Sweet 61 Vette

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Some pix of a nice 61 I did some work on. New water pump and hoses and thermostate and oil and filter and mag drian plug and plugs and adjust and clean carb and turn signal flasher and bulbs and motor mounts and belt. The balancer bolt was missing lol. I went to take the crank pully off to clean and paint it and the three that hold the pully on where there but no crank bolt. He was lucky the threads in the crank where ok just had to put a new bolt in it.

That's the weirdest air filter I've ever seen. Man they really did things different back then...

Bromley's Corvettes

It was fun to work on they where simple back then. I wish he would let me make it as nice on the under side as it is on top.

Final Effort

That's the weirdest air filter I've ever seen. Man they really did things different back then...

Yep a person can actuality work on the engine. :smilelol

*nice* .. thanks for sharin :) Wonder what happened to the crank bolt .. cant imagine anyone forgettin to put it back in and vibrating loose and out .. wow. Could have been a bullet thru the hood at any decent RPM. -Frank

Bromley's Corvettes

Ya no crank bolt could of been real bad. He just got the car back from body shop after 4 years. He would have died if the bolt or balancer went through the hood lol.

You don't see a car with an honest to goodness generator very often. Nice to see the car in such nice shape.

Azmotorhead

Center crank bolts weren't used until the late 60's. 67 or 8 I think. I've had to drill a and tap couple on car.

Bromley's Corvettes

That would explan why it was missing it never had one lol. The threads in the crank where good so maybe its not the orignal engine or at least the crank has been replaced. That must have been fun drilling and taping the crank in the car.

Azmotorhead

That would explan why it was missing it never had one lol. The threads in the crank where good so maybe its not the orignal engine or at least the crank has been replaced. That must have been fun drilling and taping the crank in the car.

Yep it sucked. on my back, chips in the face & forearms screaming.

Bromley's Corvettes

LOL ya whats even more fun is welding on your back so you get burned on front and sparks get under you so when you roll around you lay on them and get burned on your back and front at the same time lol. Then you smell something burning and its you lol. Had to put out my shirt more then once good times :yesnod