North 2 Alask........ummm, Seattle

Desertdawg

the moment I read that post I remembered my last boat trip, I arrived 24 hours Early.

if I would have thought of that tip I would have shared it sooner. I'm sorry buddy.

you can go to the space needle

Posted Image

400 Broad Street (seattle Center)

Seattle, Washington 98109

(206) 905-2111

Posted Image

Experience Music Project (EMP)

325 Fifth Ave North

Seattle, Washington 98109

(206) 770-2700

The Guitar Gallery

The Northwest Passage (history of seattle music from the 40's to today)

Jimi Hendrix Gallery

or (and I woulld TOTALY do this)

Posted Image

Seattle SeaPlanes

1325 Fairview Avenue East

Seattle 98102

(206) 329-9638

$900 is a lot of cash and you miss , what, 2 days of a 6 day boat ride? soyou are spending more money on a lesser trip?

what are the refunds? or canyou get a credit for another boat trip next year?

you could stay in Seattle and just do a walk about.

simply start walking.

when you see something of interest look further.

when you are hungery eat.

when you are tired sleep.

dont plan a single thing. Live for the moment.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• jstrutt

• P51tj

• ChadC

Ok, now that's some serious bogus-ness. Shouldn't SWA being compensating, refunding you or something??? That's total crap!!! :toetap They screwed up my reservation in Reno this year. Wasn't nearlly as big a deal as yours since I didn't miss any kind of connection and got a room upgrade instead. To me this is totally their fault and should take care of it.

Looks like we're stuck with Seattle. We'll still try to get some pictures of our new adventure for you guys. Tim, the flight wasnt non-stop. There was a 20 minute stop schedualed in SJ. It just turned into a SNAFU pretty quickly. There were about 30 other people that missed sailings yesterday too. Since I booked the air travel myself and didnt buy the insurance for anything we're just going to have to eat it.

Ok, now that's some serious bogus-ness. Shouldn't SWA being compensating, refunding you or something???

That's total crap!!! :toetap

They screwed up my reservation in Reno this year. Wasn't nearlly as big a deal as yours since I didn't miss any kind of connection and got a room upgrade instead. To me this is totally their fault and should take care of it.

not to be a downer, but good luck. I seriously doubt it.

In with dealing with cruses there are 2 rules of thumb.

1: arrive at the departure point 24 hours in advance.

2: serously consider the insurance. IF something happens at the departure point OR the boat leaves you while at a port of call the insurance will cover (reimburse) your transport to the next port of call.

Ok, now that's some serious bogus-ness. Shouldn't SWA being compensating, refunding you or something???

That's total crap!!! :toetap

They screwed up my reservation in Reno this year. Wasn't nearlly as big a deal as yours since I didn't miss any kind of connection and got a room upgrade instead. To me this is totally their fault and should take care of it.

Why is poor planning SWA's fault? Any experienced cruiser will tell you to arrive 24 hrs ahead of departure not 3 hrs. Anyone that travels via air knows anything can happen. Besides I'll bet somewhere SWA has a disclaimer in their booking.

If it helps Dawg I have about 150 pics we took on that cruise about 2 yrs ago. I could forward them to you. You're the Photochop guru. You could just chop the two of you in and pretend. :lol

Truly sorry for yins aggravation and truly sorry it had to be SWA, can happen to any air carrier! 24 hours prior or a non stop flight for future reference. Sometimes taking a connecting flight will bite ya. Next time I see yins I have a little more info for ya, nothing to help out just to a little more info on what all happened with that flight.

OH DOES THAT SUCK! :facepalm: Why didn't you leave the day before though? Never trust air travel to get you there when you want it to. Jus sayin'. Hope it works out for you two.

f it helps Dawg I have about 150 pics we took on that cruise about 2 yrs ago. I could forward them to you. You're the Photochop guru. You could just chop the two of you in and pretend.

Mannn... Eddie, that's jus wrong, but I did chuckle a little. :huh:

OH DOES THAT SUCK! :facepalm: Why didn't you leave the day before though? Never trust air travel to get you there when you want it to. Jus sayin'. Hope it works out for you two.

f it helps Dawg I have about 150 pics we took on that cruise about 2 yrs ago. I could forward them to you. You're the Photochop guru. You could just chop the two of you in and pretend.

Mannn... Eddie, that's jus wrong, but I did chuckle a little. :huh:

I couldn't pass it up and I'm sure Dawg will give it back someday.

Second cruise but the first time to fly to one, everyone I asked said 3 hours to get from the airport to the dock was plenty of time. No one could have predicted the plAne breaking down. Like I said before, I'm not a fan of insurance or warranties. So you can say we gambled and lost. SWA compensated us enough to cover out plane tickets and we'll get our fees and taxes back, plus the cost of the excursions we paid for so it's not a total loss but we're still out over 2 grand. Oh well, I guess there's always next year since it's Alaska is still on out bucket list.

Today we went to the Seattle aquarium and saw some cool critters and thier 400,000 gallon tank that you can stand under. Then we walked next door to the aquarium and ate seafood, Jammye enjoyed crab legs and I had grilled halibut. nom nom nom.

Today we went to the Seattle aquarium and saw some cool critters and thier 400,000 gallon tank that you can stand under. Then we walked next door to the aquarium and ate seafood, Jammye enjoyed crab legs and I had grilled halibut. nom nom nom.

Make the best of it there's next year. :thumbs

Dawg, Take the ferry to Bremmerton, it is a really nice scenic boat ride, for minimal cost. There are a few bars just after you get off the ferry in Bremerton. Alos, Oyster shooters....nummm nummm numm....

You could take a tour of the Boeing plant and complain to them about their aircraft! :smilelol

Winner, winner chicken dinner :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

First screw up of the day Seattle to Phoenix delayed 4 + hours. Now sitting in Salt Lake instead Sure hope we get out of here on time SWA is working hard to earn some disgruntled passengers.