Cherye's Dad

TheCMSH

I just wanted to get everyone in the loop, Cherye's Dad had a massive stroke this weekend, he's in the hospital in Chandler and not doing very well. To top it off her truck was broke into last night while she was staying at her Brother's, she lost her stereo and a list of things inside the truck. Needless to say, she is "WickedSad" right now, I'm sure she could use all the thoughts, prayers, and support from her ACE family right now. Hang in there groovy, we all love ya!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wickedfastvette

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• TheCMSH

Oh WOW! Sorry to hear about Cherye's latest misfortune. :facepalm: I hope things get much better soon. Hang in there Cherye! :ACE:

He made it to the Hospital so his chances of survival are huge .. it will be tough goin thru the 'remapping' - 'retraining' as he regains functions that have been affected. It takes awhile but with any luck at all he will be back on his feet and doin Dad things. Hang tough, show him you care ..even if he does not respond initially he can probably hear you fine. (my Dad had a stroke long ago . . as a 'guy' and his first born son it was my job to tell him: 'Now I can kick yer ass, Dad and there's nothin you can do about it' ... he smiled ...first response from his stroke :) -Frank (was a Licensed Practical Nurse for several years ..till I just could not do direct patient care anymore)

Prayers are with you and your family, Cherye. Hope your Father gets well...the truck stuff sucks but at least you'll have the insurance for that.

Cherye,

As Frank said, your Dad is in good hands and it will just take time now.

You've been with ACE long enough to know that we're here for you. If there's anything we can do for you or your family please don't hesitate to let us know!

Quicksilver98

Oh man.....Here is more thoughts and prayers for ya!. It sucks to have some low life steal your stuff when your already going through a rough time. Hope the best for your Dad! Hang in there and know that your ACE family is here for anything you need.

wickedfastvette

Thank you everyone, police just left so I can finally head back over to the hospital, he is not doing well the stroke was in the center of the brain and they said we just have to wait and see, and they are not giving a good prognosis. :( As far as my truck goes, going to lose there, my insurance says I didnt tell them I had aftermarket equipment, so what they cover won't replace what I had and I have a 1,000 deductible. they tore the dash up so hoping that my air works! Not having the best day, but makes me feel better knowing my ACE family is there! I think Im staying down here in Chandler 1 more day at least, might need a beer tonight if anybody is up for it. Ps. glad I just switched my car over to Hagerty insurance.

Sorry to hear about all the sad in your life right now Cherye, Like Eddie said, if there's anything we can do to help then please let us know...

Wow, just saw this. Major suckage on several fronts at once. :( Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :grphug: We're here for you Cherye, let us know if you need ANYTHING!

wickedfastvette

Dads still hanging in there! And want to put out a thank you to Jim (TheCMSH) And Mike at LoudPedal for helping me get the truck drivable. You guys are awesome.

Sorry to hear about this. Way to step up guys! :yourock: I am in Chandler if you need anything. :thumbs

Dads still hanging in there!

And want to put out a thank you to Jim (TheCMSH) And Mike at LoudPedal for helping me get the truck drivable. You guys are awesome.

Here's how how I "helped":

1) I look at it and say, "Man that's F'ed"

2) I call Mike, before I can even tell him the whole scenario he says, "Just bring it down here, I'll get it put back together so its driveable"

3) Get it to LPM and within 15 minutes Mike says "Easy as soup" and its done.

All I did was make the phone call to Mike, run blocker in traffic and got her and the truck there, then Mike stepped up and took care if it. Hell of a great thing you did their Mike and not to mention when its 114 degrees out, thank you! :thumbs:yourock:

Sorry to this, wishing your Pops a speedy recovery and prayers are sent! All the best to you and your family!