The cars from your past..... the picture thread

FNBADAZ06

Wow, Joe...that's some cool shit !!!! I'd have never guessed you for a GN owner....tried (and failed) to purchase a GNX back in the day but they wanted way more than I could afford (plus that crazy MSRP+ markup). I've only owned one other Vette in my life......a one owner triple black 69 427 Vert purchased from a pilot stationed at D.M who got it from his late father. I only had the car for 6 months before I sold it to finance my AC Cobra replica build. I think I might have one old pic of that car....I'll see if I can find it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• MOTV8

• Ted Y

• old yeller

Yep. That is the only car I have ever had to pay sticker price for. $14,500. Also throw in a 1986 Trans Am in the mix. Can't find a pic of it.

Yep. That is the only car I have ever had to pay sticker price for. $14,500.

Also throw in a 1986 Trans Am in the mix. Can't find a pic of it.

ACEholes showin' the love for the 3rd Gen F-bodies.....all the cool kids had to have at least one some time in their life :smilelol

I think the Buick dealer in Tucson wanted 40K large for that GNX that year.

I still like the mid 80's Z-28's and IROC's. And NO, I do not have a mullett. :lol

I still like the mid 80's Z-28's and IROC's. And NO, I do not have a mullett. :lol

I can Old Yeller sporting a serious Joe Dirt mullet :smilelol

Along with my Chevy Turbo Sprint, I still had a monster for the street wars....you can see the ass end in the carport :edward:

Posted Image

My mighty 1970 SS 454 Chevelle LS5 auto car with bench seat :edward:

Posted Image

This was my first "official" 12 second car, as the nitrous 427 SS/RS Camaro never ran the quarter mile. If memory serve's, she ran a best of 12.54@115 MPH....big shit for a street car back in the 80's. I bought a 1970 454 Caprice for a motor so I could keep the original, built it with iron square port heads, Edelbrock Tarantula manifold with 800 mechanical Holley carb, L-88 solid lifter cam (my first), Milidon gear drive (remember those ?), a Chevy Vega auto 9" convertor (poor man's 3500 stall :lol ), and 4.88 rear gear :eek: Who needed fuel economy when you also own a Sprint :smilelol

The one I wish I never would have sold, and my dream car at the time....my original Z11 1969 SS/RS 350 Camaro Indy Pace Car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not all pix of my cars .... .but one like the pix .... kinda in order ... am still digging for more real shots like the 66Rdstr... and the bike pix ....

...and the one that started it all for me.

My first car, my 1969 Camaro 327 "Mighty Mouse" :partygrnhat:

327 with a 3 speed manual on the floor.

Scanned off the original Polaroid from 1979 :partygrnhat:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Final Effort

Ya a Milidon gear drive, or Summer Bros. couldn't go wrong with ether. The neat thing about the Summers drive was it put the Distributor up front.

Posted Image

So what front bumper is that? I never thought I would like an aftermarket one but that one is really nice!

Posted Image

So what front bumper is that? I never thought I would like an aftermarket one but that one is really nice!

Tigershark!

I have to admit... I kinda like it. I thought the TS was different though... I thought there was more to it.

I have to admit... I kinda like it.

I thought the TS was different though... I thought there was more to it.

more off topic pictuers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have to admit... I kinda like it.

I thought the TS was different though... I thought there was more to it.

more off topic pictuers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's a good lookin' ride, Chad !!! :thumbs

Must have been before my arrival at ACE.

I bought one of these when I was 15, before I had a license. 1973 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up. Mine was not this nice. I bought it for $775.00. It was that mustard/brown color underneath the bad whit paint job. What a gas hog! :willy

I bought one of these when I was 15, before I had a license. 1973 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up. Mine was not this nice. I bought it for $775.00. It was that mustard/brown color underneath the bad whit paint job. What a gas hog! :willy

I've owned one truck in my life....a new 1999 GMC Suburban SLT.

Used it to haul the boat, jet ski's, and othr toys :thumbs

Posted Image

Posted Image

The one car I had no business owning at my age......my 1969 Camaro drag car ,which I ran one year in NHRA Comp Eliminator class, then tried to make a street car out of it :banghead Purchased at Pomona Ca. during the NHRA Winternationals race as a rolling chassis, it came without a motor but came with a race Powerglide and an open tri-axle trailer. Even with major support from my racing mentor (who owned and ran Nitro funny car) and some sponsorship from what was/is Orielly Chevrolet in Tucson (while I worked at Jim Click Ford, no less :smilelol ), competitive racing in NHRA is a grownup game with big bucks involved. Pulled the 427 from my old 69 SS/RS Camaro street car, had Townsend Racing Works punch it out to 440 ci, 13:1 compression, powerglide with 5000 stall , and 2500 lbs race weight. Fun to race but not really competitive in the class I had to run. Plus, as a young stud, the only time you could show off the car was at a race, which sucked !!! I wanted an over the top billy bad ass street car, and the Pro Street scene just started up, so we pulled the race cam for a radical street grind, pulled the 1080 Holley Dominator for something streetable, left the 13:1 compression (:eek) , and.............put the I.C.E plate nitrous kit back on it !!!! :rockon2:

Car got something like 6 MPG IIRC, required race gas, hated idling for long periods of time (Friday/Saturday night cruise traffic on Speedway), and was loud as f*ck with all the street pebbles bouncing off the sheetmetal wheel tubs.

Friday night "Run what ya Brung" drags at the old Tucson Dragway, the car ran a best of 9.30's @ 142 on a 125 shot. When the car came up on it's rear bumper one day when the wheelie bar broke on the right side, it caused the car to cross the center stripe at the 60' mark with the wheels 3 ' in the air. As a noob to wheelies, I panicked and hit the brakes which brought the car down hard and pancaked the entire front suspension. 6 months later (after fixing the front end), I sold the car after learning the hard way that race cars rarely make good street cars. Guys thought it was bad ass, girl friends hated the thing.

Car with it original striping and California sponsorship crap still on the car....

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Ratification", as a named her, racing at the old Tucson Dragway on Houghton.

Shit....is that DesertDawg running the tree ??????? :lol

Posted Image