Come on Newbies!

Eddie44

Just ran through the list of members and there are alot of names I don't recognize. I know you guys are lurking out there. Come on, step up and intro yourselves here.

I challenge anyone whose been here less than six mos to step up and give us a little info. How about name, type/year of vette, any mods you're especially proud of. Where do you live (part of the valley).

I noticed our newest member is from NM. Welcome neighbor :howdy:

This Forum is not some good ole boys club. We want you all to get involved. :yesnod:

For some reason it took a new computer before I could post. I have been working with DesertDawg to get the problem fixed since around September 1. I have owned three Corvettes with the current 2006 A6 as the last one. Chevy tantilized me with the 1953 at a Motorama show in Chicago and that hooked me. Well that and the fact that anything Porsche is just too high prices not to mention not good looking.

While a student at Purdue, Chevy supported me with dealer cost parts for a sleeper 55 four door sedan. I was routinely picked on by Fords to their embarassment. The first Vett came at college graduation when I got a used 1960 ermine white 283 230 HP close ratio 4 speed. It became a 327 wide ratio 4 speed (lower first three gears) and eventually it got a Duntov 3030 cam (Chevie's first great cam) and a fulie manifold. No Fords were to be found. The second Vett was my first new one while I was in graduate school...'68 427 t-top 435 HP (L71 I think). It was delivered in pathetic condition. The carbs leaked, one door upholstery was torn, the shift linkage balked and the windshield leaked. The latest, the 2006 was picked up at the museum and is just perfect; well, except that I would have another manual tranny but the wife wouldn't hear of it. Thus I waited for the 6 speed automatic.

I should add that we are living in Prescott and members of the Prescott Vette Sette club.

Thanks for stepping up and telling a great story! You are truly a Vette Enthusiast! You've been Vetting longer than alot of these guys have been alive.

WELCOME! :thumbs

Welcome John!

In case you haven't figured it out you'll fit right in with a blk Vette. We are definitely in the majority. yesnod.gifthumbsup.gif

In your dreams!

Welcome again and thanks for sharing with us. I wish all new members would. You've probably forgot more then I'll ever know. Now......what was my name? :lol:crazy:lol:crazy:lol:crazy

• 2 weeks later...

I see this tread was started back in 2005. I was still on the fence on whether I could afford to be included in this exclusive group called Vette Owners. I have been wanting one for a very long time. I knew that I would fit the Vette Personality as I like to keep my cars clean and running properly. I am pretty anal about the Vettes though. Don't get me wrong, I love my Vettes and hope to never be without one again. I really wish that I would have done this a long time ago. Now, as for information on me and the family. My name is Mark, the wifes name is Darci and the kids names are Kaliee and Holly. I work as an Airplane Mechanic and my wife works out of the house. I bought my (our) first Vette back in August of 2006. A 1995 Triple Black Coupe. We liked it so much, we bought another one in May of 2007. It's a 1998 Majestic Amethyst Metallic Coupe (Medium Pearl Purple on the build sheet). We live in East Mesa. I would love to be able to go out with you all on the weekends and meet more of you. But my work schedule has me working the graveyard shift and my first day off is Sunday. So I can make those get togethers if they should arise. I try for as much as I can but it's hard to get out on Saturday or the Friday nights as I have to be to work by 9:00 PM and tend to sleep most of the day away. I love working on the cars on my weekends and cleaning them all the time. My wife thinks I go overboard but she likes the outcome when she sees them. In fact, I have a busy weekend ahead of me as I bought some early Christmas presents for myself and will be installing them I hope. I will post some pictures when I get this done. Before and after as well so you can tell me if I did a good thing or not. I have found that there is a lot of information and help in this particular group of people and I love it. I know I could always use some help sometimes and I know I will get it from here. I also try to help out when I can and if I can. So that is it in a nut shell so to speak. My youngest Daughter Graduates from High School in 2008 so that is the last one I have to worry about. Maybe with her out of school, I can start saving for some serious mode money? Probably not though as I've learned from the older one that they always will need some money from Dad. I joined this forum in July of 2007. So I guess I am considered a newbie. That is why I am posting here now. Just to let most of you know what we are about in case we ever meet. I try and get on here at least once a day to read posts and post some things that I MIGHT REGRET!!! I think you might know where that one came from!! Anyway, we are having fun with this group and love to read everything I can. The wife doesn't get on here much so if something is posted, it's probably from me. We do wave so we got that part down pretty good I think. I even wave to other Vettes even if I'm not in mine. Crazy, Huh!! Here is a picture of our 2 Babies.

Talk at you late and maybe see ya down the road sometime. Happy Motoring.

The Purple one in going to change a little this weekend I hope.

Yes, I am a Husker fan.

1998and1995Corvettes-13.jpg

HerbieHusker1.jpgHuskerDancingHippo.gifHuskerSouthPark.gif

Hey Mark, no such thing as a newbie. Thanks for sharing this wonderful profile info with us. I always tend to think we are one big family of crazies who care for our families, each other and our Vettes. I have only one regret though, I live to damn far away. :thumbs

Wow, great intro Mark. Love that purple one. I got to thinkin' (uh oh) and realized I'd only seen a 'vette in that color once before, Ed's (Blew Ba-you) friend 'autoarteest' has the 'vert done up with Pace Car decals, anyway...yours is one of only a total of 381 Corvettes, Coupes and Convertibles, that were produced in this one year only color. So for a C5, you've got a relatively rare 'vette there. :phil evil:

Can't wait to see the mods! :thumbs

Dean

What part of Nebraska did you come from?

We come from the East side of the state. I am from the little town of Oakland (1300 People) and my Wife is from Fremont (25000) People. Pretty small towns compared to the Phoenix area. Fremont is about 30 miles North of Omaha and Oakland is about 60 miles North. The Purple Vette is something I wasn't really looking for but when I saw the color, I thought it was rather unique. It doesn't look as Purple as one would think when they heard the word Purple. So I looked into it and decided to try and get it. So far we really like it. Some guys give me some grief about it being a "Purple" car, but I like it. Everyone that sees it thinks it's Grey. I just wish I had more weekend days off so I could hang out with more of you more often. I got part of the mods yesterday and am waiting on the other parts so I can put them all together by Tuesday. Hope it all gets here by Monday. :ken::chris

Robert and Elizabeth
[

I got part of the mods yesterday and am waiting on the other parts so I can put them all together by Tuesday. Hope it all gets here by Monday. :ken::chris

Good luck!! :xfinger

• 2 weeks later...
Just ran through the list of members and there are alot of names I don't recognize. I know you guys are lurking out there. Come on, step up and intro yourselves here.

I challenge anyone whose been here less than six mos to step up and give us a little info. How about name, type/year of vette, any mods you're especially proud of. Where do you live (part of the valley).

This Forum is not some good ole boys club. We want you all to get involved. :yesnod:

It would be nice if there was an easier way to get pictures into the body of the msg, as tag lines, and into the upper left part where our user names are. Not being a computer geek----I can't make it happen. I have selected pic from my computer, then punched up-load and nothing happens. I give up.

someone posted that I need to first post the pics to a "photo bucket"---come on. I don't even know what a photo bucket is. Its got to be easier than that.

Meanwhile no pics of my car.

Hawkeye red C-6 Photo--no can do

It would be nice if there was an easier way to get pictures into the body of the msg, as tag lines, and into the upper left part where our user names are. Not being a computer geek----I can't make it happen. I have selected pic from my computer, then punched up-load and nothing happens. I give up.

someone posted that I need to first post the pics to a "photo bucket"---come on. I don't even know what a photo bucket is. Its got to be easier than that.

You have PM

I noticed our newest member is from NM. Welcome neighbor :howdy :

This Forum is not some good ole boys club. We want you all to get involved. :yesnod :

It sounds like the picture you are trying to use for the Avatar, is too large in pixel size. Do you know how to reduce the picture size? If not, send it to me via email and I can resize it.

Phil... :devil

I love reading through the old threads, this one is good... Thanks for bring it back :thumbs

Good to see you finally made it on here Curt, I hope to meet some of the newbies soon!!!

• 11 months later...

Great reading :)

Will meet who an when I can ..right now in the midst of job search while workin for a registry (contract work) ..

..man ..

..I know a few places I do NOT want to go EVER again!!

Ima LPN .. Licensed Public Nuisance .. er .. Nurse .. however,

I spent almost a decade as a 3d Artist in video games..

..-evil grin- .. yassir ..I sent some resume's out to a coupla those places too.

Much as I enjoy Nursing, ..right now it's first come first served, and frankly ..

..artist R me .. I've been told I am actually fairly good at the whole 3d Modeling, rendering, an such.

Always surprises me.

I get such a kick outta creating 'stuff' and watchin the programmers bring it to life.

*and* .. they pay me! What's not to like? -grin-

Little bits of what I useda do an some fun stuff:

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/1grayeagle/GEart/

..that's oil-canvas, acrylic-posterboard, 3d models w/texture maps built and rendered in 3dMax by me, etc.

Got interview to go to tomorrow for LPN stuff ..

..God willing one of the 3d places will snap me up for another decade or so :)

(would be fun to hook up with Microsoft, among others)

-Frank