The ever unpopular "I need to lose weight" thread

FNBADAZ06

Just start using heroin, way quicker results :thumbs

Isn't meth cheaper ? :popcorn::smilelol

Just start using heroin, way quicker results :thumbs

Isn't meth cheaper ? :popcorn::smilelol

And you can make it at home in a Gatorade bottle....

You're 223, I'm 255... Who's chasing who?

You're a bigger dude than me.....and you started at a way more heavier weight than me. You're probably closing in on your target weight you want to be at....I'm still a good 40 off mine, but I will succeed :partydance:

Ya, I feel that I'm getting pretty close. I don't have a weight goal, more of a "what I look like" and fitness goal. I assume I'll end up around 240 when I'm happy, maybe a few lbs more than that depending on how much muscle I put on. I got into 38" jeans, and I'd like to hit 36". There was a day when I wore a 34", but I was like 180 lbs. REALLY skinny. No interest in that at this point. So I assume I need to drop another 20 lbs of fat and put on 10 lbs of muscle. We'll see.

Agree with cha 100%, Poppa....lookin' good and feeling good is what it's all about. I'm thinking I'll be around the 180-185 when all's said and done...depending on how much lean mass I ultimately put on. I'm currently at 34" waist (wore 28-29's in the old days), so I figure I'll be in the 30-32 range.

We shall see where I'm at by June :partydance:

I started a strength training program 7 weeks ago. Currently doing 13 exercises for whole body toning, 3 sets each, 3 days a week. Cardio 3 days a week. I haven't really changed my eating habits except I have added a protein shake once a day. I feel better, my energy level is up and I am sleeping like a rock. Only bench pressing 90# right now, but I suppose that's not too bad for a newbie with little muscle mass.

Just got back from a 4 day trip in mexico. Down about 2 lbs. Was on the liquid diet.

Aahhhh....the "low carb" diet :smilelol

Pics of scantily clad women or it never happened and it's all a lie :partygrnhat:

221 lbs !!!! Officially passed the 20 lbs loss mark, and I should be able to lose 1 lbs in 5 days to hit 220 or less by Saturday, which is the end of March. Hope everyone else who began a fitness routine this year is getting the results they are shooting for, and hasn't fallen off the bandwagon. :partydance:

Congrats Vic... :thumbs I'm just plugging along, still limiting carbs when I can and riding the eliptical a few times a week. It's those damn big meals but I'm learning what triggers them like eating out and still thinking I need to lick my plate clean. The magic word here is Eventually !!!

Im currently dropping a few lbs in hopes of making a lower weight class at my next meet. I have 6 weeks and currently sitting at 193. The weight class I want to hit is the 181s but I dont plan on dropping that far down. Im thinking if I can hid mid/upper 180s I can taper water the last week to make weight. Hopefully strength still stays up. Would really like to hit a 1500 total which would put me roughly 80lbs away from the World Record at that body weight for drug free raw total.

Congrats Vic... :thumbs

I'm just plugging along, still limiting carbs when I can and riding the eliptical a few times a week.

It's those damn big meals but I'm learning what triggers them like eating out and still thinking I need to lick my plate clean.

The magic word here is Eventually !!!

I've noticed as of last week that my knees are starting to complain a bit about my increased jogging tempo, so I've taken 5 days off from the jogging routine.

I'd really like to get an eliptical but can't afford the additional cost at this moment in time....plus, I don't know where I'd put it as the quality units are pretty big. A friend of mine just ordered a Smooth Fitness Agile DMT which has gotten rave reviews, comparable to several of the Precor models used in gyms....but they take a lot of floor space and are not meant to be moved.

Posted Image

The concensus appears to be that the inexpensive eliptical trainers aren't very smooth and don't last....what unit do you have ?

Just stick with it and get a routine set that fits into your life. The eating habits are a difficult one to deal with, especially if you have family around that don't share your fitness goals....mind over matter and will power are your friends in that situation.

I'm pulling for ya !!! :thumbs

Im currently dropping a few lbs in hopes of making a lower weight class at my next meet. I have 6 weeks and currently sitting at 193. The weight class I want to hit is the 181s but I dont plan on dropping that far down. Im thinking if I can hid mid/upper 180s I can taper water the last week to make weight. Hopefully strength still stays up. Would really like to hit a 1500 total which would put me roughly 80lbs away from the World Record at that body weight for drug free raw total.

Wow....that would be crazy if you could get the record !!!

Are you now concentating on power lifting over body building ?

I have been the last year. I dont plan on doing another BB show till maybe 2014-2015 so until then Im putting more focus on PLing. Im a BB first, PL second. Im not quite build for PLing although Ive managed to do pretty well at it.

I have a ProForm eliptical that we bought a couple of years ago, looks like this...

Posted Image

sorry, no skinny chic on it in that picture.

Ours was like $1,800 marked down to $1,200.

Your knees will never forgive you if you keep pounding on them, you may ache a little now but keep at it and you'll be creaking and groaning permently later.

Been there, done that and suffer everyday now!

Have you considered doing some swimming Victor? It's some of the best stuff you can do for your joints and you get a suprisingly good workout from it.

Have you considered doing some swimming Victor? It's some of the best stuff you can do for your joints and you get a suprisingly good workout from it.

I have a pool at my house and do resistance training in it during the summer months :rockon2:

My water temps are in the high 60's/low 70's at the moment......consistent upper 70's and it's splish splash for me :partydance:

I have a ProForm eliptical that we bought a couple of years ago, looks like this...

Posted Image

sorry, no skinny chic on it in that picture.

Ours was like $1,800 marked down to $1,200.

Your knees will never forgive you if you keep pounding on them, you may ache a little now but keep at it and you'll be creaking and groaning permently later.

Been there, done that and suffer everyday now!

I'm pretty sure my knees are complaining about the added pace and stride I've worked up to. Originally, my left ankle would be a bit sore after my first couple weeks of my walking routine, but now is perfectly fine...even with the pounding they take with my runs. It took a couple weeks but the conditioning has taken care of the ankles.

I could slow my pace down until I work a bit more weight off....I'll let my body tell me when I'm pushing a bit too hard....and its seems to be telling me to slow it down a bit. I'm more of a form runner than a shuffler, but I do sprint the last 100+ meters of my jogs, which is probably the main contributor to my soreness.

That being said, I'd still like to get an eliptical for the low impact cardio :thumbs

I have been the last year. I dont plan on doing another BB show till maybe 2014-2015 so until then Im putting more focus on PLing. Im a BB first, PL second. Im not quite build for PLing although Ive managed to do pretty well at it.

Interesting that you're taking a 2 year hiatus from BB at such a relatively young age....burnout ? :popcorn:

I have a pool at my house and do resistance training in it during the summer months :rockon2:

My water temps are in the high 60's/low 70's at the moment......consistent upper 70's and it's splish splash for me :partydance:

BRRRRRRR! Too cold for me too. When I first moved to AZ I thought to myself "Who needs a heated pool here between March and November? Well the answer... ME! My northern friends think I'm crazy.

You should not base your intake soley off a chart but use it as a STARTING POINT to calculating your calorie intake as is it so individual and theres a lot more determining factors. There is so much information online that contradicts itself so its really hard to get some good information. Im not going to go into detail with all the formulas as it is far easier/more accurate to go off real life experimenting. Ive always gone off the rule of no more than 2lbs per week but starting out you will initially lose a lot more. People cant have the "Biggest Loser" mentality and expect the same results as someone weighing 500lbs will be able to drop a lot more weight than someone half their weight. Im going copy/paste some information off my forum which Ive used for quite some time..........

Or workout 8 hours a day like they do on biggest loser.

Well Vic., I can tell you ellipticals work well for reducing impact. My left heel CANNOT take any sort of impact without flaring up BAD. When I would use the elliptical it worked well and did not cause me any pain.

Glendale had the parking lot closed yesterday for the big trail (2.21 mile and +440' elev.) at T-bird park on Pinnacle Peak. I parked in the dirt next to the road and slipped through the fence. I finished in 46 minutes at a normal ~3mph pace. I headed back to the car following a couple young gals (you don't think I do this just for my health :edward: ), and when going back through the fence, I slipped and fell on my ass. I should have laid there for a bit and let the gals help me back to the car. :banghead

Well that my cardio workout 2-3 days a week. The 900' from the parking lot to the TH raises (English word for "ups") my heart rate from 65-75 to around 100. Then I try to stay in the 120-135 range for the trail. i.e. 80-90%

I've lost a whole 2# since this thread started. I guess 10 pounds by Thanksgiving will be OK.

Glendale had the parking lot closed yesterday for the big trail (2.21 mile and +440' elev.) at T-bird park on Pinnacle Peak. I parked in the dirt next to the road and slipped through the fence. I finished in 46 minutes at a normal ~3mph pace. I headed back to the car following a couple young gals (you don't think I do this just for my health :edward: ), and when going back through the fence, I slipped and fell on my ass. I should have laid there for a bit and let the gals help me back to the car. :banghead

Well that my cardio workout 2-3 days a week. The 900' from the parking lot to the TH raises (English word for "ups") my heart rate from 65-75 to around 100. Then I try to stay in the 120-135 range for the trail. i.e. 80-90%

I've lost a whole 2# since this thread started. I guess 10 pounds by Thanksgiving will be OK.

Excellent, Tom !!! :partydance: 46 minutes to complete a 2.21 mile trail is moving pretty good.

The Deems (?) Hill trails are also really nice and long. The trail heads are at the park that is just north of the Stetson II subdivision and run along the hills that are bordering the Stetson subdivision you used to live in. They are less congested than the Thunderbird trails :thumbs

Interesting that you're taking a 2 year hiatus from BB at such a relatively young age....burnout ? :popcorn:

Not at all. You can only build muscle in a caloric surplus naturally and I need some time to put on more size. I competed in 2009, 2010, and 3 shows in 2011. By the time you recover from a show, you only have maybe 6 months of a true offseason to make any improvements before you have to start dieting again. Once you obtain your pro card, you HAVE to compete every 2 years to keep it, which if you think about it is only a good year to make improvements which is not a lot of time. I want a slight "head start" and make some good gains until then. Ive been tolf my numerous natural pros I currently am at that level, but its a whole new playing field in the pro scene so I dont want to debut looking too much like a rookie.

Excellent, Tom !!! :partydance: 46 minutes to complete a 2.21 mile trail is moving pretty good.

The Deems (?) Hill trails are also really nice and long. The trail heads are at the park that is just north of the Stetson II subdivision and run along the hills that are bordering the Stetson subdivision you used to live in. They are less congested than the Thunderbird trails :thumbs

There are two problems with the new Deem Hills trails.

1. They present no more challenge than the wimpy west side trail at Thunderbird. If you can ride a quad on it, then it's just one step removed from being paved. They closed off most of the old trails that were rated 3-4.

2. By being less congested, there are also less hot babes to see.

I'm not real happy that Glendale smoothed out the big T-bird trail last year and cut it from a solid 4 to barely over a 3.

Using my tax dollars to pave several never-used handicap parking places for mountain hikers to use, doesn't make sense either. It's almost like reserving front row seating at a movie theater for blind people only. :banghead