their C4 that the car suddenly feels loose and sloppy, like the it's significantly structurally compromised. Mine feels pretty much the same top on or off.

Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the right thread to ask this, but it is C4 related and hopefully you can give me the right answers. I ran into a new to corvettes guy at the Superstition car show last weekend and he has a 96. Polo green, tan interior, very nice clean car with about 45K on it. The question is...He said he took the top off (targa top) I guess and said at highway speeds 55-75mph the car buffets real bad and feels almost unstable. He said when he put the top back on, it's fine and rides nice and smooth. Does this sound right to you guys? I've never heard anyone saying that before and wondered if that was a common thing on a C4? Thanks for any info on this and sorry for the Hijack. :facepalm:

With windows up - which is just plain wrong with the top off - yeah, it's uncomfortable. I've had mine way beyond that, windows down, and it was real nice ride from Coolidge all the way to Mesa. There are some mods like the mirror deflectors and a windshield deflector but I don't know how effective they are.

...we now return to our regularly unscheduled and unpredictable programming...

With windows up - which is just plain wrong with the top off - yeah, it's uncomfortable. I've had mine way beyond that, windows down, and it was real nice ride from Coolidge all the way to Mesa. There are some mods like the mirror deflectors and a windshield deflector but I don't know how effective they are.

...we now return to our regularly unscheduled and unpredictable programming...

just a quick note to the already Posted Image .... the first year I had my C3, went on a Laughlin run with one of the local vette clubs ... second day a handful of us decided to make a run to Vegas ... (mostly c5s) and was able to keep up for the most part .... but had the tops off .... though didn't seem to have any handling issues, the wind inside the cabin at those speeds (don't know the number as my speedo don't read much past SL) beat you up pretty good .... windows up or down .... Won't do that again !!!! #justsayin

Thread now Unjacked !!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Well I guess I must be very strange (no surprise to most of you). I only drive with my top up if it is raining, very cold or very, very hot (unless the wife is along). I'd say at least 90% of the time I drive with the top down at any speed. The wind beats you up a bit, but what the hell, if you aren't going to drive with the top down, why have a vert!!

verts seem to be different then T-Tops ... our C5 vert is much more comfortable with the top down then the coupe with the tops off !!

Guest badbobs95

When I drive Blacky with the top off, I don't notice any difference at all. Except it tends to mess up my hair. Posted Image Now we all know that's not true. I keep the top on and the windows up so girls don't keep bothering me asking for a date and telling me how ruggedly handsome I am. It's just sooooo embarrassing! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image That's me in there.

Except it tends to mess up my hair.

:ditto:

Teh very same reason I never once took teh top off teh RedCar....

:thups:

I'll have to check about this top thing you guys talk about. Where can a guy find it? I didn't know Vetts had a top.

I'll have to check about this top thing you guys talk about. Where can a guy find it? I didn't know Vetts had a top.

:yourock: