" For those who like to drag race we will be spanking the Corvette Club again this year! "

FNBADAZ06

You heard right !!!! One of the local Camaro boards sent this e-mail out regarding next month's Super Chevy show....

"For those who like to drag race we will be spanking the Corvette Club again this year!"

I don't know which Corvette board participated in this event before, but maybe the ACE'hole's could give the F-Body boyz a run for their money :3gears:

The Super Chevy Show is scheduled for October 28-30, 2011 at Firebird Raceway.

Super Chevy, Firebird Raceway

Maybe if there's enough interest from ACE members, DD could contact the mod's from this Camaro board and set something up :edward:

edit: list of ACE'holes who are going to defend the honor of ACE and all other Corvettes:

Updated 10/28/2011

IN

01) FNBADAZ06

02) HOXXOH

03) MikeG

04) YGBSM35

05) Slammer (one run, and done)

06) ALLUDC

07) DesertDawg

MAYBE

01) Supercharged88

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Desertdawg

• Loud Pedal

I would love to run firebird but is this a private track day with no roll bar rules or will I have to deal with the 13.5 1/4 mile time set for convertibles. I would like to have a track that does a little bit of a prep job so it's not like the Ice arena track I was on last time. I swear they had a ZAMBONIE in one of the containers by the staging area for their track prep.

supercharged88

ill go play with the CAMARAS ill glady take whatever they want into the 9's for one pass till i get booted off the trackplus ive already won best in show and best in class at a NH super chevy show twice

I would love to run firebird but is this a private track day with no roll bar rules or will I have to deal with the 13.5 1/4 mile time set for convertibles. I would like to have a track that does a little bit of a prep job so it's not like the Ice arena track I was on last time. I swear they had a ZAMBONIE in one of the containers by the staging area for their track prep.

I don't know what track tech considerations they will be making. You now have the R888's on your other wheels, which should be a MUCH better tire to run at the drags versus your Nitto's.

I'm going to pencil it on my calendar, I want to go play and see if I can get in the 11's

Pin this event and let's get a roll call going for people who wish to participate. If you'd like, I can forward the e-mail to you so you can communicate with this board and let them know we accept their challenge :rockon2:

These events are always fun >>>> Looks like a chance to see Dave's LPM hot rods matched up ...... eh ???? :partydance:

You heard right !!!! One of the local Camaro boards sent this e-mail out regarding next month's Super Chevy show....

"For those who like to drag race we will be spanking the Corvette Club again this year!"

I don't know which Corvette board participated in this event before, but maybe the ACE'hole's could give the F-Body boyz a run for their money :3gears:

The Super Chevy Show is scheduled for October 28-30, 2011 at Firebird Raceway.

Super Chevy, Firebird Raceway

When I went to that link, it produced more questions than answers.

It's billed as a 3 day event for Chevy bodied or powered, but the Friday part is only the standard TnT drags open to the public and priced seperately. Say wha?

There are two bracket designations that have no relationship to the NHRA rulebook. One is called "Bonus Bracket Race Drags" on Saturday and the other called "DOT" on Sunday. There's no explanation what they are, anywhere on the site.

On the Participants page there are prices listed for the Show & Shine, Car Corral, and the Swap Meet but none on the registration form. However the reg. form and the Events page both clearly indicate there will be an Auto Cross both days, so maybe that part is free. :lol

Then they have an event called "Feature Show" on both days. I would have guessed it's the "Bonus Bracket Race Drags" on Saturday, except it starts an hour before the time trials are scheduled to end. They also list it starting 3 hours after the bracket races on Sunday.

This kinda makes you think the lack of organization will spill over to the actual event too.

Unless there is more clarity, you can count me out.

• 3 weeks later...

What day? I can be there on sat

I'm trying to get more info on this, as the mod for the 1st Gen Camaro board who issued the challenge has apparently worked out a package deal with Super Chevy that includes all the events for that entire weekend for a price that is equivalent to just one day ticket.

Friday night's event appears to be the usual Firebird TnT event, with Saturday and Sunday being Super Chevy specific.

I would love to go if someone has a spare seat ?!

I BELIEVE MY WING MAN'S SEAT IS CURRENTLY OPEN :scareddriver:

cool weather, prolly a CAVU day .. I will come watch if I can. (draggin 'Tinkerbell' isn't feasible .. yet) -Frank (heck I may even remember to bring a camera)

Hoosiers are getting mounted this afternoon....315/30/17's this time. Sent an e-mail to the mod on the board who issued the challenge.....trying to get it setup so we can run during Friday night's TnT on Super Chevy weekend as I know a lot of us have family/work/etc. obligations which preclude us from attending the Super Chevy event all weekend. This should be just the regular $20 Friday TnT price.

Hhhmmm....might also need to finish out my CTS drag pack in time for that weekend :facepalm:

Have a call into John (Camaro board) to finalize if he still wants to run at Firebird's Friday Night Drags and TnT for Super Chevy this Friday, October 28, 2011. Hopefully I get confirmation on Tuesday so we can setup some pairings before Friday arrives...gates open at 6:00 p.m. Please let me know if you still plan to run, or wish to participate, in this drag race showdown between Corvettes vs. Camaros.

I didnt realize this was at Firebird. I am going to come out and watch you guys whup some ass!

Yep...Firebird !!! Come on out and hang out that night....should be fun :3gears: