Red Tails

Buccaneer

Saw it today with the wife. I thought it was a great movie, a little slow in parts, but still a good movie and worth seeing if you are a WWII fan or war-bird aircraft buff. The wife even liked it and she's not really into that stuff. She was impressed with their honor to country.Not sure how true to life the entire movie was, but I do know they never lost a bomber that was under their protection, that in itself is a huge accomplishment. :thumbs :thumbs Up!

This is a "must see" movie for me. I'm a WWII junkie and I have had the priveledge to listen to a speech by one of the them a few years back before I retired at Luke.

Is this movie about the same as the one from a few years back (Tuskeegee Airmen)?

Yep it is Joe. I think its much better than what has been out about them in the past. I can't believe our military was so discriminatory back then, the Tuskegee Airmen squadron 332nd kicked ass as flyers and nobody has exceeded them to date in what they accomplished. :partydance: They did lose 66 airmen though during the campaign.

Can't wait to see it. Here's a photo of me with James Harvey III - the real guy.

Posted Image

THAT'S FRICKIN' AWESOME!!! :rockon2:

Is this movie about the same as the one from a few years back (Tuskeegee Airmen)?

Yep it is Joe. I think its much better than what has been out about them in the past. I can't believe our military was so discriminatory back then, the Tuskegee Airmen squadron 332nd kicked ass as flyers and nobody has exceeded them to date in what they accomplished. :partydance: They did lose 66 airmen though during the campaign.

Can't wait to see it. Here's a photo of me with James Harvey III - the real guy.

Posted Image

THAT'S FRICKIN' AWESOME!!! :rockon2:

Bring him to an ACE event - I wanna buy his lunch / dinner and drinks! :flag

yep ... i'm a junkie too .... especially the flying stuff ...... these guys were the real deal considering all they had to fly was the left over junk nobody else would fly ....

Posted Image

I saw it last night. At times the acting was a bit stiff/scripted. But overall it was a great portrayal of these outstanding Airmen. CGI of the flying scenes is excellent and its hard to tell the differences between actual aircraft and Computer graphics. Two thumbs up