Our '77 Project

AdamMeh

Lookin mity fine .......... ya gotta love being able to see engine color .... and not just a bunch a wires & hoses .... you've done a fine job !!!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdamMeh

• Bromley's Corvettes

• Desertdawg

• LastC3

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to make the real bracket for the fender. The one I used here is just to hold the regulator in place for plumbing purposes. I need to make one that will clear the hood when it shuts, but I'm not even sure where to get the materials (thinking aluminum sheet) for this part of it. Any advice on this? Maybe someone that could bend up something like this for me if I gave them the specs and a drawing to go by? It's not a complex piece really.

I used my McGuyver type skills to make you a bracket, let me know if you want me to send it to you....

Posted Image

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to make the real bracket for the fender. The one I used here is just to hold the regulator in place for plumbing purposes. I need to make one that will clear the hood when it shuts, but I'm not even sure where to get the materials (thinking aluminum sheet) for this part of it. Any advice on this? Maybe someone that could bend up something like this for me if I gave them the specs and a drawing to go by? It's not a complex piece really.

Shoot over the info ... let me see what we can do ........ We;ve got some scap alum around ....

Thanks for the offer! I appreciate your willingness to help out another C3 guy :) I had already called a local AC shop and they are bending me one up to my specs for $15. Said I could pick it up this afternoon. Can't turn that down lol

Posted Image

Adam

You have an IMCA modified tire. Transported a few engines and dropped a whole bunch of 55 gallon methanol drums on those tires. :)

Awesome project!!

Thanks Dale!

Had the real regulator bracket made and got everything mounted up this weekend. Pretty happy with the results - good clearance for the hood and didn't have to drill a single hole by using the existing one in the fender lip.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep... we'll get to the paint eventually. Lots of bugs to work out before we head down that road.