Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) vs barometer when N/A

FNBADAZ06

OK....the synthetic Barometer value according to the car's various sensory input showed 28.94 in Hg......well below the TRUE barometer reading from Tom's weather station (and Deer Valley Airport weather station) of 30.16 in Hg. I'm confident the car's baro value is skewed due to the MAP sensor.

So the question is, does this synthetic 28.94 inHg value have ANY effect on WOT operation when the car is in open loop ?

What about closed loop part throttle cruise ? Seem's if the MAP played into the equation in this operational envelope, the car would determine that the car was operating at a higher altitude than it really is, and adjust the fueling and timing accordingly....then the O2's would see this descrepency in the AFR and command injector timing adjustments.

Am I way off on this ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Two Fangs

• NicD

• Ted Y

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, you're not off. If the car needs to adjust fueling based on MAP at cruise, it has a wide range (+25% t0 -25%) to do so.

When MAF is in control, I am not sure it really matters. By now, the car has learned these values and has adjusted adaptive strategies accordingly.

In interestingly enough, my BARO showed 104 kPa.

Posted Image

Should this MAP thing be of any concern to me ? Am I right in that open loop WOT isn't paying any attention to the MAP ?

It should not be of any concern. The car takes the value and uses it as an an absolute, even though it is not. It will take information from fuel trims and airflow data to ensure the car is running at its optimum. The big test will be to see how close BARO and and MAP come at WOT. Additionally, when I started my car, it said BARO was 97, but by the time I had driven it a couple of miles, it had corrected to 104. All is good, dude. Now, go run a 10.

It should not be of any concern.

The car takes the value and uses it as an an absolute, even though it is not.

It will take information from fuel trims and airflow data to ensure the car is running at its optimum. The big test will be to see how close BARO and and MAP come at WOT.

Additionally, when I started my car, it said BARO was 97, but by the time I had driven it a couple of miles, it had corrected to 104.

All is good, dude. Now, go run a 10.

Hhhhmmmm......104 kPa. You must have some type of ram-air induction, huh ? : :smilelol:bolt:

Thanks for all the info and education, Mr. TwoSnails :partydance:

The MAP going over 150 kPa may have has something to do with it, LOL :3gears:

Good Lord.....you live where barometric pressure is 44.30 inHg !!!!! :smilelol