whos upgraded their C6 speakers?

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

Thinking about maybe upgrading the stock speakers in the Z BUT I want to keep it looking 100% stock. So something that fits in the oem locations and either a small hidden amp or using the factory bose amp. My stock Avalaanche Bose system sounds WAY better then the one in my vette...and I mean night and day better! I would be happy if my vette sounded the way my avalanche does. Anyone upgrade factory location speakers only and have some success with it sounding much better?

What's your complaint on the way it sounds now? Not loud enough, too much distortion, not enough treble, not enough bass? I've never had a C6 door apart, but I assume that they are similar to the C5 in that they have a powered sub and a 4" mid in each door, and 5 1/4" in the rear, maybe 6 1/2" in the rear. The deck powers the audio speakers and just sends a signal to the amp for the subs. You could start by replacing the audio speakers with some efficient coax speakers, but I really think you'll have to add some tweets up high to do much good. The door speakers fire right into your knees, which doesn't produce real good imaging.

The c6 has a thin 10" speaker in the door and a small tweeter in the top part of the door. And a 3.5" in the center dash

Well... Then I would say you are a bit limited on cheap options. I'm thinking the cheapest way to go would be a 4 channel amp (or 5 channel if you want to add a sub) fed by a line level converter (or a PAC adapter if they exist), 6 1/2" components in the doors with adapter plates where the 10's were, and replace the rears with decent quality coax speakers. No need for the center dash speaker. I'd say you're talking a grand or thereabouts for decent stuff.

fourseventeen

complaints...the sound is just to "high" not enough mid/low range. I really want to try and avoid adding an amp because I would be very limited on where to HIDE it and I would then need to hack into the factory wiring on the back of the radio to run cables to the amp. I have seen online somewhere that someone makes adapters for the doors to get rid of the 10" and replace them with 6.5". Guess I may just have to learn to deal with the stock sound or I could spend a couple hundred for better door speakers that probably wont sound much better without adding more power.

ARC audio makes some mini amps that can fit where the orig bose is. I run Polk speakers and like them, but without a sub the bass is pretty much nil . I know someone good who can help, who carries the ARC audio stuff. I'm looking to get a 5 channel amp too, I have 2 bigger amps and they do take up alot of space in the back, which isn't a problem until you go ion a trip and might need to put something on top, of them which shouldn'd be done. JL makes mini amps too and they sounded good to me, when I heard them in a audio shop and a viper. Tim

if you are in the area i will be going to the UFC fight at tilted kilt in Peoria tonight, you can listen to my car if you want too..... I would have thought the car would have sold by now. Tim

fourseventeen

I wouldnt have mind taking a listen but since I am heading out to Arrowhead tomorrow I dont want to make that trip 2 days in a row. I def dont want to have any amps or anything seen in the car if I upgrade. If I was to make it seen I might as well just go all out and build a custom box with a paid of 12" subs and call it good lol.