Our '77 Project

AdamMeh

We are close to having everything back in. I hooked the battery up today and started testing some of the wiring issues that I was aware of before we gutted the engine compartment. Have some issues to fix, but we're getting closer to starting it up.

Posted Image

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdamMeh

• Bromley's Corvettes

• Desertdawg

• LastC3

Thanks Doug, and yes we are. I was just excited to see some lights have power to them again. Felt like it was actually coming alive again. :partydance:

Got a few things done this weekend. Engine details are almost done now

Posted Image

Spent the weekend working on the interior as well. pulled the entire dash out and fixed all of the interior and exerior lights (there were none working anywhere). We now have dash light, interior lights, head lights, brake and blinkers, park lights, license plate light and side marker lights. I also am installing the new dash pad that came with the car. WHEW. :)

Will post up a couple of pics of the interior once I get it finsihed up.

Bromley's Corvettes

Dash work always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy lol j/k. I never look forward to working on a vette dash there so much fun always find more things wrong and usually Bubba that's been busy.

I'm right there with you Doug... not a fan of dash work in any car, and these are the worst lol such a small area to work in.

Thank you Duane :thumbs

Here are some update photos:

I made up more of the before/after shots. They seem to show the progress the best.

Engine before / after shots that are a little more of a complete comparison:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the interior (so far)

Posted Image

I think the gauges and the dash cap turned out pretty nice. I ended up peeling almost all of the old cracked vinyl off of the original dash pad to get the cap to fit properly but it was worth it. The cap came with the car and to keep costs down for now we used it.

Posted Image

Sort of hard to get a good shot of this, but the interior lights and gauge lights now work :yesnod:

Posted Image

Thanks for looking,

Adam

Holy crap!!! Nice work!

:thankyou: It's a great feeling when they start coming together. And it's nice to have my garage back :)

The stereo that came with the car is junk, so I'm using it to fill the hole for now. I did buy some new Sony 4 way speakers and wired them into the dash for when we get a new stereo. Also ran speaker wires to the back for when we get the rear speakers. Should keep me from having to tear things apart later. :thumbs

Damn Nice Adam.....but your coolant overflow reservoir looks like crap.

Get some of this...Posted ImageorPosted Image

Dilute it 50/50 with water, pour it in and if needed add some small gravel or washers or whatever... then seal up and shake shake shake.

After a day or two it should look really nice....

Disclaimer: please remove the reservoir from the vehicle before shaking!

The bottle looks good now, the lid is discolored. I'll replace it once the priority stuff is taken care of. :thumbs

IT IS ALIVE! :rockon2: Did the first break in run late this afternoon. Sounds awesome! We ran out of daylight so we'll do the second run tomorrow. Some carb adjusting is needed etc, but it sounds great. Temp held between 190 and 210. Ran closer to 210 until I got the timing setup then dropped back down to about 190 and held there for the rest of the run. I'll shoot a little video tomorrow and get it posted up. I'm going to get some sleep now, so see you in about 20 hours :partydance:

Very nice Adam... :thumbs I was at Adam's yesterday and I'm happy to report that the overflow bottle looks way better than in the pictures above!

Very nice Adam... :thumbs

I was at Adam's yesterday and I'm happy to report that the overflow bottle looks way better than in the pictures above!

LOL! Thanks Duane. Was nice to meet you and your wife yesterday. Hope the your daughter is happy with the table as well. :thumbs

Thanks for all the awesome support and comments! You are right about that Doug. It turned over maybe twice and fired right off. I think I have the tuning pretty good now. Did a cold start yesterday - pumped the gas once to set the choke and it fired right up and went to cold idle speed, warmed up, blipped the throttle and it went to warm idle. Let it run and get up to full temp and all sounds good. Just a little adjustment needed on the rockers and I'm ready to dig into the brakes so I can get it moving and test drive it. Caliper rebuild kits should be here Wed. or Thursday. :thumbs

OK... Since it moves now, I've started in on the brakes so it will stop. Took the rotors, pads, caliper and master cylinder kits over to have them put together. When we're done, we'll have a brand new brake system right down to the proportioning valve. :cool

Front rotors are turned and installed - wheel bearings repacked etc. Rear rotors are being turned now as well as all 4 calipers and master cylinder being rebuilt. Calipers have been SS sleeved. New brake lines are being used.

Posted Image

All new e-brake system being installed while the rears are off

Posted Image