Gila Bend BBQ X (<-- #10)

Desertdawg

After lots of hours this week and the past weekend, we're gonna be able to make this most awesome event ..... so ... Jackie and I are IN !!! Posted Image

Will see you east siders at AZ Mills at 9am !!! Looks like an awesome temp day ... so will likely be bringing out the roadster for its first event !!!

Posted Image Dawg !!!!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• TheCMSH

• Extender32

• TonyYak

Anyone from Tucson wanna hook up for the drive to Heela Bend? I'm in Marana (Dove Mountain). Thanks

In years past we have met up at Cortaro and I-10. Figure we meet there 930-ish and roll at 10?

Howdy! Please add Larry & Carol Rich from Lake Havasu City to the BBQ list! We haven't missed many over the years and we look forward to seeing old and new friends!

sorry guys, I gotta go up north to make some money this weekend. I'm tryin to get current on the vette, after I pay some on monday, I'll be current till the 29th.lol wish I could come. I will make it next time.

ChadC and I are meeting at the Circle K at 67 Ave and W Happy Valley Road at 9:45 to head down to Avondale if anyone wants to go with us on Saturday.

ChadC and I are meeting at the Circle K at 67 Ave and W Happy Valley Road at 9:45 to head down to Avondale if anyone wants to go with us on Saturday.

Kinda out of my way a bit but I'll probably meet up with you two

We might catch you there. I think Dave and Brandy, and AJ and Terry are meeting me at my house, which is just a stone's throw from the Circle K. :thumbs

Anyone from Tucson wanna hook up for the drive to Heela Bend? I'm in Marana (Dove Mountain). Thanks

In years past we have met up at Cortaro and I-10. Figure we meet there 930-ish and roll at 10?

Sounds good, meet in a parking lot or where?

Sounds good, meet in a parking lot or where?

Wendys parking lot on cortaro just east of i 10. Look in the events section (this section), i started a thread on it. Meet up at 930 roll out around 10...

The list has been updated again... Teh BBQ beef is going well, spent 2+ hours this morning shredding, one more batch to cook this afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon is potato salad day, :ack: 40 pounds of potato's to peel, cut, and cook, 24 eggs to boil, peel, dice... :ahhhh:

You've heard about it...

You've waited for it...

Call it what you want, it's here !!!

I'm gonna fire up teh microwave and fix some viddles, ya'll come on down and we'll call it a party.

It's the Gila Bend BBQ X!

and it's on Saturday, Feb. 25th.

Show up

Eat

Leave

warning: you may experience uncontrollable smiling while attending this ACE event.

Once again I suggest the westside route because 90% of the way is now a 4 lane divided highway, nuf said!

NE Phx / Scottsdale group

meet at the Sears Outlet (old Kmart) 32nd St / Cactus.

Leave by 9:30 am to meet at west side.

Far East side group

meet at Chevron at Guadalupe and Gilbert (NE corner)

Leave by 8:30 am to meet at AZ Mills

East side group

meet at AZ Mills at El Pollo Loco (east side of mall)

Leave by 9:30 am to meet at west side

West side group

Meet at I-10 and Estrella Parkway on McDowell (BevMo/Toys R Us parking lot)

Leave at 10:15 am or after all other groups arrive.

Northwest side group

Meet at the Circle K at N 67 Ave and W Happy Valley Rd (southeast corner)

Leave at 9:45 am to meet at west side

Tucson group (or person)

Get on I-10 west to I-8 then drive for a long time

Get off at Gila Bend.

Yuma group

Get on I-8 east

Drive long boring, flat, straight freeway until you see Gila Bend. then exit.

Gila Bend group

Leave house at 11:59am arrive at noon!

Please let me know if any of these times are locations need updating...

Want Maps?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

From The Corvette Magazine Thread

I'll be bringing my copy to the BBQ for an autograph!! :partydance:

Good idea. Since we are going to have a celebrity there, is there going to be a "Celebrity Booth" for those that bring the magazine to have autographed? If so I might just make this great event. :flag

O no thanks, that magic marker is tuff to get off. O .. wait .. you didn't mean man-boobs ... nm. -evil grin-

The list has been updated again...

Teh BBQ beef is going well, spent 2+ hours this morning shredding, one more batch to cook this afternoon.

Tomorrow afternoon is potato salad day, :ack:

40 pounds of potato's to peel, cut, and cook, 24 eggs to boil, peel, dice... :ahhhh:

40 lbs of potato salad? I'm going to have to wear my Thanksgiving pants then! Thanks for all your very hard work. I will eat well to honor your awesome effort! :yourock:

Updated the list for the last time, anyone else signs up they will just have to start their own list :lol As of 11 pm tonight we have just about 100 pounds of BBQ cooked, pulled and ready to be sauced. Tomorrow is potato salad day....