Stock 2006 C6 Z06 dyno number..FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

Seems like a good place to re-post what my starting dyno graph looks like before the mods and tuning begin.

LPM, last year's dyno day :thumbs

About average for a stock C6 Z06 as compared to others across the Country on chassis dynos.

Posted Image

the video...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UiECfDyKQc&feature=feedu

Yea, I have noticed the C6Zs have quite the variance. Ive seen anywhere between 440 to upwards of 470 to the tire stock.

Yea, I have noticed the C6Zs have quite the variance. Ive seen anywhere between 440 to upwards of 470 to the tire stock.

I'm not sure what the water temps were on this run, but the dyno read 86*+ at the time of the dyno pull (see chart)......right on the cusp of IAT's where timing begins to get pulled.

Maybe I'll bring her in for one more pull after Thanksgiving. I'd really like to know if the GT+ is making me a bit more power at the track.

I guess sometime this winter when the temps are cool, I'll take C4orce2 to LPM and have it dynoed on their DynoJet. Based on the results on Dyno Comps loaded dyno earlier this year (429 rwhp, 442 rwtq), I expect the rwhp to be around 470-490. Since everyone compares their numbers off of a DynoJet instead of a loaded dyno, I'll have LPM do a pull or two and see how they come out. When I do that I'll post the results or at least tell everyone what they are.

I guess sometime this winter when the temps are cool, I'll take C4orce2 to LPM and have it dynoed on their DynoJet. Based on the results on Dyno Comps loaded dyno earlier this year (429 rwhp, 442 rwtq), I expect the rwhp to be around 470-490. Since everyone compares their numbers off of a DynoJet instead of a loaded dyno, I'll have LPM do a pull or two and see how they come out. When I do that I'll post the results or at least tell everyone what they are.

What mods do you have done to the motor and what is it exactly? I've had people go get dynod at dyno comp before and gotten the whole spiel about how their numbers are so much lower than a dynojet only to have them redyno on a dynojet and make a whopping 10 more horsepower or less. Nobody likes to compare loaded dyno numbers to each other because it's highly dependent on the operator and how the dyno is calibrated ie the operator can make it read higher or lower which throws the whole accuracy argument not just out of the window but off the planet.

What it traps is a better indication in my opinion. If you know what your car weighs with you in it, you can get pretty darn close on what HP it takes to get the mph.

As hard as it may seem, I try not to get hung up on numbers. Blipping a peak number is miniscule compared to the data the rest of the curve gives you.

Area under the curve for the win! I've seen a couple articles reference average HP and TQ. The head comparison was one of them. You don't use peak power to accelerate. You use an RPM range(the curve). Once you know your rpm drops on gear changes, you can see where you engine is operating and modify your car accordingly. I've done monster camshafts and I'm over it for a daily driver.

Hey Victor, ask LPM to plot your dyno chart on the same scale thet they used for Jon. It'll give you a nearly flat torque curve that'll allow you to shift at any RPM, so you can hit that 10 second goal. :smilelol

What mods do you have done to the motor and what is it exactly? I've had people go get dynod at dyno comp before and gotten the whole spiel about how their numbers are so much lower than a dynojet only to have them redyno on a dynojet and make a whopping 10 more horsepower or less. Nobody likes to compare loaded dyno numbers to each other because it's highly dependent on the operator and how the dyno is calibrated ie the operator can make it read higher or lower which throws the whole accuracy argument not just out of the window but off the planet.

The build is discussed in the thread "C4 conversion to LS3 hot cam" which is under the Classic Glass section. It is a LS3 Hot Cam, long tube headers, 3" exhaust, etc. I had DynoComp do the tune since its E67 computer is the same as the one in the CTSV Caddy and they had tuned several of those in the past. It was tuned with the HP Tuner program since others confirmed that the EFI program would not work. I was going to have LPM tune it on their new loaded dyno but Mike wanted first to be trained on their new machine and use my car as part of the training. He kept putting that off since they were busy and I grew impatient. I asked you if you wanted to tune it for me but you wanted to see all the docs concerning the build, some of which I did not have, before you considered doing the tune. After hearing back from you and seeing that LPM was not ready to try it on their loaded dyno, I discussed the situation with Wes Burch (the builder of the computer interface) and he recommended that I go with DynoComp since they did not seem to have any concerns about doing it. I had the tune done not to show huge numbers, but to solve some driveability problems I was having with the build.

I only tell people what I have been told and shown by DynoComp, namely that on their Dyno Dynamics loaded dyno an automatic 2 wheel rear wheel driven car will show a 27% drop off from SAE net to rwhp. That would put the 429 rwhp on their machine convert to 587.7 SAE net hp (429/.73=587.7). If you just use the normal dynojet numbers of a 17-20% drop off from SAE net to rwhp with an automatic tranny, that would put the car at 517-536hp. Personally I couldn't care less what the numbers are and will not mention them again. :banghead

Ahh yes I remember it now, I believe the last thing we talked about was going down to corvette restoration to plug in but I said I'm sorry I do not work with that shop and you would need to bring it down to one of the shops that I do work with to continue. Only reason I mentioned the dyno numbers and dyno comp is because I've had several people bring their cars to dyno comp and get dynod only to get the same spiel on how much better a loaded dyno is than a dynojet and how their numbers are so much lower when in reality they aren't. If I had more time I would do a write up on why a loaded dyno does not equal a better tune especially in the driveability department.

Steve, maybe I can sneak the car in on Monday, November 21 in the morning to put it back on the dyno ? Let me know if that works for LPM :thumbs

Steve, maybe I can sneak the car in on Monday, November 21 in the morning to put it back on the dyno ?

Let me know if that works for LPM :thumbs

Got you down for the morning of the 21st :driving:

Steve, maybe I can sneak the car in on Monday, November 21 in the morning to put it back on the dyno ?

Excellent, and thank you.

that awesome Victor .... the temps are still supposed to be down so you should be able to get some pretty accurate readings ..... and the mods start when .??? :partydance:

Thanks to new member Jon...as he is letting me borrow his HP Tuners scanner to log some vital information during my runs tonight :partydance: Thanks again, Jon, for the gracious offer :thumbs

No problem. Go run that 10!

Thanks again, Jon.

Two Snails......incoming PM !!!! :partydance:

I included Nic in the PM too.

No problem. Go run that 10!

Thanks again, Jon.

Two Snails......incoming PM !!!! :partydance:

I included Nic in the PM too.

3some?

No homo....

:funnypost: Word.

Had do download updated drivers for the MPVI USB channels to show up.

I think I'm good to go....hopefully :)

I'll be there, what time? :thumbs

I'll be there, what time? :thumbs

As early as possible....when they open :partydance:

We can then let the car sit and cool the ECT's, and maybe I'll have a wideband by then to see what the AFR's are....especially with the GT+ fuel.

If I hook a wideband up and see that it's real rich, I can just add nitrous until it gets to where I want it. :banannarainbow:

Looks like Monday, November 21, 2011 will be a good day to dyno :) And this time, maybe get some O2 readings as well to go with the graphs.