Gila Bend BBQ X (<-- #10)

Desertdawg

Why must all the awesome ACE events conflict with prior scheduled AZDG events? :( I'm a negative.

Mir,

As soon as I got the Vette you told me that I needed to join ACE. I have attended every ACE event since I joined and you haven't been to any that I've been to. Are you afraid to drive your Z to the west valley or what? You'll never get to see the centennial edition if you don't come out and play with us every now and then.

I've just been busy and that's the truth. The weekend of Gila Bend is the AZDG BBQ which I had already committed to, plus it's Jason's birthday. And yes, the Westside is faaaaaaaar when you're an east sider hahah. I will make it out sooner or later (hopefully sooner) because I definitely want to see the Centennial edition :ACE:

I understand being busy and all and being a ways to drive. Hell, I even drove all the way from the westside of town just to meet up when we did the last lunch down in Casa Grand. If I can do it, so can you.

HERE HERE! :partydance: SOMETIMES I JUST DRIVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO...

SLAMMER :bang

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• TheCMSH

• Extender32

• TonyYak

I WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE with my brand new red and white Gila Bend BBQ tee shirt I'll be sporting. SLAMMER :bang

Why must all the awesome ACE events conflict with prior scheduled AZDG events? :( I'm a negative.

Mir,

As soon as I got the Vette you told me that I needed to join ACE. I have attended every ACE event since I joined and you haven't been to any that I've been to. Are you afraid to drive your Z to the west valley or what? You'll never get to see the centennial edition if you don't come out and play with us every now and then.

I've just been busy and that's the truth. The weekend of Gila Bend is the AZDG BBQ which I had already committed to, plus it's Jason's birthday. And yes, the Westside is faaaaaaaar when you're an east sider hahah. I will make it out sooner or later (hopefully sooner) because I definitely want to see the Centennial edition :ACE:

I understand being busy and all and being a ways to drive. Hell, I even drove all the way from the westside of town just to meet up when we did the last lunch down in Casa Grand. If I can do it, so can you.

HERE HERE! :partydance: SOMETIMES I JUST DRIVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO...

SLAMMER :bang

Yep, I agree 100% it's a great way to get out and meet a bunch of Nuts, I mean people and to kill a Sat afternoon. Last Sat was so nice that I had to go on a cruise by my lonsesome down the Vulture Mine road. It would have been nice to have had a little of company.

wickedfastvette

buy an awesome car, then complain about having to drive it. just think, every event I attend starts off with a 70 mile drive...

well every event except the Gila Bend BBQ :hat

Can you believe Miranda has been a member for 2 years and I haven't met her yet!!!

Yep I hear ya Dwayne! Mine start with an 90 mile drive and I do it all the time! Miranda get your butt to an event so we can meet you and bring Dean (MOTV8) with you I have never had the pleasure of meeting him either :banannarainbow:

Looks like I'm out for the moment. :banghead If anything changes I will let you know. Had to cancel a car show for the 18th as well.

Am planning on attending, we may be a little late as we have a breakfast to go to in Mesa, So count us in.

Add Tony and Nancy :cheers Will be getting off work that morning, so doubt I can make the rendezvous, but will see y'all there :howdy

Kami and I are in on this as well. Is there power at this site? If so, I can bring my small 1000 watt PA (someone will need to help me out with the speakers as I have a vert with not much space to haul) and we can play music from my or anyone elses iPod if my music doesn't suit you. Even if I bring my small speakers we will have plenty of sound. I can bring a microphone and stand as well for announcements and the like.

Guest badbobs95

If i have a couple newbies comin who do i talk to? Bringing 2 vetters that dont belong to the club a 2000 and a 2008 comin.

Jake, you don't have to talk to anyone. Just tell them to sign up and become members. If they want to come, they will end up becoming members anyway. Don't forget to tell them how expensive it is to belong! Posted Image After they meet Marco, they just might say NO WAY! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageOh man, I love giving him crap!

Hey,, going to bring a guitar, I'm not a very good player,( mostly basic chords) but I can get by, does anyone else play ???

If you can play "Amazing Grace" Dawg will give you the driving directions. :facepalm:

Guest likenew

Sharon and I were all set to come on down, but I am having surgery tomorrow and will be in the hospital a couple of days. When I get out I will be on a liquid diet for 2 to 3 weeks and no beer does not count :( So if we were to come and I saw all that real good BBQ eats I will be sooooooo depressed that I can not eat any so we are going to have to pass again this year :( Hope that you all have a great time and I am so looking forward to seeing pictures from the event. Joe

I have updated the list in the first post, please check it to make sure your name is on it...

I have 4 people total coming from Velocity Vettes to join the BBQ

is that 4 people or 4 vettes with up to 8 people???

I can bring my small 1000 watt PA

I don't think we'll need it, thanks for the offer though... :thumbs

And, welcome to ACE to the new members, thanks for signing up, and we all look forward to meeting you at the BBQ!