Super T10 Rebuild Help?

AdamMeh

Our '77 is a factory 4spd (BW Super t10) car and has the numbers matching trans. When we purchased the car the trans was making noise upon deceleration in 1st gear only. Push in the clutch and the noise went away. All other gears seemed to be OK. Since I have the motor and trans out I'd like to go through the trans before putting it back in. I have purchased a rebuild kit - gaskets, seals, bearings, bushings and synchros. I have never rebuilt a transmission before and it seems like a press is needed for a couple of the steps. I don't have access to a press which is going to make this a little tough to do myself. Plus, no experience with this doesn't allow me to really know what to look for when inspecting the internals. I'm normally not one to ask for help, but I think this would be a good time to ask. Is there anyone who is familiar with this type of trans and would be able / willing to help me out with this project? I not financially able to pay a shop to do this so I'm hoping someone here might be willing to take on this project with me? Maybe a little trade out for some web or graphic design work? Sorry if I sound cheap - I'm not really - just the reality of the situation. Shooting to get this trans rebuilt in the next 7-10 days if possible. I have a tentative engine/trans install date on the 7th of January. Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide! :thumbs Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up taking this to a shop. I just don't have a trained eye for this project and don't want to end up pulling it out of the car while laying on the concrete garage floor.