Z going under the knife

Loud Pedal

Since building the Camaro, it hardly seems right the the vette is putting down so much less power. I think it's time to remedy that.

We'll be yanking the LS7 and going with a 454 LSX. A Procharger F1R will send in some love. More details to come, but we're shooting for close to 1000HP. :edward: I'm hoping to have it done in time for Prescott.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loud Pedal

• Drewstein

• HOXXOH

• Bigfoot

:clap:clap Now you WILL have to see who's faster Dave! :lol That LS7 is gonna make someone a hella nice "take-out" too...

But will you be able to drive the car to Vegas for golf outings? How did I know this day would come? Hell yes dood.

Hope to see it there. I really don't know what I would do with all that power though. LS7 fit in Grape?

So how fast is the Camaro? And how fast is the Z right now?

Oh, quit busin' my balls Tom. :lol

I did put a cage in the Camaro, so it will pass tech now. I just need to wait for it to cool off a bit and for me to get up the nerve. I have a lot of money invested in that car, and my drag track time amounts to Friday nights when I was in high school.

I am going to keep the LS7 complete with accessories and will likely be putting it up for sale. It has about 15K mi on it and most of you have heard it run. It's a healthy sounding cam.

Crazy, dude......I knew you'd break down sooner than later :smilelol

Azmotorhead

Hope to see it there. I really don't know what I would do with all that power though. LS7 fit in Grape?

YES!!!:3gears:

That is awesome Dave .... looking forward to the build ... As for the LS7 ... it would look really cool in my C3 >>>> #just sayin:partydance:

Frickin' SWEEEEEET! I bet it won't be faster then a HELLFIRE. Jus sayin...Derka, Derka! :P

I did put a cage in the Camaro, so it will pass tech now. I just need to wait for it to cool off a bit and for me to get up the nerve. I have a lot of money invested in that car, and my drag track time amounts to Friday nights when I was in high school.

I am going to keep the LS7 complete with accessories and will likely be putting it up for sale. It has about 15K mi on it and most of you have heard it run. It's a healthy sounding cam.

Hey, just trying to get a baseline to see the differences. :yesnod I hadn't heard anything other than dyno pulls for either car, so just asking.

If you need a driver, I'm sure you could get plenty of volunteers. :3gears::3gears:

I can already hear Victor saying " me me :wave2: pick me :ED: " :LolLol:

SHOTGUN!!!

LOL

dammit. I always miss SHOTGUN!

Hey Chad, did you see what Dave was going to put up for sale ???

wink wink nudge nudge

I can already hear Victor saying " me me :wave2: pick me :ED: " :LolLol:

:funnypost:

A great movie quote, modified to fit the answer....

" You don't own that <Camaro>, the <LPM> payers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

With all that new HP you'll be needing some new soft gummy sticky gooooey wide tires. Just keep it between the lines Dave. Best of luck on your new MONSTER. MoooooHaaaHaaaHaaa! :smilelol

LS-7 into a C5: Prolly a few hours labor and perhaps a tune to let the computer know it's got more balls now .. ..and .. er .. the cost of the motor .. mini-tubs and 12" rims in the back, an stuff like that :) Just a guess. -Frank

Gee, I wonder what an LS7 conversion in a C5 would cost. :pensativo:

LS-7 into a C5:

Prolly a few hours labor and perhaps a tune to let the computer know it's got more balls now ..

..and .. er .. the cost of the motor .. mini-tubs and 12" rims in the back, an stuff like that :)

Just a guess.

-Frank

To rich for my blood I'm sure.

It's definately something we can look into if someone is serious. If it were me, I would forego the dry sump oil system to save some money and headache. We'll see what I'm left with when the swap is complete. We started making a punch list today. :partydance: