Anyone in east valley with HP Tuners/EFI Live?

Guest Chase

Guest Chase

I am hunting down a detonating issue I am getting in my 01 Z06. Car is bone stock other then zip tie mod to intake and a Borla catback. I am only getting issues at WOT so I was hoping somebody local had HP tuners or EFI live and would let me use it to do some datalogging. From what I've been told you don't need any credits to do so so it should be free but obviously I'll pay to borrow it or whatever. I am located in east Mesa. Let me know if anyone could help out! Thanks

I dont know of anyone willing to lend out a cable but we would be more than happy to schedule you in and have Nic take a look at it for you.

I would make sure the MAF is clean and your fuel pressure is good. Detonation on the LS6s is pretty common in AZ with our piss gas and crappy air and more often then not I'm pulling timing when I tune bolt on LS6s.

I am hunting down a detonating issue I am getting in my 01 Z06. Car is bone stock other then zip tie mod to intake and a Borla catback. I am only getting issues at WOT so I was hoping somebody local had HP tuners or EFI live and would let me use it to do some datalogging. From what I've been told you don't need any credits to do so so it should be free but obviously I'll pay to borrow it or whatever.

I am located in east Mesa.

Let me know if anyone could help out! Thanks

Might I make a suggestion to you about this WOT detonation...

Where do you buy your fuel at ?

I have noticed a significant differenece in the amount of KR I get on my C6 Z06 based on the vendor I get my fuel at. I used to get most of my fuel at Costco, or whatever fueling station was convienent when I ran low. After noticing what seemed to be random changes in fuel economy and knock I became suspicios of the fuel I've been purchasing. I've since switched to using Shell fuel exclusively for my Z and have noticed an increase in fuel economy....I suspect I'm getting less KR as well but haven't done any logging this year after the switch.

If you're not using a top tier fuel you might want to give a try for a couple of fuelup's to see if that helps with the issue, especially since everything we buy here in Phoenix is 10% ethanol spiked (E10). Also, with our high ambient temps, this will only exacerbate your knock issue.

I've done mostly Chevron, but when Nic tuned mine it had detonation as well. He got rid of as much as he could, but said it's probably the gas. I've used Shell the last few times because its close and seems to be good.

it's also very hot out as well. Richen the car up a bit and sacrifice a few hp for safe measure!

The EQ ratio in a stock Z06 tune is plenty fat, so I disagree with this solution.

I agree with Nic, it is likely skewed readings due to a dirty MAF, fuel delivery issues due to clogging of the filter or injectors, or fuel with too low an AKI.

Guest Chase

Been busy for the past week but thanks for all the replies! I figured on a stock car the PCM would adapt to the higher temps and adjust timing accordingly but I guess you never know. I'm going to clean out the MAF and see if that helps out all tomorrow, I haven't been driving it hard at all with the current issue and I was hoping to wait until I did actual bolt-ons on the car before having to get it tuned.. It only has a catback. As far as Gas, I try to only hit a Chevron or Shell station if possible!