Z going under the knife

Loud Pedal

Tom's 10 second C6 is unbelievable it daily drives and run's 10's. I would have to bet Tom would destroy Drew's car in a heads up 1/4 mile because of its build and Tom's driving. Now Drew's car if it ever returns to AZ will probably crush most everyone in a 100 plus mph run!

Absolutely correct. I wouldn't take that bet without 3 car lengths at least!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loud Pedal

• Drewstein

• HOXXOH

• Bigfoot

Guest AZviperMike

why is it a psiing contest? It sound smore like to me good bantor and logical racing talk! Just cause your car is slow thats not our problem! :LolLol:

There's always someone faster. :yesnod I could care less who is faster than who. :thumbs

Was that really you that said "Gee, I wonder what an LS7 conversion in a C5 would cost." a few posts ago? :lol

There's always someone faster. :yesnod I could care less who is faster than who. :thumbs

Was that really you that said "Gee, I wonder what an LS7 conversion in a C5 would cost." a few posts ago? :lol

More of a change for the sake of change. I'd like more power...but just for power's sake...not so I can be faster than someone else. :yesnod (Tim Allen's *whoo whoo whoo*)

Powder coating, polishing and painting!!!! This Z is going to look better than it is fast!!!

No pics ??????????

Viper boy said the powder coating looks awesome :thumbs

I was told to keep it under wraps until we unleash the hounds!! Mr. Pedal may take the liberty!

Aahhh....OK. Obey thy Master :smilelol

More of a change for the sake of change. I'd like more power...but just for power's sake...not so I can be faster than someone else. :yesnod (Tim Allen's *whoo whoo whoo*)

The only one I specifically want to be faster than, is me. It's a competition with self-imposed limits (no internals - remain DD) between me and the clock. I continuous try to be quicker/faster than previously. Similar cars only provide a comparison and the knowledge of a reachable goal. Kinda like bowling. When you finally hit 300 a few times, the next goal is a 900 series. Even if your PB is 822, you still strive for an 823 or better. :yesnod

To be quicker/faster than anyone else on this forum would be as simple as building an econ-o-rail, but that's not the point, nor do I care. I'm content to play with my DD. The track is the only way to gauge the performance of both the car and driver. Similar cars provide a way to identify your standing within that group.

When LPM finishes the Z, it's in a much different group than almost everyone on this forum. The direction of the build favors drag racing, so that's where the results will be for comparison to other cars in that group. With the 1000 HP goal, I'm expecting low 9's. :thumbs

Guest LOUDMIKE

When LPM finishes the Z, it's in a much different group than almost everyone on this forum. The direction of the build favors drag racing, so that's where the results will be for comparison to other cars in that group. With the 1000 HP goal, I'm expecting low 9's.

If this car runs a 15 I would be amazed and will high five the driver for keeping it going straight for that long. After driving the last 800 hp Corvette it is really hard to explain. For every 50 HP over 600 it feels like it doubles. And so on and so on and so on.

My advice on the car is to charge $25.00 for a 5 minute ride in the car.

It's like sound... Every 10db is a perceived doubling of sound level...

I was told to keep it under wraps until we unleash the hounds!! Mr. Pedal may take the liberty!

When did I say that? Was I drinking? :lol

I asked Billy to start on a build page for the web site today. We'll start posting some stuff as soon as we can.

Feel of the car useda change just pickin up a tenth or two ..sometimes had to change tire pressures when the 'air' got better an such to keep from fryin 'em or settle the launch. Learned if wrinkle-wall slicks load then unload on launch, let some air out ..sometimes just a pound less did the deed. Was a positive indicator the motor had picked up some hp :) -Frank

I'm content to play with my DD. :thumbs

You'll go blind!

:cone How many cubes Mike? We need more info to start percolating our guesstimates for hp/tq contest! :unsure

Wicked NICE! :partydance: I bet it would run even faster with a CF Renegade setup. :smilelol

Guest AZviperMike

It was sweet in person also! I will be there today to get the snake! Picked up headers,gears and a few other toys for her last night also!