I would like A.C.E. to go to ......

BSeery

I want to go on a cruise to......  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Howdy all!

I am posting this to find out where you all want to go this year for cruises.

I have heard a few good ideas from members.

Some have mentioned an 2 day trip to Lake Havasu, maybe in March / April (around spring break) or in October.

Others have said they like the cookouts, and maybe we would do another trip to the Verde Valley area.

Some people enjoyed the train ride, and want to do that again.

There were a few that liked the trip to Johnny Angels in Show Low.

So, I posted a few ideas as a poll. I can list 15 total, so I will add the first ones suggested as well. Please list what you want to do, where you want to go and what has worked in the past and what has just sucked and don't want to do again.

Obviously we want to head south in winter / spring and stay north in late spring - fall.

I am still working on a location for the 3rd Annual Topless Cruise as well. Last year's worked well meeting with the Tucson group. Maybe we will meet with them again, or try something with a group from Prescott or maybe even another Phoenix based club like Sun Country Corvettes. Let me know your thoughts on that as well.

Guest waymirec

I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to the States and being able to go on cruises, no matter where they are. Count me in!

:thumbs:

Problem with the poll is you can only vote for one thing.... :(

:agree: I thought:

Flagstaff via Sedona and Oak Creek was good.

Showlow via the Salt River Canyon was good.

Yarnell Hill was good (only this time up the hill, not down)

Flagstaff via Payson and Winslow or Lake Mary Rd.

Just a few suggestions! :thumbs:

Flagstaff via

Prescott to

Kirkland Junction to

Skull Valley to

Iron Springs

back to Prescott to

Chino Valley to

Paulden to

Ash Fork to

Flagstaff

If you have never been to Skull Valley, that is a very beautiful drive and the little Cafe there has wonderful food.

Just a thought from up north. :D

I think I may have an "informal" and "un-official" meeting of A.C.E. members at the Gila Bend BBQ. It will be "un-official" as we are and "un-official" Corvette Club. We are all here because we don't do dues, meetings, board members, and that crap.

However, I do want to get the ideas of what other members want to do, and maybe put some of those in the best spots on the calendar to help get these activities off the ground.

I am not the leader of this group, just the one with the web space. It's YOU - the members that decide where we go and when. I just say "yeah, that's a good idea. Let me put that on the calendar and see where it goes". That is all I want to get figured out.

• 2 weeks later...

I also think a quick lunch trip to scenic downtown Miami would be good also.

They are actually re-modeling the old area, old fashioned ice cream fountain bar also, some antique shopping...but I think it's a cool drive :cheers:

Guest XLR8TNC5
I also think a quick lunch trip to scenic downtown Globe would be good also.

They are actually re-modeling the old area, old fashioned ice cream fountain bar also, some antique shopping...but I think it's a cool drive :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Time to resurrect this thread. Don't forget about Doc M's San Diego Cruise later in the summer. I've gone two years in a row and it's a great time! There ususually isn't a date until about a month before so save a couple days vacation for July or Aug (normally a 3 day weekend). This year I'd like to get with the San Diego group and have somebody lead us in via the back way (twisties). They were going to do it last year but several personal emergencies and the fires stopped them from meeting up with us. Still a great time! :thumbs:

Guest Sidewinder

You know what, since my plans for Primm/LAs Vegas and Reno have been changed (more like canceled, thanks to Mark) I am thinking I should save the vaca days and head out on this San Diego cruise.

Can't wait to see when it is so I can start planning for it.

See ya later,

Tanya

You know what, since my plans for Primm/LAs Vegas and Reno have been changed (more like canceled, thanks to Mark) I am thinking I should save the vaca days and head out on this San Diego cruise.

Can't wait to see when it is so I can start planning for it.

See ya later,

Tanya

Yeah I tell myself every year that I'm going...I hope this is the year.

I think we all need to separately email Doc, and let's get him to set a date now...

EDIT, I can't find his email address, but here is his phone number...

480-982-9898.

Ask for Doc or Rose Maher