Contagion

Desertdawg

A thriller centered on the threat posed by a deadly disease and an international team of doctors contracted by the CDC to deal with the outbreak. Me and Jammye went to see this one last week, kinda really makes you think just how quick something would spread... scary!

A thriller centered on the threat posed by a deadly disease and an international team of doctors contracted by the CDC to deal with the outbreak.

Me and Jammye went to see this one last week, kinda really makes you think just how quick something would spread... scary!

FYI - portions of this movie were filmed at real CDC locations. Many of the activities shown for dealing with such an occurance are real. We have emergency response drills at the state health department on a regular basis for responding to pandemics, natural disasters and terrorist activity - anything that could impact health/lives on a widespread basis. There is a huge, mostly invisible network of federal, state, county and private sector agencies and health personnel all connected and ready to respond immediately.

One area where your state tax dollars are going to good use.

BTW - wash your hands. . . :lol

I crap you negative, the scariest book I evah read is called The Hot Zone, and it's non-fiction. All about the outbreak(s) of Ebola and Marburg. Sounds like a good movie! :lol

• 3 weeks later...