Emissions FAIL...

F22trainer

TEST #1: ...I passed the gas cap test, but everything else failed - double the allowable. TEST #2 ...passed the sniffer test and gas cap, but failed the pressure test. Battery died on the rollers after shutdown. TEST #3 ...failed the sniffer test and pressure test. I checked the connections at teh tank and they were good - found a hose up front going to the evap cannister, that was brittle and hard with a split behind the clamp so I figured I had found the problem. After I got the cats and O2 sensor replaced (before test2), I also added a tube of Alumaseal. I noticed an immediate change in temps as there was no more wild swings from high to low...before the test I drove to and from Tempe back to the test station at Deer Valley, with A/C on and the temp was a steady 140 +/- 3 degrees and when I got off the freeway it stayed at 150. I kept it running while I waited in line and it crept slowly over the 30 minute wait, up to 200 and stayed there. So, new cats and sensor, new battery, and 1 new hose, and a tube of Alumaseal - this car is killing me... :banghead:banghead:banghead I think I'm going to get Donna's moms' Miata for a DD...

We may have already discussed this on another thread, but I assume you cannot qualify the car as "collectible" under the AZ program that would exempt your car from all emmissions testing. If not, go to the pinned thread under Classic Glass that talks about that program.

Bromley's Corvettes

Well at least you fixed the temp problem lol. You should stop having to add coolant now so that will be nice. Posted Image

Well at least you fixed the temp problem lol. You should stop having to add coolant now so that will be nice. Posted Image

:werd:

I'm VERY happy about that!

We may have already discussed this on another thread, but I assume you cannot qualify the car as "collectible" under the AZ program that would exempt your car from all emmissions testing. If not, go to the pinned thread under Classic Glass that talks about that program.

got a big "no go" on that my friend - but I tried.

Bromley's Corvettes

I could build you a new mid pipe with huge high cap cats and save your bullet set up or even cut out the bullets so you have a smog exhaust set up and a high flow set up to drive it with. I will make you a ACE deal Posted Image

Sorry to hear the troubles you are going thru with the emissions. At least I have one good reason for living in Ajo, no emission requirement down here. Jerry

Sorry to hear the troubles you are going thru with the emissions.

At least I have one good reason for living in Ajo, no emission requirement down here.

Jerry

I knew I should have bought Jacks' vette when I had the chance... :facepalm:

:smilelol

Sorry to hear the troubles you are going thru with the emissions.

At least I have one good reason for living in Ajo, no emission requirement down here.

Jerry

I knew I should have bought Jacks' vette when I had the chance... :facepalm:

:smilelol

I'm sure even if I needed to have it tested I think it would pass, being 100% stock and running perfect. You know, now that I think of it, I could register my vehicles either here in Ajo or my other house I have in Cochise County, near Sierra Vista. Both places are exempt emissions for all vehicles. I haven't needed to get an emissions test since I lived near Detroit, over 12 years ago.

It's either a DD or collectible which means if you drive it to work regularly they will not give a collectible insurance card and you will need to have it emmisioned.

It's either a DD or collectible which means if you drive it to work regularly they will not give a collectible insurance card and you will need to have it emmisioned.

Most Insurance companies require a second vehicle if you're insuring one as collectible. Hagerty required us to have two additional to insure the 66 as collectible

FINALLY PASSED... Joe found a damaged fuel vent line under the car going to the evap cannister, and it passed the sniffer when he took it through cold - 150 degrees coolant temp. I'm good for another 2 years!!! Maybe I can get that C5 around then...

Bromley's Corvettes

Cool and its crazy all it takes is one little thing to make you pass or fail. Maybe cats and temp was never really that big a deal it was the fuel vent line the whole time lol. A C-5 in two years or less sounds like a great plan Posted Image

Cool and its crazy all it takes is one little thing to make you pass or fail. Maybe cats and temp was never really that big a deal it was the fuel vent line the whole time lol. A C-5 in two years or less sounds like a great plan Posted Image

Naw...Joe said it was definitely cats and O2 for starters - they were way out of spec. I don't remember the range but they weren't functioning as they should...probably because it was running pig rich for so long and the coolant probably killed the O2 sensor.

Bromley's Corvettes

Oh thats cool so all that was not a waist. You needed everything lol. Glad you got another 2 years anyway.

FINALLY PASSED...

Joe found a damaged fuel vent line under the car going to the evap cannister, and it passed the sniffer when he took it through cold - 150 degrees coolant temp.

I'm good for another 2 years!!! Maybe I can get that C5 around then...

Great to hear it passed! :rockon2:

FINALLY PASSED...

Joe found a damaged fuel vent line under the car going to the evap cannister, and it passed the sniffer when he took it through cold - 150 degrees coolant temp.

I'm good for another 2 years!!! Maybe I can get that C5 around then...

Awesome!!! I guess you don't need to borrow the GTO. So how does the rest of the story end????? Hope I didn't spill the beans.......

EDIT: Spelling issues....