" For those who like to drag race we will be spanking the Corvette Club again this year! "

FNBADAZ06

Have a call into John (Camaro board) to finalize if he still wants to run at Firebird's Friday Night Drags and TnT for Super Chevy this Friday, October 28, 2011.

Hopefully I get confirmation on Tuesday so we can setup some pairings before Friday arrives...gates open at 6:00 p.m.

Please let me know if you still plan to run, or wish to participate, in this drag race showdown between Corvettes vs. Camaros.

The hardest part will be going slow enough to avoid getting kicked out, yet fast enough to thoroughly embarrass the Camaro club guy that had the audacity to challenge us in the first place. :smilelol

I gotta quit putting off procrastinating and then get the procrastinating itself over with quickly, so I can get that damn rollbar installed. :facepalm:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Desertdawg

• Loud Pedal

Slow down? Why

In case the NHRA rules are enforced, which mandates that any car faster than 11.50 must have a rollbar installed. Several of us have been booted in the past for breaking that rule :smilelol

Cool I've got that covered

:thumbs

MikeG has one as well....I might be stomping the brakes at the stripe :edward:

I'l run one and done on Friday. verts have to be slower than 13.50 or risk getting booted.

Slow down? Why

In case the NHRA rules are enforced, which mandates that any car faster than 11.50 must have a rollbar installed. Several of us have been booted in the past for breaking that rule :smilelol

So? All ya gotta do is break it once and you've made your point! :3gears:

Slow down? Why

So? All ya gotta do is break it once and you've made your point! :3gears:

Oh, make no doubt about it....if I'm running a Camaro and it's a close race, my foot is staying thru the floorboards :edward:

Anyone else coming out to defend your honor in the Corvette vs Camaro call out ? :3gears: First page edited for participation.

I'm still hoping to go, don't know if I'm stuck on call that night yet.....

You should pickup those wheels and drag radials from ALLUDC....cheap, and since you're an auto the 27+ height won't be as big of an issue as they are with a manual car.

Hope you can make it :thumbs

Have a call into John (Camaro board) to finalize if he still wants to run at Firebird's Friday Night Drags and TnT for Super Chevy this Friday, October 28, 2011.

Hopefully I get confirmation on Tuesday so we can setup some pairings before Friday arrives...gates open at 6:00 p.m.

Please let me know if you still plan to run, or wish to participate, in this drag race showdown between Corvettes vs. Camaros.

So did you get confirmation that they'll show up?

Ya know, if they recognize they're not dealing with some whimpy Corvette club like last year, they might bail out.

So did you get confirmation that they'll show up?

Ya know, if they recognize they're not dealing with some whimpy Corvette club like last year, they might bail out.

No response yet.....I'm going to call him again at lunch time.

If I get no response, I'm going out anyway and picking on the Camaro's that showup :smilelol

Sure wish we had a cage in the Z. :edward:

You could still make one pass before you get punted !!!! :smilelol

GAME ON !!!!!!!!

Spoke to John, and it's set.......Corvette vs Camaro for Friday night :partydance:

He's not sure how many Camaro's are coming out, but he has a guesstimate of 20+ for the drags that night.

He says he pretty good friends with the Firebird announcer, so once we get our pairings up they'll announce it over the P.A. system.

John's got some type of 1st gen race car he's running.....didn't ask him about any of the specifics of the car, but we can try to get some competitive pairings put together at the track, and hell, I'll take on a race car with my put-putter.

Yeehaw....let's go racing !!!!! :3gears:

Can someone whip up a quick rollbar for SLAMMER ??????? :edward: I know he doesn't want to get left out of this.

There is a cage in the Camaro... :leaving

LPM Camaro vs LPM Corvette , for all the marbles......hell yeah !!!!! :smilelol

That idea has been floated... No drag radials on the Camaro though. As NicD put it... pointless on street tires.

pvc is the only quick roll bar that can be make up on such short notice. I still have my track tires on for Friday night. What time are you getting there Vic?

pvc is the only quick roll bar that can be make up on such short notice. I still have my track tires on for Friday night. What time are you getting there Vic?

ALLUDC has those 305/40/17 drag radials on the 17x9.5 wheels for sale REAL cheap.....snag those and put them on your car, as your stalled auto trans can handle the taller tire better than his clutch car. I bet you could hook really well with them.

I'm guessing I'll get there around 4:30-5:00 p.m. on Friday.

ALLUDC has those 305/40/17 drag radials on the 17x9.5 wheels for sale REAL cheap.....snag those and put them on your car, as your stalled auto trans can handle the taller tire better than his clutch car. I bet you could hook really well with them.

I'm guessing I'll get there around 4:30-5:00 p.m. on Friday.

Gates open at 6:00???

I won't be fully race ready, so if you plug in some numbers to pair me up, don't expect me to go under 11.50. (Unless it's a close race :edward: )

DA should range from 2600' early, to 1600' late.

I won't be fully race ready, so if you plug in some numbers to pair me up, don't expect me to go under 11.50. (Unless it's a close race :edward: )

You're correct...gates open at 6:00 p.m.

Maybe some of us can meet up somewhere for a beverage before hand, as I'll drive my car to the office and head straight down there instead of going home.

You should just put your track wheels on at home and drive down on them to maximize the number of runs you could possibly get in.

You're correct...gates open at 6:00 p.m.

Maybe some of us can meet up somewhere for a beverage before hand, as I'll drive my car to the office and head straight down there instead of going home.

You should just put your track wheels on at home and drive down on them to maximize the number of runs you could possibly get in.

DRs are in storage about halfway to Firebird, but the track never goes hot till 7 PM anyway.

Maximizing the number of runs means never dipping below 11.50. :LolLol: